Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

2 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Does anyone else think we’ll see one of the younger QB’s at some point and keep them under the 4 game qualifying line?

I think Sam's good but indeed I hope we see that. I mean, Sam's good, but we can do better.

Edited by Thetexashammer

1 minute ago, Tired of Lurking said:

I think we will see both Rising and Thompson before Shane in mop-up duty. We just have to get to a point where we have big enough leads to justify it.

If Sam keeps running head first into defenders he will likely get hurt at some point, necessitating some Thompson or Rising 

Sam, barring significant injury, is absolutely capable of running this offense.

Case McCoy was better than David Ash back in 2013 and don’t give me the concussion issues.

We are in a damn good position relative to the last 5 years and let’s savor it for chrissake. 

• Fuck You 1

no one loves shane.  we just see sam for what he is, a fucking fullback playing qb.  he's at best a mediocre qb who is pretty shitty at throwing the ball.  but hey, he can get us that one extra first down scrambling but causes us to go multiple three and outs cause he can't hit the broad side of a barn.  yea for that one scrambling first down!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

He led our offense to only 1 TD against a KSU team that gave up 35 to WVU the week prior.

Pretty sure West fucking Virginia (you know, the 12th ranked team in the country) has a better offense at home than we do against a team we haven't beat in 16 years on the road.

Also - we scored points on our last drive, just didn't put them on the board. Same thing in the Tulsa game. This was at least a 22-14 scoreline and Tulsa would have been 35-21.

Because we actually have class unlike fucklasuckadickoma 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Blanton said:

You got an axe to grind dude, and that’s okay, but I don’t think things are gonna play out in your favor

i was the most vocal ash critic on shaggy- dude was not as great as people made him out to be. he was still easily better than sam ehlinger. ehlinger is entirely underwhelming: 

1 minute ago, Thujone said:

Dont' give you the concussion issues? Fuck off, man. Ash's brain liquified. With a regular brain he was the best QB and it wasn't even close. 

Ash simply was never really that good of a QB outside 2011 Holiday Bowl (MVP Winner).

He had tremendous athleticism but wasn’t much of a leader nor demonstrated competent QB play

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

no one loves shane.  we just see sam for what he is, a fucking fullback playing qb.  he's at best a mediocre qb who is pretty shitty at throwing the ball.  but hey, he can get us that one extra first down scrambling but causes us to go multiple three and outs cause he can't hit the broad side of a barn.  yea for that one scrambling first down!!!!!!

This all day...   He costs us to lose games last year this year he’s costing us to be in close games that shouldn’t be close.  Shane might not be the answer but give someone who can actually pass the football vertically down field semi accurately (the job of a qb) a few series atleast.  If some of y’all actually think Sam is a good qb, damn your standards for the position are really low and you don’t know football 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

the "omg we won stop bitching" crowd and all the jokers who keep pos repping them can go find the game thread now please and thank you. this is a thread specifically dedicated to discussing sam ehlinger and his performance. this isn't a game thread, and it isn't hornfans. if ehlinger doesn't play particularly well then it's going to get talked about in here. telling everyone to shut up because we won is just mucking up the thread with sunshine fanboy crap.

The "people" you're talking about are the morons pining for Shane to be in the game. The "we won stop bitching" shit are the people that focus on wins rather than who's playing under center. 

So yes, you are 100% defending the people voicing that Shane needs to get a look. Don't even try and deny that shit. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

The "people" you're talking about are the morons pining for Shane to be in the game. The "we won stop bitching" shit are the people that focus on wins rather than who's playing under center. 

So yes, you are 100% defending the people voicing that Shane needs to get a look. Don't even try and deny that shit. 

i can't even comprehend how you could come to this conclusion. you and this texas25 guy are something special. 

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

This all day...   He costs us to lose games last year this year he’s costing us to be in close games that shouldn’t be close.  Shane might not be the answer but give someone who can actually pass the football vertically down field semi accurately (the job of a qb) a few series atleast.  If some of y’all actually think Sam is a good qb, damn your standards for the position are really low and you don’t know football 

We're one year removed from a 6-6 season and two years removed from the worst 3 year stretch in UT history. 

I don't give a fuck how close the games are we are WINNING which is something we haven't done in TOO MANY YEARS. 

I mean, is your argument that if we put someone else in we win the last 4 games but win by more points? Who gives a fuck. This is the best team we've had in years. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Stringer said:

look, Sam missed a wide open post pattern by 10 yards, then missed a 5 yard out patter by about 2 yards.  We can't consistently win games with that.  We just can't.  

We can and we are. Look at the last 4 weeks. Y'all are taking crazy pills. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Thujone said:

Dont' give you the concussion issues? Fuck off, man. Ash's brain liquified. With a regular brain he was the best QB and it wasn't even close. 

You're essentially asking a hypothetical. I can't know what Ash would have done. He never got the chance to really be the guy. 

I thought Sam's worst throw of the day by far was when he missed a wide open Duvernay for a TD on the first drive. Had a clean pocket to work with on the throw too. 

He's very inaccurate, but I'm seeing improvement in that Sam isn't throwing passes that have a real chance of being picked off anymore. I still think he plays with too much emotion and gets scared/nervous in big moments. His double clutch on that pass that Johnson had to dive at on the sideline in the 4th says it all. 

Just now, ztejas said:

We're one year removed from a 6-6 season and one year removed from the worst 3 year stretch in UT history. 

I don't give a fuck how close the games are we are WINNING which is something we haven't done in TOO MANY YEARS. 

I mean, is your argument that if we put someone else in we win the last 4 games but win by more points? Who gives a fuck. This is the best team we've had in years. 

No the point is without a semi accurate QB to throw the ball down the field, we won’t beat good teams and have the receivers to do that but no one to get it to them

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

We're one year removed from a 6-6 season and two years removed from the worst 3 year stretch in UT history. 

you fuck fat girls don't you, cause hey at least you're getting laid?

• Haha 1

Ash - 385-612, 62.9%, 4728 yards, 31 TD, 18 INT, 138.6 Rating
McCoy - 329-550, 59.8%, 3689 yards, 24 TD, 20 INT, 123.3 Rating
Swoopes - 281-499, 56.3%, 3038 yards, 17 TD, 13 INT, 113.5 Rating
Buechele - 373-604, 61.8%, 4363 yards, 28 TD, 15 INT, 132.8 Rating
Ehlinger - 237-406, 58.4%, 2893 yards, 19 TD, 9 INT, 129.2 Rating (not including today's game)

Ash, Buechele, and Ehlinger all look pretty interchangeable to me. No one is demonstrably better than the other.

Just now, Tired of Lurking said:

Ehlinger - 237-406, 58.4%, 2893 yards, 19 TD, 9 INT, 129.2 Rating (not including today's game)

Ash, Buechele, and Ehlinger all look pretty interchangeable to me. No one is demonstrably better than the other.

You're including Ehlinger's frosh year. His sohpomore stats so far are better and against good teams. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tired of Lurking said:

first off, stats don't tell the whole story (not even close with ash's injury problems), and second, those stats don't even say that ehlinger is equal to ash, they empirically prove that he has inferior stats. so...

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Saying the best since Colt, isn't saying much. 

It’s not but at the same time people compare him to Colt and VY and that’s not fair.  He’s clearly maturing with respect to dumbshit plays. He’s got 14 games under his belt and not all of them starts.  I see progress but it’s not linear and it never is.

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

No the point is without a semi accurate QB to throw the ball down the field, we won’t beat good teams and have the receivers to do that but no one to get it to them

We beat TCU and I think they're good. I agree we won't beat great teams like West Virginia and (ugh) Oklahoma without better QB play.

I didn't say that dumb ass.

And I've known you were trash for a very long time.

I didn't say you said that, dumbass. In fact I pretty clearly implied you didn't say it considering I said your opinion was even dumber than that.

Add stupid to ignorantly sanctimonious on your list of traits. Again, congratulations.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stringer said:

look, Sam missed a wide open post pattern by 10 yards, then missed a 5 yard out patter by about 2 yards.  We can't consistently win games with that.  We just can't.  

Have you been watching Texas football the last 8 years? 

We’ve had substantially bigger issues regarding QB play than a handful of bad passes. 

We need a bus driver and Sam fills that role limiting turnovers, ball security, and not getting conscussed and/or injured in the midst of a drive. 

If anyone uses Sam’s QB play from last year to include in their sample size when judging his current performance, then that is just poor analysis. 

5 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Sam throws the ball straight only half the time, that’s why on paper he looks ok, Herman loves that you believe that too... Let’s look at the stats on those passes over 5 yards

Edited by Hook1997

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

i nominate ztejas and texas25 for the surly worst players hof. jesus what a beating. 

You are the most incompetent fucker on this board. You just shout the obvious and act like you are a genius, the guy who yells fire and then runs away and doesn't put it out. We know both QBs are average, you don't need to scream it from the roof tops every damn week. They are all we got, Vince ain't walking out of the tunnel anytime soon. Suck it up.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

swoopes was a tight end playing qb, and for the most part, sucked at it.  

sam is a fullback playing qb, and for the most part, is only mediocre at it when he's on, and is dog shit when he's off. 

this defense is good, but it's not good enough to hold ou to fewer than 20.  ehlinger is going to have to start looking like he knows what the fuck he's doing if we are going to beat ou or win anything substantial in the next few years.  the kids got grit but grit can take you so far.  at some point, we're going to need a real qb to win big games.

Blake Bell