Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I've got bad news for you.  You might want to sit down for this.  

We've had QBs must worse than Colt for 90+% of of history of Texas football.  So has every other team.  

yeah that's why the post with the highest amount of posrep tonight came from me. jackass. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

sam is not better than colt was a freshman.

just because colt had a bad sophomore year and then blew up his jr. year does not mean that sam is going to blow up next year.

however, it is pretty likely that sam will be better as a junior than he is as a sophomore.  

see how easy this is?

Yes... we just commented the same thing. Thank you and Go Spurs but I'm a Harden fan. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes... we just commented the same thing. Thank you and Go Spurs but I'm a Harden fan. 

if you acknowledge that sophomore sam ehlinger is inferior to freshman colt mccoy then where do you come up with the idea that the two are comparable considering that colt's sophomore year was an aberration while sam is markedly better now than he was as a freshman? the two do not have analogous career trajectories. not even a little bit. 

Edited by Goo Punch

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

sam is not better than colt was a freshman.

just because colt had a bad sophomore year and then blew up his jr. year does not mean that sam is going to blow up next year.

however, it is pretty likely that sam will be better as a junior than he is as a sophomore.  

see how easy this is?

Actually, dude, Sam has the opportunity to have a better sophomore campaign than colt’s 2007 season. 

After that, I don’t fucking know, but what I do know is that we have a good thing going here. 

It’s been a long ass time since we have been in a position like this and let’s not fuck it up. 

Edited by Blanton

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

fan boys ruin everything on this site. you can take the posters away from hornfans, but you can't take the inability to handle even a modicum of honest criticism out of the poster. y'all are a beating. 

The fact that you're now stealing my written voice and vocab tells me that I'm smarter than you so probably not going to bother responding to anything past this point. 

Why don't you pour a stiff drink, enjoy the fact that we won for the first time in 16 years in Manhattan, and leave me alone. 

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

????

If we beat OU we will be at minimum #8 in the country. If we run the table past that point until the B12 CG, our starting quarterback will definitely have his hat thrown in the ring. 

Heisman is honestly a lot about team success. Play QB on a really good team and you will be considered. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

21 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

freshman colt >>>>>> present day ehlinger, or do you deny this?

With all due respect, you have been bashing Sam since before he ever took a snap here. Your stance is jaded and shitty and you deep down are trying to find ways to still be right 3 years ago when you said he wouldnt do shit here. Sam has a little Tebow quality to him. Tebow had below average accuracy, was strong and quick, good leader, etc. the guy didn’t always win pretty, but he just won. We won’t blow anyone out this year, but we sure as shit are having the best season we have had around here in a decade. What the fuck is wrong with you?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

ill bet you $1000 that sam ehlinger is never a heisman finalist, something colt did twice. 

I'll bet you $2000!

Sorry, I wasn't following this thread, just thought your statement was dumb as fuck. Colt had a terrible sophomore year. Carry on.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Let's wait until after the OU game to say this. 

You dont consider knocking off two ranked opponents in USC and TCU plus KState on the road the strongest start in a decade? I get it is OU week, but fuck man, appreciate where we are for at least a minute. Tell me when in the last 10 years we had a better resume heading into this game? I’ll hang up and listen.. unless people keep saying dumb shit.

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

With all due respect, you have been bashing Sam since before he ever took a snap here. Your stance is jaded and shitty and you deep down are trying to find ways to still be right 3 years ago when you said he wouldnt do shit here. Sam has a little Tebow quality to him. Tebow had below average accuracy, was strong and quick, good leader, etc. the guy didn’t always win pretty, but he just won. We won’t blow anyone out this year, but we sure as shit are having the best season we have had around here in a decade. What the fuck is wrong with you?

hi, have you not seen the plethora of other posters who are saying the exact same things as me? do you even deny that ehlinger has been average at best this season? kind of refutes your entire premise that i'm simply trashing ehlinger die to my own preconceived notions. or have we all just been imagining that ehlinger has been totally inconsistent and often wildly inaccurate? 

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

You dont consider knocking off two ranked opponents in USC and TCU plus KState on the road the strongest start in a decade? I get it is OU week, but fuck man, appreciate where we are for at least a minute. Tell me when in the last 10 years we had a better resume heading into this game? I’ll hang up and listen.. unless people keep saying dumb shit.

Uh, you're not going to like how this ends.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I think this is the best team since 2012, for sure (not that the bar is incredibly high). The progress is undeniable, but USC is lesser than the sum of their parts and this looks to be one of the worst K-State teams since the end of the first Snyder era (or maybe the Ron Prince years). The TCU win is a true feather in the team's cap, but again, they're a step down from what they were last year. Beating OU would be a truly great win, and if we do that I'll start dreaming big. Until then we are a decent 8-9 win team, and I think Sam is good enough to get us there but not more.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think this is the best team since 2012, for sure (not that the bar is incredibly high). The progress is undeniable, but USC is lesser than the sum of their parts and this looks to be one of the worst K-State teams since the end of the first Snyder era (or maybe the Ron Prince years). The TCU win is a true feather in the team's cap, but again, they're a step down from what they were last year. Beating OU would be a truly great win, and if we do that I'll start dreaming big. Until then we are a decent 8-9 win team, and I think Sam is good enough to get us there but not more.

USC is handling Zona on the road comfortably right now. USC is young. they will get better as the year goes on. The Pac 12 sucks fat donkey dick. SC could be an 8 or 9 win team. 

K-State actually isn't that terrible. Look at their scorelines and who they've played. I think they finish at worst 5-7. 

We won 7 games last year. We're 4-1. We will win more than 8 games this season or I will accept a perm IP ban. @immamac hold me to it. 

Next year if Sam starts I think our floor is 10 wins. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Blanton said:

No he’s not. I think this season will demonstrate we’d rather have him under center than any other big 12 QB on most days other than Grier.

Therefore, he’s not a mediocre quarterback

At this exact moment, he’s a very very solid bus driver who’s improving game to go game. His college trajectory and his high school trajectory are damn near identical 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm there. 

Excellent. First round on you?

Actually, we can just get @Blanton to pay for most of our drinks. He’s soft. I don’t know where he learned his trade. Idk who told him he could work with men. So let’s exploit his weakness

Edited by Fletch

So, we can’t count Sams stats from last year because of how bad the line was but we count Shane’s behind the same line? That doesn’t make much sense.

He’s doing a pretty good job of standing in the pocket with some pressure. He seems to have a lot more presence at the LOS.

He’s still needs work. Maybe he improves his accuracy to the point the wr aren’t having to make those circus catches every fucking time they are open. Maybe he starts throwing in front of guys and not making them stop or turn around to catch it.

I just hope he learns to slide. He took a hell of a shot to the head that might should have been targeting.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

giphy.webp