Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

9 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

No the point is without a semi accurate QB to throw the ball down the field, we won’t beat good teams and have the receivers to do that but no one to get it to them

Dude, we just need to try and play in the conference championship game.

No way in fucking hell are we competing with the likes of Bama, tOSU, Georgia, Clemon, etc.

Edited by Blanton
Not plural

Just now, Texas25 said:

You are the most incompetent fucker on this board. You just shout the obvious and act like you are a genius, the guy who yells fire and then runs away and doesn't put it out. We know both QBs are average, you don't need to scream it from the roof tops every damn week. They are all we got, Vince ain't walking out of the tunnel anytime soon. Suck it up.

so first i kept saying that shane was tom brady (total horse shit as i'm in record here as saying that both are mediocre), yet now you're chastising me for "screaming from the rooftops every week" that both shane and sam are mediocre (also something totally made up by you)? like i said, you're an idiot. 

Just now, Blanton said:

Dude, we just need to try and play in the conference championship game.

No way in fucking hell are we competing with the likes of Bama, tOSU, Georgia, Clemons, etc.

Thank you. We are where we were in 2007. Getting primed for another title run - but not there yet. 11-3 would be a great record for this team. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

There is no QB on this roster who would be 5-0 right now. 

That's my hill and I'm dying on it and you neg repping insecure fucks that can't learn to enjoy progress and our first 4 game winning streak in 4 years can suck a dick and move to Oklahoma. 

I don't think anyone is debating that.  Doesn't mean we don't expect/want more from a Top 5 football school.  

If you want to talk recruiting of QB's, that is a different conversation.

4 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

We need better players pretty much everywhere. QB is most definitely one of those positions.

lol no we don't. we are 4-1 with a pretty damn good defense and a great wr corp. if we had a major applewhite, james brown, or chris simms we'd be undefeated and ready to seriously challenge for the conference. as it stands we still have a totally mediocre offense and a qb who regularly misses wide open receivers by huge margins. we need an upgrade at qb a helluva lot more than planets other areas. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

You are the most incompetent fucker on this board. You just shout the obvious and act like you are a genius, the guy who yells fire and then runs away and doesn't put it out. We know both QBs are average, you don't need to scream it from the roof tops every damn week. They are all we got, Vince ain't walking out of the tunnel anytime soon. Suck it up.

He also loves being a pussy and neg repping people for no reason because he thinks I give a fuck about my fake internet points

1 minute ago, Stringer said:

I don't think anyone is debating that.  Doesn't mean we don't expect/want more from a Top 5 football school.  

If you want to talk recruiting of QB's, that is a different conversation.

Sorry - what school are you talking about? When is the last time we were a top 5 program. It's been almost a decade. 

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

two things:

1)he missed a whole bunch of open guys when he was under zero pressure. to blame those throws on the o line is horse shit.

2)the "omg we won stop bitching" crowd and all the jokers who keep pos repping them can go find the game thread now please and thank you. this is a thread specifically dedicated to discussing sam ehlinger and his performance. this isn't a game thread, and it isn't hornfans. if ehlinger doesn't play particularly well then it's going to get talked about in here. telling everyone to shut up because we won is just mucking up the thread with sunshine fanboy crap. and the way you guys all incessantly rep and quote each other just derails the thread. cut it out.

Derka shut the fuck up  

two things:

1)he missed a whole bunch of open guys when he was under zero pressure. to blame those throws on the o line is horse shit.
2)the "omg we won stop bitching" crowd and all the jokers who keep pos repping them can go find the game thread now please and thank you. this is a thread specifically dedicated to discussing sam ehlinger and his performance. this isn't a game thread, and it isn't hornfans. if ehlinger doesn't play particularly well then it's going to get talked about in here. telling everyone to shut up because we won is just mucking up the thread with sunshine fanboy crap. and the way you guys all incessantly rep and quote each other just derails the thread. cut it out.

STFU Derka and go back to the basketball thread and talk about how about much you miss Rick Barnes.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

so first i kept saying that shane was tom brady (total horse shit as i'm in record here as saying that both are mediocre), yet now you're chastising me for "screaming from the rooftops every week" that both shane and sam are mediocre (also something totally made up by you)? like i said, you're an idiot. 

Here is you calling both average

"nah. there's all sort of back and forth in here about sam and shane, but if in the end we can all agree that either one is at best a middle-of-the-pack QB who is waaaaay behind the best in the league, then does it matter? We've chosen Sam, warts and all, and that's that. He's not going anywhere in favor of Shane Buechele any time soon. He's totally mediocre and he shouldn't inspire a ton of confidence in anyone, but he's the guy. I'd rather spend time hoping that we put him in a position to succeed than worrying about the totally mediocre QB behind him who hasn't been able to beat out Ehlinger for two straight years."

Here is you talking about how Shane Buechele "fell out of favor", no he played average which allowed Sam to even have a chance to get the job.

"what a lame-ass cop out. my prediction encompassed a helluva lot more than simply "he's going to transfer out", my orediction was that he wasn't good enough to play QB for any title contending college and I couldn't have been more correct about that. There's a million different things that have nothing to do with Ehlinger (including/especially the fact that the entire coaching staff and program have been overhauled since then, and incumbent starter Shane Buechele has fallen out of favor because of this), which have led to Sam becoming our starter, and yet here we are and he's still not good enough to start for any top flight team. this katherina attempt to act like my predictions for ehlinger somehow weren't correct simply because he didn't end up transferring out by now is sad and transparent. when you're wrong you're wrong, and the westlake fanboys were all way wrong on this one. "

You did not hype up Shane Buechele, I got you mixed up with another poster on that but

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

player A vs player B.  both players suck.  guess who is who.

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT RAW QBR ADJ QBR
2018 79 131 978 60.3 7.47 47 8 2 7 140.1 63.1 64.7

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT RAW QBR ADJ QBR
2018 72 122 1020 59.0 8.36 69 7 2 13 144.9 67.8 74.8

I already posted Sam's stats 2 pages ago you rockhead. Not sure why you're using his #s through 4 games when I just gave you his numbers through 5.

shane played behind absolute dogshit olines.  we've seen what sam's issues are which is he's slow as fuck to read defenses, is slow with his timing, and is kellen mond bad in accuracy.   sam causes us at least one or two tds a game in missing wide fucking open receivers.  WIDE FUCKING  OPEN.

Shane is not a good QB, would you people who want him to start just fucking staup. He doesn’t pick up any of the first downs Sam does with his legs. Sam isn’t a great QB but he is serviceable and gives us a better chance to win than Shane. Shane would get sacked about 8 times a game
  • Like 1

Just now, ztejas said:

I already posted Sam's stats 2 pages ago you rockhead. Not sure why you're using his #s through 4 games when I just gave you his numbers through 5.

did you guess that the other shitty player's stats is kellen mond.  everyone on this board unanimously agrees that mond is dogshit as a qb.  but yet he has better stats than sam.

let that sink in.

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

did you guess that the other shitty player's stats is kellen mond.  everyone on this board unanimously agrees that mond is dogshit as a qb.  but yet he has better stats than sam.

let that sink in.

Yeah bro aggy's QB is so sick. You should go drive down to try not to kill yourself station and get in line for the new crop of wooly mammals that need to be indoctrinated

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

let that sink in.

If stats are the primary deciding factor when determining an elite quarterback, then I’m sure Phillip Rivers eclipses Tom Brady in your all time rankings 

Ash would have gotten our offense more than 10 points against that horrible KSU team 

Well so far we have played all shitty teams in your opinion, please let us know when we play a good one and can celebrate a victory. If we beat OU then you will be telling us how OU is overrated and actually shitty

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

let that sink in.

Mond is ass but he's had a couple good games against shitty teams. Nobody argues otherwise.

30 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Ash - 385-612, 62.9%, 4728 yards, 31 TD, 18 INT, 138.6 Rating
McCoy - 329-550, 59.8%, 3689 yards, 24 TD, 20 INT, 123.3 Rating
Swoopes - 281-499, 56.3%, 3038 yards, 17 TD, 13 INT, 113.5 Rating
Buechele - 373-604, 61.8%, 4363 yards, 28 TD, 15 INT, 132.8 Rating
Ehlinger - 237-406, 58.4%, 2893 yards, 19 TD, 9 INT, 129.2 Rating (not including today's game)

Ash, Buechele, and Ehlinger all look pretty interchangeable to me. No one is demonstrably better than the other.

Buechelle - lost to Kansas

• Like 2