Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

Just now, Goo Punch said:

funniest part of this thread- Texas25 telling me i'm the guy who "starts the fire and then doesn't stick around to help put it out". yeah that's me, always walking away from the argument. 

Nah. funniest part is people defending a Texas QB who lost to Kansas while we are currently looking at the first 4 game streak since 2013 and likely the best Texas team since 2009.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Kilgorehorn said:
The most popular QB at Texas has always been the one on the bench.

Nordgren should starts? Can't even remember most of the jags behind Colt..

Snead. Jeavan Snead.

You know, just the guy who beat Flordia’s 2008 unstoppable team full of murderers and rapists

Just now, VaHorn said:

How many times did Colt McCoy beat KSU at home?  How about Vince Young?  No wins?  People seem upset because the score was close. Name any Texas QB that has beaten KSU at home by more points since the Big 12 was created?  There are none?  Whoops, never mind. 

This win means a hell of a lot more than any stat line can provide. 

Haven’t been this fired up since we beat K-State at home in 2013.

This shit is personal from a fan’s perspective and let’s take care of some fucking business in Dallas.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blanton said:

Snead. Jeavan Snead.

You know, just the guy who beat Flordia’s 2008 unstoppable team full of murderers and rapists

Hey man, these people are idiots. They don't remember how shitty Colt was his sophomore season and all of the backlash that he faced. Did we bench Colt? No, we believed in him and we trusted in our starting quarterback because that's what decent fans do. Then, we were arguably the best team in the country the next 2 seasons (probably inarguably in 09 with a healthy Colt). 

I'm proud right now. I'm proud of our coach, I'm proud of our staff, I'm proud of our AD, I'm proud of the fans that show up to games, but, above all else, I'm proud of every single fucking 18 and 19 year old on this football team that works their ass off every week and wears the burnt orange with respect and integrity. 

If we start Shane against OU I hope he torches their fucking ass for 400 yards and 5 TDs because what I care about is this team winning. I don't give a shit who's under center if we win. Your job as a quarterback on every play more so than any player on the field is to win the game. 

Tell me when we don't beat 2 ranked teams in a row and then break a curse that has haunted this program for over a decade. 

Peace out and Hook Em and OU Sucks

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Watching Trace McSorely hitting wide open  WRs in stride is depressing. Imagine if we had someone like him throwing to CJ and Duvernay

You mean the guy everyone wanted as a S, except Vanderbilt. Who also completed 57% of his passes through his 1st 2 seasons at Penn State. Imagine if Franklin moved him to S because he struggled at QB while developing.

25 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Sam is the best QB we have - so what are we arguing?

i mean, this right here is the long and the short of it.  sam did not have a good game today, but he's still the best we've got at the moment.  the few of you who think shane buchele is a better option should really just stop posting.  

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Hey man, these people are idiots. They don't remember how shitty Colt was his sophomore season and all of the backlash that he faced. Did we bench Colt? No, we believed in him and we trusted in our starting quarterback because that's what decent fans do. Then, we were arguably the best team in the country the next 2 seasons (probably inarguably in 09 with a healthy Colt). 

I'm proud right now. I'm proud of our coach, I'm proud of our staff, I'm proud of our AD, I'm proud of the fans that show up to games, but, above all else, I'm proud of every single fucking 18 and 19 year old on this football team that works their ass off every week and wears the burnt orange with respect and integrity. 

If we start Shane against OU I hope he torches their fucking ass for 400 yards and 5 TDs because what I care about is this team winning. I don't give a shit who's under center if we win. Your job as a quarterback on every play more so than any player on the field is to win the game. 

Tell me when we don't beat 2 ranked teams in a row and then break a curse that has haunted this program for over a decade. 

Amen. 

Good night and good luck

the precedent has been set- if we play ou and sam goes 38/40, 450 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT, 115 rushing yards but we lose then we all get to come in here and bash that motherfucker, because that's what this thread is clearly all about- judging the qb's performance exclusively based on whether the team won or lost. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

colt as a freshman was light years ahead of sam now, and his sophomore year was an aberration. insinuating that colt having a bad sophomore year means that sam could become great is what i would normally call "disingenuous", but seeing as you actually believe you have a point it's just plain idiocy.

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

the precedent has been set- if we play ou and sam goes 38/40, 450 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT, 115 rushing yards but we lose then we all get to come in here and bash that motherfucker, because that's what this thread is clearly all about- judging the qb's performance exclusively based on whether the team won or lost. 

Well I mean if you want to base blame of a team sport on an individual, then today's close win should be most blamed on Kris Boyd and his 2 DPI's and 1 holding that allowed KSU to score both of their TDs.

Edited by HtownHorn

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

No. If Sam has that stat line and we lose then Todd Orlando needs to resign. You tried to find a hill to die on and instead found a swampy lowland that smells like aggy. 

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

seriously, anyone who uses the "colt wasn't that great as a sophomore!" argument is either completely disingenuous or completely stupid. 

It's not an argument it's a fact you buffoon. I was at the A&M game in 07. Don't tell me I'm ingenious and stupid when I watched that entire fucking season. There were HUGE amounts of people questioning his ability to win us big games. 

Just now, ztejas said:

It's not an argument it's a fact you buffoon. I was at the A&M game in 07. Don't tell me I'm ingenious and stupid when I watched that entire fucking season. There were HUGE amounts of people questioning his ability to win us big games. 

freshman colt >>>>>> present day ehlinger, or do you deny this?

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Sam is mediocre. He is strong and can run over people. He has a decent arm. He has below average accuracy. He has above average speed. He is slow to make reads.

No he’s not. I think this season will demonstrate we’d rather have him under center than any other big 12 QB on most days other than Grier.

Therefore, he’s not a mediocre quarterback

3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i mean, this right here is the long and the short of it.  sam did not have a good game today, but he's still the best we've got at the moment.  the few of you who think shane buchele is a better option should really just stop posting.  

I don't even think they think Shane should be starting.  They're just being pissy eyed cunts.

What's the fucking point in telling everyone how terrible Sam is?  To reset expectations because everything thinks he's going to win the Heisman en route to us winning a national championship this year?  Because NO ONE thinks those things.  I've not even seen serious discussion about contending for the conference championship.  So what's the fucking point?  

Does anyone disagree that he's better than last year?  No!  Does anyone disagree that RIGHT NOW, we stand a better chance of winning with Sam than with the alternatives?  No!  So what's the fucking point?

He's somewhere between average/mediocre and pretty good.  I think 95% of us could agree he's in that range.  

We lost the 1st game and ran off 4 wins, some more impressive than others.  It's not a bad position to be in after losing the first game.  Enjoy the fact that we aren't 1-4 like some of you predicted.  Or if this team isn't good enough for you to support, take up gardening and quit being hand wringing cunts on here.

• Like 4

Just now, ztejas said:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Mq0P1Dt"><a href="//imgur.com/Mq0P1Dt"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You're a fucking moron that knows absolute dick about UT football. Go to bed. 

you also did not answer the question. 

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Sam's not as good as one of the two best QB's to play at UT and one of the best to play college football in recent years?  That's what someone is bitching about?

no, ztejas is incessantly insinuating that because colt mccoy had a bad sophomore year that sam could see a similar ascension in his next two years, never mind that colt was better as a freshman than sam is now and that his sophomore year was an anomaly. 

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

you also did not answer the question. 

No, y'all are just borderline retarded and don't understand football past a 3rd grade level.

When was the last Alabama QB that had any modicum of NFL* success? And how many titles have they had in the past decade?

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

freshman colt >>>>>> present day ehlinger, or do you deny this?

I've got bad news for you.  You might want to sit down for this.  

We've had QBs must worse than Colt for 90+% of of history of Texas football.  So has every other team.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Lhorn said:

I've got bad news for you.  You might want to sit down for this.  

We've had QBs must worse than Colt for 90+% of of history of Texas football.  So has every other team.  

what the fuck is your point? ztejas is the one who brought colt into this, stop coming at me like i'm the one comparing the two.

jesus christ, this debate is like a litmus test for reading comprehension. 

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

answer the question dipshit. is sam ehlinger a better qb today than colt was as a freshman?

That isn't the question "dipshit". The point is that Colt struggled as a sophomore and then had one of the greatest Texas QB seasons ever as a Junior and should have won the natty as a senior. He got better with time, and when he was slumping as a sophomore we stuck with him because we believed deep down that he could be the guy.