Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

3 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

They'll have to find a way to get Sam more time against OU, but they'll have him practicing long balls all week long.

Orland will have to get his D to kick it up another notch.  That OU qb is deadly accurate.

The midget is gonna get broken in the first half.

11 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

You have to remember you're talking to a group a few weeks ago that was complaining about him throwing deep too much.

Well, you have receivers that can fly and have size. In order to get the cushion you gotta stretch em. Then you can throw bubbles for 8 yds all day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Answer the question fuck head.

Would you be fine with Sooners hoping for Sam to get broken? That cool with you?

You find no issues with Bama fans that were happy Colt got hurt?

Do you prefer to beat a team due to a player injury?

Just win baby. Players get injured. Hoping for a competitive advantage doesn’t have any effect on who gets hurt. Nick Saban doesn’t have an asterisk in the record books because Colt couldn’t throw. 

Edited by Ricky Butler
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

They can cheer for whatever they want and I'll fucking call them out for being trashy pieces of shit T-shirt fans just like you.

And I noticed neither of you stated that you were okay with Bama fans cheering about Colt getting hurt.

I’m a UT grad from a family of UT grads whose opinion you disagree with. Please quit inserting an unnecessary t-shirt fan reference every post you make.  It has no inherent meaning. 

The last time we disagreed was when you claimed Herman left the best part of his staff in Houston. Orlando’s defense has looked better over the past few weeks, and you’ve looked worse. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

So clarify, are you good if the player you were hoping would get hurt ends up like the Tennessee State player in the hospital unresponsive, or maybe just a broken knee that fucks the opposing QBs football and baseball career.

Pulling for injury is a white trash, NFL thing to do. It's shit, and you fucking know it. Or perhaps you don't because you are an uneducated white trash piece of shit human.

oh my god, shut the fuck up.

posting, "the midget is going to get broken in the first half" is not wishing for an injury.  get smarter. 

• Like 1

two things:

1)he missed a whole bunch of open guys when he was under zero pressure. to blame those throws on the o line is horse shit.

2)the "omg we won stop bitching" crowd and all the jokers who keep pos repping them can go find the game thread now please and thank you. this is a thread specifically dedicated to discussing sam ehlinger and his performance. this isn't a game thread, and it isn't hornfans. if ehlinger doesn't play particularly well then it's going to get talked about in here. telling everyone to shut up because we won is just mucking up the thread with sunshine fanboy crap. and the way you guys all incessantly rep and quote each other just derails the thread. cut it out.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

They can cheer for whatever they want and I'll fucking call them out for being trashy pieces of shit T-shirt fans just like you.

And I noticed neither of you stated that you were okay with Bama fans cheering about Colt getting hurt.

Look it really doesn't matter the reason, I just don't want that mother fucker on the field. Slip in the shower, penile fracture, chainsaw accident, let's not quibble over details.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

They should rescind your tree fiddy badge and return your donation.

11 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

You sound like a fucking pussy. You do know what message board you are on right?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I hope you break your leg falling off your high horse

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's dumb as a fucking brick, but he's got good natural talent and a nice arm when his feet are set. Hopefully the dumbness goes away as he continues to mature - he's been less backbreaking this year post-Maryland.

i didn't see dumbness today. i saw a kid who has accuracy issues and probably always will. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

i didn't see dumbness today. i saw a kid who has accuracy issues and probably always will. 

This is true, but he also does dumb shit, like when he had pressure on the left side and then spun backwards to his left and then threw the ball away off of his back foot. A good quarterback would have stepped up into the pocket and kept his eyes downfield.

I've avoided this thread thus far, but I have thoughts on the matter..

I like Sam and am glad he's having some success this year, buuuuuut...

This team is good enough to win the Big12 and possibly more If we have a good QB...not Vince or Colt, just a good QB. Maybe we can still do it with Sam, but repeatedly missing wide open receivers or causing them to attempt low percentage circus catches because they're off target isn't sustainable week to week.

I really hope I'm wrong and Sam is that QB good enough for us to do some real damage to the middle and latter part of the schedule, but I do know we can't keep relying on special teams or defensive TD's every single game.

/rant.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Why don't you send a message to the Bobs and request that course of action.

Sick 4 posts in a row you annoying fuck. I told you to shut the fuck up 50 posts ago because everything you post is off topic. Read the title of the thread or go find a stump to argue to.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

two things:

1)he missed a whole bunch of open guys when he was under zero pressure. to blame those throws on the o line is horse shit.

2)the "omg we won stop bitching" crowd and all the jokers who keep pos repping them can go find the game thread now please and thank you. this is a thread specifically dedicated to discussing sam ehlinger and his performance. this isn't a game thread, and it isn't hornfans. if ehlinger doesn't play particularly well then it's going to get talked about in here. telling everyone to shut up because we won is just mucking up the thread with sunshine fanboy crap. and the way you guys all incessantly rep and quote each other just derails the thread. cut it out.

I get this but quarterbacks are judged on the games they win. Sam is 4-1 on the year right now and hasn't turned the ball over in forever. The fact that we won is definitely a discussion point - especially because Sam last year wouldn't have won this game.

Now, anyone who says "stop bitching" is being an asshat. We can definitely critique the kids game. The 3rd down throw he missed on our 2nd to last drive was fucking awful.

I agree the OLine shouldn't be blamed for those throws, but there were also a fair number of plays where the pocket collapsed quickly and Sam handled those situations well.

It's easier to improve as a passer than learn how to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I get this but quarterbacks are judged on the games they win. Sam is 4-1 on the year right now and hasn't turned the ball over in forever. The fact that we won is definitely a discussion point - especially because Sam last year wouldn't have won this game.

Now, anyone who says "stop bitching" is being an asshat. We can definitely critique the kids game. The 3rd down throw he missed on our 2nd to last drive was fucking awful.

I agree the OLine shouldn't be blamed for those throws, but there were also a fair number of plays where the pocket collapsed quickly and Sam handled those situations well.

It's easier to improve as a passer than learn how to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

This right here is a level headed response 

swoopes was a tight end playing qb, and for the most part, sucked at it.  

sam is a fullback playing qb, and for the most part, is only mediocre at it when he's on, and is dog shit when he's off. 

this defense is good, but it's not good enough to hold ou to fewer than 20.  ehlinger is going to have to start looking like he knows what the fuck he's doing if we are going to beat ou or win anything substantial in the next few years.  the kids got grit but grit can take you so far.  at some point, we're going to need a real qb to win big games.

Just now, crash_davis said:

swoopes was a tight end playing qb, and for the most part, sucked at it.  

sam is a fullback playing qb, and for the most part, is only mediocre at it when he's on, and is dog shit when he's off. 

this defense is good, but it's not good enough to hold ou to fewer than 20.  ehlinger is going to have to start looking like he knows what the fuck he's doing if we are going to beat ou or win anything substantial in the next few years.  the kids got grit but grit can take you so far.  at some point, we're going to need a real qb to win big games.

OU's D is highly suspect. If we get 7 yards a carry against their piss poor front Sam won't even have to do all that much. 

We are also by far the best D OU will play and has played all year. 

39 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

two things:

Sweet, and what I get annoyed of is people like you trying to tell me Shane Buechele is fucking Tom Brady while Sam Ehlinger is Tyrone Swoopes when these are their numbers

Shane Buechele: 373/604 (61.8%), 4363 yards (207.7 yards per game), 7.2 Y/A, 28 TDs and 15 INTs    (21 games)

Sam Ehlinger: 266/442 (60.2%), 3100 yards (221.4 yards per game), 7.0 Y/A, 19 TDs and 9 INTs        (14 games)

NO FUCKING DIFFERENCE AT ALL. They have nearly identical production in terms of their averages relating to games played. Shit gets annoying every game with the "We would have scored 60 points today if Shane would have played" crowd. Both can be annoying. They are both average college QBs neither of which will ever lead us to where Vince or Colt did but for the love of god can we quit the knobbing of Shane Buechele.

Sam is 6-5 as a starter if you don't include the West Virginia and Missouri games last year that he played the vast majority of and won.

Shane is 10-9 as a starter if you include the West Virginia and Missouri games that he hardly played in.

Edited by Texas25
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

shane played behind absolute dogshit olines.  we've seen what sam's issues are which is he's slow as fuck to read defenses, is slow with his timing, and is kellen mond bad in accuracy.   sam causes us at least one or two tds a game in missing wide fucking open receivers.  WIDE FUCKING  OPEN.

Yeah our OLine was a real paragon of greatness today.

Give me a fucking break. Sam is better at playing with an (at times) shitty line. Buechele needs to have a good line to be good. Our line goes inbetween pretty damn good to below average. I don't want Shane in the pocket if that's the case.

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

shane played behind absolute dogshit olines.  we've seen what sam's issues are which is he's slow as fuck to read defenses, is slow with his timing, and is kellen mond bad in accuracy.   sam causes us at least one or two tds a game in missing wide fucking open receivers.  WIDE FUCKING  OPEN.

No, Shane squeezes the ball and takes a ton of sacks because he doesn't have any pocket presence. The SAME FUCKING o line played with Sam behind them and he turned pressure into runs instead of sacks.

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

What about that 3rd down pass in the 4th quarter that sailed out of bounds like 20 yards away from a wide open Collin Johnson? It was such a shitty throw that they thought the WR ran the wrong route 

Agreed. Especially if you read what I said a few posts ahead ;)

The 3rd down throw he missed on our 2nd to last drive was fucking awful.

8 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

Sweet, and what I get annoyed of is people like you trying to tell me Shane Buechele is fucking Tom Brady while Sam Ehlinger is Tyrone Swoopes when these are their numbers

Shane Buechele: 373/604 (61.8%), 4363 yards (207.7 yards per game), 7.2 Y/A, 28 TDs and 15 INTs    (21 games)

Sam Ehlinger: 266/442 (60.2%), 3100 yards (221.4 yards per game), 7.0 Y/A, 19 TDs and 9 INTs        (14 games)

NO FUCKING DIFFERENCE AT ALL. They have nearly identical production in terms of their averages relating to games played. Shit gets annoying every game with the "We would have scored 60 points today if Shane would have played" crowd. Both can be annoying. They are both average college QBs neither of which will ever lead us to where Vince or Colt did but for the love of god can we quit the knobbing of Shane Buechele.

Sam is 6-5 as a starter if you don't include the West Virginia and Missouri games last year that he played the vast majority of and won.

Shane is 10-9 as a starter if you include the West Virginia and Missouri games that he hardly played in.

I didn't say anything about Shane, but great post. as a matter of fact i'm on record in this thread as saying that both are obviously mediocre, but again, dynamite rant, as completely misguided and confusing as it is.

Edited by Goo Punch

1 minute ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Does anyone else think we’ll see one of the younger QB’s at some point and keep them under the 4 game qualifying line?

I think we will see both Rising and Thompson before Shane in mop-up duty. We just have to get to a point where we have big enough leads to justify it.