9.3.18 Coach Herman press conference (Noon)

bigup2dahorns

"This one game will not define us"

I disagree completely, this game should perfectly encompass the season. Start off like shit, look decent in the middle, close it out stepping on our own dick and go into the off-season the same way we just went into this season. This program has mentally worn me down. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Asked if it is time to bring in Shane to start?

A: No, don’t think it’s time for that. Nobody played perfect but we aren’t gonna demote Sam on the depth chart.

Right...so when Simple Jack cost us the game against USC. Or plays so badly we get blown out...We turn to Shane to try and save the season? If I was Shane I'd tell Herman to fuck off. But Boo is too nice for that 

1 minute ago, Bevo Num1 said:
2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:
coach, how many games do you need to lose with sam before you recognize that he's killing your career here

How many books did Steinbeck write?

If you're going to quote Steinbeck, then how about East of Eden and "timshel".  "Thou mayest" call the plays, thou mayest start shane who is 5-2 since you've been head coach, thou mayest play Ingram in the second half.  Free will coach to make better decisions.

Herman:

"Sam can't be indecisive in the 4th quarter.  It's like Shakespeare's play, Hamlet.  I think his first quarter was eerily similar to when Hamlet saw his father's ghost and froze.  Very similar to Sam's decision making.  And we can't dwell on it and go all Hamlet act 3, you know?"

At the very least we'll get a shitty synopsis of some work of literature every week

Edited by Tracer Bullet
  • Like 6

Just now, bigup2dahorns said:

And now the Ingram question

A: we will continue to see his role progress as the season goes along. Herman made the call to go with Porter in the second half. Said we need experience at that point in the game on the road coming off the rain delay

No you stupid fuck....that's not how any of this shit works.

• Like 1