9.3.18 Coach Herman press conference (Noon)

bigup2dahorns

Noon on LHN, local Austin radio and streaming here:

https://texassports.com/showcase/embed.aspx?Live=338

Preview?

PITCHFORKS AND PIZZA:

Who called the plays on offense?

Who ordered the pizza? Was it NY or Chicago style or Dominos or just fake news?

Personnel discussion: QB and RB, the 5 million dollar decisions

Battle royale between the press and Herman? 

Is the season shot? Anyone know how to delete the internets?

and now for a few pics:

Big-tex-on-Fire-101912.jpg

rbb-TX-MD-3955.jpg&f=1

duvernay_devin_maryland_p1803.jpg

MAM-TX-MD.jpg

1100x619

Texas upset at Maryland 34-29 to begin the season at 0-1. Next up:

Pom_H_18_.jpg?width=1416&height=797&mode

• Like 2

Still pissed on Monday. We've seen enough to know Tom isn't the future.  The next two seasons are going to be fucking painful as we are forced to listen to this cocksucker lie to us in his condescending manner while blaming losses on everything but his inability to fucking coach.  this will be a test of CDC's capital raising ability, can he raise the funds to get rid of this fraud after this year and not put us through another year.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Pom_H_18_.jpg?width=1416&height=797&mode

Face down, face down, face down, face down

face down, face down, face down, face up, face up, face down, face up

Edited by alphahorn
  • Like 2

When you said during the pre-game interview that carries between Watson, Young, and Ingram would be determined by who “had the hot hand”,
were you thinking about the pic that Porter has of Beck giving you a hand job?

Why did you move away from tempo when Maryland clearly had no answer for it?

Who’s responsibility is it to make sure that the players are properly suited up before the game?

4 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

“How can a message board know that Tim Beck (and Shawn Watson) we’re going to suck long before they ever coached a live snap, but you can’t see it?”

Because Mensa.  

"Tim Beck was extremely successful when he was a play caller at Nebraska ... so chalk that one up to a lot of misinformation on social media. I will never buy any of that because we're privy to a lot more information than what 'Joe Fan' is."

--Tom Herman, 1-5-17, on the negative fan reaction to Beck's hiring

7 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Because Mensa.  

"Tim Beck was extremely successful when he was a play caller at Nebraska ... so chalk that one up to a lot of misinformation on social media. I will never buy any of that because we're privy to a lot more information than what 'Joe Fan' is."

--Tom Herman, 1-5-17, on the negative fan reaction to Beck's hiring

Arrogance...yes social media can be full of misinformation to an extent but unlike the 1960s or heck even the 1990s fans can, if they want, watch the results of every coaching opportunity at the college level with their eyes. And then there is thing that gets compiled and is easily available on the intergoogles called stats.

Why coaches don't seem to understand that is not misinformation that is just people using results baffles me.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

"Coach Herman?  Billy Buckeye with the Columbus Dispatch.  I have information indicating that Coaches X, Y, and Z, all coaches of players that you were recruiting for Ohio State, were with you and Zack Smith at that strip club, and that money changed hands there in an effort to get these coaches to influence their players to commit to Ohio State.  Is this true?"

Edited by Scheiss Meister

53 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I'm not even going to try to assign an order.  They're all pretty equal.  I'm sure they're all beautiful and sweet in person, though.

The only talent in that state migrates to Stillwater for school.  The rest.... well, it's hard to cast stones when our cheer now look like bowling balls.

I hope Thermensa is ready and prepped, and i hope the press brings it.  Not counting on any accountability or humility, but it would take the edge off the day.

I would love for questions like

Can you enumerate the 2-3 reasons why you are still the best person for this job in the face of what just happened on Saturday?

Instead it will be a few somewhat direct game related tactical questions that might induce a little squirm but are easy enough to arrogant your way out of with things like "which formation are we talking there, what was the defense in?" bullshit. And the usual assortment of softballs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

"Coach, before the end of half you clearly started calling the plays and the offense scored two unanswered touchdowns. After that, ingram never sees the field again, no up tempo was run, and Sam was allowed yet another game determining interception. So my question is, what the fuck?"

Yup, we're done here.  Someone, please have the stones.

33 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Back row far right is I’m pretty sure too about this a transgender. 

He/She isn't the only one.  Top row, 2nd to the right is close & bottom row, 6th to the right also.  I can't remember the last time I've seen so many trans on a cheer squad.

1 hour ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

First question coach. Why is every player but Ehlinger punished for turning the ball over? 

Second question. Why were you and the players not livid and pissed at this loss? 

hell i think they spent the whole off season training Sam not to make mistakes that it sucked out all of his playmaking ability. now he is just out there playing scared and throwing the ball where nobody can catch it. that is, until he is forced to at the end of the game because we haven't scored all game and now we have to.

I’m sick and tired of this “aww schucks” mentality by players and coaches involved with this program. Herman opening up with “well that was weird” just like last season. No coach it’s not weird, It’s the same exact bullshit. Costly penalties, silly playcalling, not sticking to what’s working (Ingram), Ehlinger throwing games away, busted coverages. None of this is weird. I’m sorry but I’m just over this program right now. 

Edited by A’Dam Psycho

I seriously just can’t get over this.

ed orgeron fired Matt Canada at LSU for not having a LSU season which was still better than Herman who keeps and defends beck then turns around and loses to Matt Canada!

You couldn’t make this shit up if you sat down and tried too.

That knuckle dragger oregeron made a move because he wants to stay the LSU coach and win games and saw this wasn’t gonna work out.

mensa got out mensa’d by ed orgeron! Lol. Unbelievable.