Hey Oil Barons.......

936horn

31 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Where are you seeing that? Oil dropping sharply today because KSA slashed prices on crude for February delivery, but I haven't seen anything regarding production cuts.

General rumor and innuendo 

Whatever happened with the much ballyhooed Cline shale play on the far eastern end of the Permian? Wasn't there supposed to be 20-30 barrels in it or was it just a big bust?
It's still a thing and there are some full developments of it besides just single wells here and there. But it's so clay rich compared to the Spraberry and Wolfcamp that it's just so far down the queue of development. Also, the Barnett in the Midland Basin is now a legit bench (not everywhere, though) and operators are putting capital towards appraising that now, too. It's basically a $60 oil bench before you start thinking about it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/8/2024 at 8:53 AM, Storm the Field said:

Big rumor popped up late Friday that SWN and CHK are nearing the finish line of a big merger. 

Chesapeake Energy said on Thursday it would buy smaller rival Southwestern Energy Southwestern Energy in an all-stock transaction valued at $7.4 billion, a deal that would enable the second-largest U.S. natural gas producer to take the top spot.

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

SWA has direct flights from Midland to Vegas. I’d be on that plane every Friday. 

In all seriousness, if you own a home in Austin/Houston/Dallas, I’d just fly back every weekend. 

I already booked flights for every big home game this Fall plus a couple trips to Austin in the spring and summer. I’ll probably fly back to Houston once a month or every other month. 

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/north-dakota-oil-output-could-take-a-month-to-recover-from-freeze-state-regulator

North Dakota's oil output could take about a month to recover after a severe freeze cut production by more than half this week, state officials said on Friday.

Oil output in the third-largest oil producing state was estimated to be down 350,000 barrels per day (bpd) to 400,000 bpd, or about 30%, on Friday, according to the North Dakota Pipeline Authority. That compared with production outage of 500,000 bpd to 550,000 bpd on Thursday.

"January is going to be a very bad month for production," said Lynn Helms, director of the state's Department of Mineral Resources.

2 hours ago, Hate said:

The current administration has decided to go all out war on the US Energy sector, which is really fucking stupid. All this move does is ensure coal plants around the world stay in production longer. Maybe crazy uncle Joe or his son have some ownership stake in coal or coal plants?

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/biden-pauses-approval-new-lng-export-projects-win-climate-activists-2024-01-26/#:~:text=WASHINGTON%2C Jan 26 (Reuters),after the Nov. 5 election.

image.gif.2a9c12052c31991a4a234ea8d7d4ff29.gif

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hate said:

The current administration has decided to go all out war on the US Energy sector, which is really fucking stupid. All this move does is ensure coal plants around the world stay in production longer. Maybe crazy uncle Joe or his son have some ownership stake in coal or coal plants?

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/biden-pauses-approval-new-lng-export-projects-win-climate-activists-2024-01-26/#:~:text=WASHINGTON%2C Jan 26 (Reuters),after the Nov. 5 election.

Your statement is not supported by that article. Take it to CR instead.

5 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

image.gif.2a9c12052c31991a4a234ea8d7d4ff29.gif

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952cajnsf8lvvs86wv6l3

14 hours ago, Hate said:

Clean energy (natural gas) activists should protest this political gesture by blocking road traffic in front of all coffee shops and tattoo parlors

Army, the posts are CR bullshit.  From the article:  "Administration officials vowed that the pause would not hurt allies, as it has an exemption for national security should they need more LNG".

BTW, I've LNG and Crude holdings in various forms for 37 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

Army, the posts are CR bullshit.  From the article:  "Administration officials vowed that the pause would not hurt allies, as it has an exemption for national security should they need more LNG".

BTW, I've LNG and Crude holdings in various forms for 37 years.

Lol. The Admin that has been hostile to the industry claims it won’t hurt our allies, and you lap it up. Meanwhile, people in the industry that understand the adverse impact of his continued buffoonery are rightfully upset. 

This increases the risk of Germany and all of Europe and keeps the risk of them paying very inflated gas prices very high. This stunts jobs and domestic industry productivity. It’s also going to have the opposite effect the admin thinks it will have on the environment. And it was a move that was totally needless. 

3 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Lol. The Admin that has been hostile to the industry claims it won’t hurt our allies, and you lap it up. Meanwhile, people in the industry that understand the adverse impact of his continued buffoonery are rightfully upset. 

This increases the risk of Germany and all of Europe and keeps the risk of them paying very inflated gas prices very high. This stunts jobs and domestic industry productivity. It’s also going to have the opposite effect the admin thinks it will have on the environment. And it was a move that was totally needless. 

I'm not lapping anything up.  Your reading/reasoning skills show to be low at best.  I've been doing this through many administrations, and will keep banking what I bank.

You do you at getting crowdsourced and whining.  

24 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

I'm not lapping anything up.  Your reading/reasoning skills show to be low at best.  I've been doing this through many administrations, and will keep banking what I bank.

You do you at getting crowdsourced and whining.  

You absolutely are. You’re quoting the article and/or the Biden admin as if gospel, and it’s pathetic.  You should stick to CR where they laud this kind of shit.

I’ve never been crowd sourced. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Will someone think of the German consumers !

Animated GIF

Do you want them going back to buy from the Russians? Why do you hate Us citizens having well paying jobs?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hate said:

Do you want them going back to buy from the Russians? Why do you hate Us citizens having well paying jobs?

Bruh. This admin did it, so it’s no doubt a great, well thought out move.  That’s all you need to know. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2023 at 5:38 PM, Guest said:

Pretty much my exact feelings. I’ve got a guy trying to buy something from me and his bids are changing by the hour. I’ve stopped engaging him and am just rolling my eyes. The drop in crude is ridiculous and will be totally erased by Memorial Day.  We’ll be $100 by the summer. 

Gas is fucked for a while. 

On 5/4/2023 at 7:47 AM, Guest said:

I could be early but I won’t be wrong. The economy is clearly in recession but outside of the pandemic, oil prices have risen in every recession since ‘73. Pretty soon, the supply story will start to drown out the bad economic headlines.  And I predict we will recover to $75 fairly quickly in May and summer driving season will propel us  

And I was absolutely right for much of ‘22. 

On 7/13/2023 at 7:49 PM, Guest said:

Hildebrand is a UT and industry badass.

Dem presidents are the best for this business because of all the stupid shit they do.  Clinton was a glaring exception. Check out the SPR. Great job fuckface Granholm. 

On 7/24/2023 at 12:54 PM, Guest said:

Not convinced of a huge boost in demand right now. So I don’t know when it’ll happen, but the if is not in doubt. Woefully insufficient supply will rear its beautiful head soon. 

On 8/24/2023 at 6:54 PM, Guest said:

That’s because they know we’re heading back to $120 and the SPR release artificially keeping price down are over. 

On 9/27/2023 at 9:08 AM, Guest said:

$100 around the corner. Gas likely to remain hampered by slightly high storage levels. Really need a cold winter. Probably low in the short term and pretty damn volatile. 

Oil n guess gonna Oil n guess

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/27/2024 at 2:30 PM, SaucyJack said:

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

I mean you can laugh all you want but I asked imma to nuke my account in fall ‘21. And had plenty of rep to avoid getting crowd sourced at the time. 

On 1/27/2024 at 5:14 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Will someone think of the German consumers !

Animated GIF

Will someone think of posters’ eyes after viewing the wildebeests you post?

17 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m not sure what relevance this has. 

18 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

the pipeline the russians blew up ?

18 hours ago, Hate said:

Yeah, that one.  I had forgotten about that. 

I quit following that story but Reuters/Washington Post says is was Ukraine special forces

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/senior-ukrainian-officer-coordinated-nord-stream-attack-washington-post-2023-11-12/

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/19/2024 at 10:50 PM, Tex48 said:

Anyone got any advice for moving to Midland?

Welcome to Midland.

You may have already figured this out, but starting April 22nd Delta is going to be operating non stop flights to AUS 3x per day.  This is a very exciting development for those of us who have languished in getting to Austin in a timely fashion from Midland.

The non-stop to Vegas is clutch as well and it usually pretty rowdy on Friday afternoons.

I'm part of the Texas Exes here, so shoot me a PM if you want and I'll make sure you get included on any gettogethers for game watching etc.

• Hook 'Em 4

Almost that time of year again. A week from today, I'll be at the office, hungover from a Wednesday night client dinner and then downtown happy hour, struggling to get some work done before heading downtown again for my firm's big NAPE party. Will be hating life next Friday morning.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Almost that time of year again. A week from today, I'll be at the office, hungover from a Wednesday night client dinner and then downtown happy hour, struggling to get some work done before heading downtown again for my firm's big NAPE party. Will be hating life next Friday morning.

Fucking yuck. And same right there with you. I just got out of steam room and am cooling down. I can’t wait to feel like this the entirety of Thursday - through my button down and sport coat. 

12 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Fucking yuck. And same right there with you. I just got out of steam room and am cooling down. I can’t wait to feel like this the entirety of Thursday - through my button down and sport coat. 

wait, you took a schvitz in a button down and sport coat?  No wonder you're so miserable.  ;) 

The last one I went to in 2019 (IIRC) was just an absolute shitshow in terms of shenanigans.  I don't know how I did it, or how guys my age still do it.  Nowadays, my tolerance is to zoom a TEXOGA panel with a tea.  The only way to tolerate most of folks at NAPE is with copious amounts of alcohol.  Same, same.  

On 2/2/2024 at 8:14 AM, YGIFS said:

wait, you took a schvitz in a button down and sport coat?  No wonder you're so miserable.  ;) 

The last one I went to in 2019 (IIRC) was just an absolute shitshow in terms of shenanigans.  I don't know how I did it, or how guys my age still do it.  Nowadays, my tolerance is to zoom a TEXOGA panel with a tea.  The only way to tolerate most of folks at NAPE is with copious amounts of alcohol.  Same, same.  

Yeah I begged off NAPE duties this year. Our title attorney switched his dinner from Eddie V’s to Pappa Bros and it just hasn’t been the same. I’m always seated next to the most boring guy at the firm and of course they talk for 2 hours without pause. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, for a group of "If I wanted to hear non-stop chatter, I'd stay home with my wife" type of fellas...the NAPE crowd sure can't shut the fuck up in real life.  Not like our long-winded posting here, but like real-time incessant banter on and fucking on and fucking on.  I can't do it sober, so skipping again.  Probably have to start attending next year, but holy shit---for a group of alpha males, they really do like to hear themselves talk.  We did a Pappa Bros. dinner last time around and then also, I can't remember the joint's name...but it was a really good Italian bistro (NE of the convention center IIRC) that was fucking phenomenal.  Maybe the best Italian meal I've had outside Chicago or New York.  

Anyway, UT Energy Week registration opened up this week.  If any of you industry experts wanna attend-check it out.  The students are starved for industry connections and professional attendance has really fallen off since Covid-19 but they could use the networking expertise.  Really bright kids that need some insider direction so hit it up if you can if even for just a day.  You'll be really proud of our energy programs.  

• Hook 'Em 1