Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

On 7/27/2018 at 9:05 PM, SubliminalHorn said:

He should have just said when Texans are out cheering on their football teams. It was good, but could have resonated more

He also needs to create the contrast better, by starting out with "Unlike Ted Cruz, I was born and raised in Texas. Because of that, I understand that many Texans are cheering for their high school football teams on Friday night, just as I did in El Paso...."

My slogan for Beto:

"Texas born, Texas bred, and when I die, I'll be Texas dead."

• Like 2

I think the gerrymandering will actually start to work against republicans soon. The districts are drawn to take advantage of large suburban areas that have been red for the last 25 years. They are on the front line of change and will soon be blue if trends continue. We also haven’t seen significant democratic investment in Texas yet in terms of money and organization. Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t going to happen tomorrow. When I said a few election cycles, I’m talking 10-12 years. Maybe sooner if Dems continue to find compelling candidates.

40 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

It’s all about liberal tears, not actually liking the guy that you voted for. 

It is, but the reason why is that it's a perverse expression of their own impotence.  Their obsession with cucks, worship for a dominating authoritarian like Trump, and support for a sniveling wimp like Cruz who curls at the feet of the man who punked his wife and father — it's all related.   And the idea that libs are getting owned and dominated is just another voyeuristic fantasy. 

The funny thing is that the actual libs they're fantasizing about are doing just fine, while the Trump and Cruz voters are getting fucked every which way.  Which is part of the perverse cycle of impotence driving their whole pathology. 

There are self-respecting people voting for Cruz for purely political/ideological reasons, but they aren't happy about it, and are pretty disgusted to have that Canadian pansy representing the great state of Texas.    Anyone voting for Cruz who's actually happy about it and cheering Beto's loss is the political equivalent of the gimp from pulp fiction. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

It is, but the reason why is that it's a perverse expression of their own impotence.  Their obsession with cucks, worship for a dominating authoritarian like Trump, and support for a sniveling wimp like Cruz who curls at the feet of the man who punked his wife and father — it's all related.   And the idea that libs are getting owned and dominated is just another voyeuristic fantasy. 

The funny thing is that the actual libs they're fantasizing about are doing just fine, while the Trump and Cruz voters are getting fucked every which way.  Which is part of the perverse cycle of impotence driving their whole pathology. 

There are self-respecting people voting for Cruz for purely political/ideological reasons, but they aren't happy about it, and are pretty disgusted to have that Canadian pansy representing the great state of Texas.    Anyone voting for Cruz who's actually happy about it and cheering Beto's loss is the political equivalent of the gimp from pulp fiction. 

Cruz renounced his Canadian citizenship in 2014. Wasn't his fault where he was born to an American parent. 

http://time.com/2854513/ted-cruz-canadian-citizenship/

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

That's true. Plus he's a strong supporter of Israel, so he isn't all bad! 

yes, it's offensive to call him a Canadian and no reason why any pro Israeli Jew would vote against him. Evangelicals, white supremacists and Jews should all vote for Ted Cruz. 

2 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

yes, it's offensive to call him a Canadian and no reason why any pro Israeli Jew would vote against him. Evangelicals, white supremacists and Jews should all vote for Ted Cruz. 

And yet most Jews vote and donate against him and other staunchly pro-Israel Republicans each election.  It's almost as if they are actual individuals who consider many issues and don't vote in lockstep based on the biases you perceive.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

And yet most Jews vote and donate against him and other staunchly pro-Israel Republicans each election.  It's almost as if they are actual individuals who consider many issues and don't vote in lockstep based on the biases you perceive.   

that will change as the Democrats are slowly becoming anti Israel. There's no reason for Jews to be Democrats anymore as Israel is by far their # 1 issue. As wealthy people who don't need protection as minorities, value wealth preservation, don't need social programs, the logical choice would be with the Republicans and many are switching - which i find to be the logical step for them. 

2 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

that will change as the Democrats are slowly becoming anti Israel. There's no reason for Jews to be Democrats anymore as Israel is by far their # 1 issue. As wealthy people who don't need protection as minorities, value wealth preservation, don't need social programs, the logical choice would be with the Republicans and many are switching - which i find to be the logical step for them. 

You’re painting the Jewish population to be singularly focused on issues related to Israel.   I thought many oppose the current Israeli leadership so they don’t blindly support Israel policies.  

9 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

And yet, that's completely false, because your assumptions are false and skewed by your own biases:

2_13.png

And

"Israel was the "most important" voting issue for a mere 4% of respondents in the Public Religion Research Institute's 2012 Jewish Values survey. Israel was one of two top "voting issue priorities" for just 10% in a J Street poll conducted around the same time. More recently, "U.S.-Israel relations" was the most important issue for only 7.2% in the American Jewish Committee's 2015 study of Jewish American opinion, ranking fifth behind "economy" (41.7%), "national security" (12.3%), "healthcare" (12%), and "income inequality" (11.6%). It was the second and the third-most important issue for only 7.6% and 11.1%, respectively."

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-bronitsky-jewish-vote-20161029-story.html

Back to the Cruz discussion, you're just not smart enough to pull off the "I always vote Dem but defend Republicans" troll routine.   We get it, you're one of the gimps hooking on to the leash with Cruz.  

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Ohai.  Generalize much?  NM.  But thanks for pointing out the next logical step for me, I guess.  

33 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You’re painting the Jewish population to be singularly focused on issues related to Israel.   I thought many oppose the current Israeli leadership so they don’t blindly support Israel policies.  

it's a small minority that is critical, groups such as Jewish Voices for Peace. 

32 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

And yet, that's completely false, because your assumptions are false and skewed by your own biases:

2_13.png

And

"Israel was the "most important" voting issue for a mere 4% of respondents in the Public Religion Research Institute's 2012 Jewish Values survey. Israel was one of two top "voting issue priorities" for just 10% in a J Street poll conducted around the same time. More recently, "U.S.-Israel relations" was the most important issue for only 7.2% in the American Jewish Committee's 2015 study of Jewish American opinion, ranking fifth behind "economy" (41.7%), "national security" (12.3%), "healthcare" (12%), and "income inequality" (11.6%). It was the second and the third-most important issue for only 7.6% and 11.1%, respectively."

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-bronitsky-jewish-vote-20161029-story.html

Back to the Cruz discussion, you're just not smart enough to pull off the "I always vote Dem but defend Republicans" troll routine.   We get it, you're one of the gimps hooking on to the leash with Cruz.  

they will shun Democrats who have these liberal values but are critical of Israel -- such as Jimmy Carter, Keith Ellison, Cynthia McKinney (who became target #1 years ago) and even super liberal Bernie Sanders.  There's no reason for them to be Democrats anymore. As for wealth, minorities with wealth tend to gravitate towards the Republicans. Like I said, suppose Keith Ellison has become the chair of the DNC and implemented a platform hostile to Israel and the Dem candidate for POTUS was hostile, i think we'd see a dramatic change. Suppose a candidate said "stop all aid to Israel and impose strict economic sanctions" , i'm sure the ranking would go from #5 to #1 pretty quickly.

you really should vote for Cruz, it's in your best interests. 

9 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

they will shun Democrats who have these liberal values but are critical of Israel -- such as Jimmy Carter, Keith Ellison, Cynthia McKinney (who became target #1 years ago) and even super liberal Bernie Sanders.  There's no reason for them to be Democrats anymore. As for wealth, minorities with wealth tend to gravitate towards the Republicans. Like I said, suppose Keith Ellison has become the chair of the DNC and implemented a platform hostile to Israel and the Dem candidate for POTUS was hostile, i think we'd see a dramatic change. Suppose a candidate said "stop all aid to Israel and impose strict economic sanctions" , i'm sure the ranking would go from #5 to #1 pretty quickly.

you really should vote for Cruz, it's in your best interests. 

The American Jewish community is lucky to have you around to tell them the issues that they actually care about, in defiance of consistent polling data and voting patterns. 

The funny thing is that you're such a bad troll that you don't even realize that you're giving the alt-right argument for why Jews vote Dem.   The leftist argument is completely different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orca of Peace said:

Being anti-settlements is not anti-Israel.

15 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The American Jewish community is lucky to have you around to tell them the issues that they actually care about, in defiance of consistent polling data and voting patterns. 

The funny thing is that you're such a bad troll that you don't even realize that you're giving the alt-right argument for why Jews vote Dem.   The leftist argument is completely different. 

suppose we have a 48 year old youthful Jimmy Carter who 

1. is for healthcare

2. economic equality

3. education

4. all other liberal items that were listed in that poll

so far so good right?

but 

5. wants to end all aid to Israel, impose strict sanctions, and put Israeli leaders up for trial under the Geneva Convention. 

So US Jews vote for Jimmy Carter? (who btw is very hostile to Israel and has even befriended Hamas)

Now all of a sudden, item #5 (US relations with Israel) isn't so far down the list anymore. 

1 minute ago, Orca of Peace said:

suppose we have a 48 year old youthful Jimmy Carter who 

1. is for healthcare

2. economic equality

3. education

4. all other liberal items that were listed in that poll

so far so good right?

but 

5. wants to end all aid to Israel, impose strict sanctions, and put Israeli leaders up for trial under the Geneva Convention. 

So US Jews vote for Jimmy Carter? (who btw is very hostile to Israel and has even befriended Hamas)

Now all of a sudden, item #5 (US relations with Israel) isn't so far down the list anymore. 

Anyone who openly supports number 5 will never be the Democratic nominee.

Just now, Message Board User said:

Isn't a good chunk of the MAGAs anti-Semites and neo-Nazis?

i can't imagine why the Jews would vote against that...

It's something shared by the ultra-extreme right and ultra-extreme left, which is why an alt-right troll posing as a lib, like Orca, can't help but show his ass on the subject. 

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

It's something shared by the ultra-extreme right and ultra-extreme left, which is why an alt-right troll posing as a lib, like Orca, can't help but show his ass on the subject. 

Except the ultra-extreme left is anti-Israel, not anti-semite. Those are two different things no matter what Israelis think. The ultra-left has no problem with Jews as Jews. The ultra-right is about white supremacy.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Except the ultra-extreme left is anti-Israel, not anti-semite. Those are two different things no matter what Israelis think. The ultra-left has no problem with Jews as Jews. The ultra-right is about white supremacy.

I agree that anti-Israel and anti-semitic are distinct, and that many on the left who are critical of Israel are not anti-semitic, but you're wrong that there isn't a significant amount of anti-semitism on the ultra-extreme left. 

5 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I agree that anti-Israel and anti-semitic are distinct, and that many on the left who are critical of Israel are not anti-semitic, but you're wrong that there isn't a significant amount of anti-semitism on the ultra-extreme left. 

The crazies on the left and right love their Jewish big money corporatist global conspiracy theories.

7 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Because everybody hates the Jews.

Sigh.

Edited by David Dennison

What an awesome troll conversation. Here’s why the trump/Cruz wing lost ground with American Jews, and will never, ever get it back: when fucking Nazis rallied in Charlottesville, and actually killed someone, Trump said there were good people on both sides.

American Jews are pretty fucking wary of fucking Nazis. And the trump wing openly courts, coddles, and contains actual fucking Nazis.

Jews will vote against the folks who align with Nazis. It’s kinda their thing.

Man, the alt-right trolling is at least getting humorous in its pathetic-ness, so that’s fun.

• Like 1

Ya know. I’m starting to think this orca peace guy might actually be a troll.

He seems to be very knowledgeable about two subjects: (1) the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and (2) NBA basketball.

yep, definitely a guy who lived his whole life in Texas. 

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Ya know. I’m starting to think this orca peace guy might actually be a troll.

He seems to be very knowledgeable about two subjects: (1) the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and (2) NBA basketball.

yep, definitely a guy who lived his whole life in Texas. 

He's a staunch Dem, but is urging us to vote Cruz and is very concerned about lib violence against Trump supporters.   Seems legit. 

• Like 2

Noam Chomsky is basically the entire lesson in this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

He's a staunch Dem, but is urging us to vote Cruz and is very concerned about lib violence against Trump supporters.   Seems legit. 

dumb reply. It's in your best interest to vote Cruz, the Jewish Texan vote won't matter much in numbers anyway, so do what's best for you.  I am against violence against Trump because it makes the left look bad. Of course I'm against violence by the Super Patriot crowd too, but don't care if that makes them look bad in the public eye.

2 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

typical propaganda. There is hardly any antisemitism from the ultra left, it's coming from the ultra ultra right such as David Duke, neo nazis, Aryan Nation. The ultra left are commie/anarchists such as antifa.