Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

13 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

dumb reply. It's in your best interest to vote Cruz, the Jewish Texan vote won't matter much in numbers anyway, so do what's best for you. 

I don't fall within this demographic characterization, and I always vote primarily in the best interest of my country (which is, of course, the USA).  But thanks for the advice, guy who has demonstrated near-total ignorance on every aspect of this conversation! 

13 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

dumb reply. It's in your best interest to vote Cruz, the Jewish Texan vote won't matter much in numbers anyway, so do what's best for you.  I am against violence against Trump because it makes the left look bad. Of course I'm against violence by the Super Patriot crowd too, but don't care if that makes them look bad in the public eye.

Most of us on Surly are not corporations, so Cruz doesn't care about us.  

I disagree with Beto on plenty of things, but I think he will better represent actual Texans.

If I were a corporation though, Cruz is 100% who I'd be behind, because he would best represent my interests.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I don't fall within this demographic characterization, and I always vote primarily in the best interest of my country (which is, of course, the USA).  But thanks for the advice, guy who has demonstrated near-total ignorance on every aspect of this conversation! 

wrong again. Show me the ultra left person(s) who are anti semitic. It's coming from the ultra right as i said. Your propaganda is very weak btw. 

Would you vote for Jimmy Carter today? Super liberal nice Democrat gentleman that he is (suppose he's 48, not 90 so age a non issue). 

1 minute ago, Orca of Peace said:

wrong again. Show me the ultra left person(s) who are anti semitic. It's coming from the ultra right as i said. Your propaganda is very weak btw. 

Would you vote for Jimmy Carter today? Super liberal nice Democrat gentleman that he is (suppose he's 48, not 90 so age a non issue). 

I thought that Carter was a terrible president.  Seriously, his ineptitude is one of the things that turned young Brisket on to politics.  I was a kid who actually worked and placed campaign signs for Reagan in 1980.

If Carter (presuming the age wasn't an issue) was running today, I'd not only vote for him, I'd write him a campaign check.  Because Jimmy was inept...but he hadn't sold out our country to a foreign power or to the highest bidder to satisfy his naked personal ambition. Which makes him LIGHT YEARS better than Trump or Cruz.

Keep trolling, troll.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I thought that Carter was a terrible president.  Seriously, his ineptitude is one of the things that turned young Brisket on to politics.  I was a kid who actually worked and placed campaign signs for Reagan in 1980.

If Carter (presuming the age wasn't an issue) was running today, I'd not only vote for him, I'd write him a campaign check.  Because Jimmy was inept...but he hadn't sold out our country to a foreign power or to the highest bidder to satisfy his naked personal ambition. Which makes him LIGHT YEARS better than Trump or Cruz.

Keep trolling, troll.

troll accusations mean you have lost the argument and feel insecure. 

Anyway, the question is if Jimmah was the Dem candidate and satisfied all the liberal requirements that Jews like - BUT - he is very hostile to Israel (which he is), would Jews vote for him? It's not really about you dude, that was not the focus of my question. The question was regarding Jewish priorities in a candidate where the other poster proposed that US-Israeli relations were far down the list of priorities. I countered that they were not and are in fact the #1 priority (when it matters).  Right now doesn't matter much at all given their ultra dominance. 

• Fuck You 3

8 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

not a good answer. You have to do something of substance. 

That's not how this works.  If you want to troll me into making an alt-right both sides argument, you're going to have to earn it, and you just aren't up to our standards around here.   Suffice it to say that the extreme nuts on the far right, like you, have control of the GOP, and the extreme nuts on the far left don't have much sway in the Democratic Party, which is all that really matters. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Anyway, the question is if Jimmah was the Dem candidate and satisfied all the liberal requirements that Jews like - BUT - he is very hostile to Israel (which he is), would Jews vote for him? It's not really about you dude, that was not the focus of my question. The question was regarding Jewish priorities in a candidate where the other poster proposed that US-Israeli relations were far down the list of priorities. I countered that they were not and are in fact the #1 priority (when it matters).  Right now doesn't matter much at all given their ultra dominance. 

No, it means that you are an obvious liar, on multiple counts, spotted by everyone here.  You can try to gaslight and lie, but this board isn't full of Trump supporters, so you've way underestimated your audience.

Go get your fucking shinebox, troll.

Jewish priorities are "fuck nazis and  those who coddle and enable them."  Go tell your boss that he's losing the jews, and they ain't coming back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

typical propaganda. There is hardly any antisemitism from the ultra left, it's coming from the ultra ultra right such as David Duke, neo nazis, Aryan Nation. The ultra left are commie/anarchists such as antifa.

Watch the video of the Israeli flag brought onto the campus at Cal Berkeley. 

There’s anti Semitic attitudes at both ends of the spectrum. 

Not sure how this makes a shit for when Beto beats wormy ted Cruz in the election though. 

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

Not sure how this makes a shit for when Beto beats wormy ted Cruz in the election though. 

Again, anti-Israel and anti-semitism are two different things, no matter what Israeli leaders want you to believe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

which video? what did they people do to the sacred Israeli flag? burn it, shred it, spit on it, piss on it? None of that is anti semitic whatsover. There's nothing anti semitic about criticizing, hating, or attacking Israel. People need to overcome this mental block of causation. People don't like Israel because of what it does or even that it exists, but not simply because they are Jews. I know WW2 and the Holocaust are in the deep psyche, so this idea is very hard to overcome, but give it a try. 

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

Weird.  I keep clicking the cruz vs beto thread but it keeps taking me to some thread about Jimmy Carter and Israel.

And to tie it back, despite Orca's support for Cruz, Beto is a standard Dem with respect to Israel, and Cruz is a standard Republican, so it's a non-issue for this race. 

20 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

People don't like Israel because of what it does or even that it exists, but not simply because they are Jews. I know WW2 and the Holocaust are in the deep psyche, so this idea is very hard to overcome, but give it a try. 

Plus, birtherism isn't racism.

Give it a try!

23 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

which video? what did they people do to the sacred Israeli flag? burn it, shred it, spit on it, piss on it? None of that is anti semitic whatsover. There's nothing anti semitic about criticizing, hating, or attacking Israel. People need to overcome this mental block of causation. People don't like Israel because of what it does or even that it exists, but not simply because they are Jews. I know WW2 and the Holocaust are in the deep psyche, so this idea is very hard to overcome, but give it a try. 

Was a video showing reaction when a person brought an Israeli flag on the campus. They were mocked, shouted down etc. I was responding to your assertion that it never happens from the left. It happens on both ends of political spectrum. 

Go Beto. 

1 hour ago, Orca of Peace said:

No it means he’s calling you a troll. Which you are. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

both of you are nothing compared to me on this topic. Anyway, too much of this sub-issue on Beto/Cruz thread, so if you would like to participate, it's on the Israel thread. 

YOU ARE NOTHING!! I WILL DESTROYED YOU!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Ted Cruz has to go and Beto is a more than adequate replacement.  

I can’t believe there are millions of Texans that like Ted Cruz enough to vote for him at all.

When phone banking for Beto last week I ran across a few people who said they would neverneverNEVEREVER vote for a Democrat. So there's your answer.  

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I can’t believe there are millions of Texans that like Ted Cruz enough to vote for him at all.

I would vote for Beto but he hates the Jews!

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Almost 652k Alabamans voted for a child molester. Nothing matters to folks who like to borrow from the unborn and punish women who fuck. 

2 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

both of you are nothing compared to me on this topic. Anyway, too much of this sub-issue on Beto/Cruz thread, so if you would like to participate, it's on the Israel thread. 

Obvious troll. Here’s a tip for your next assignment. Americans don’t talk how you do. “Both of you are nothing compared to me on this topic?” Wtf? Let your boss know that y’all need a better advisor regarding American vernacular and sentence structure. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Obvious troll. Here’s a tip for your next assignment. Americans don’t talk how you do. “Both of you are nothing compared to me on this topic?” Wtf? Let your boss know that y’all need a better advisor regarding American vernacular and sentence structure. 

The analysis has been done and complete and your post is nothing compared to my post on this topic. It is known, and I am the idoit. 

e675ab6b1cb7a0663756f2c3c1c7ed53.jpg
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

All your base...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

It’s all about liberal tears, not actually liking the guy that you voted for. 

Well, and selling the country down the river.    But hey, making other people mad, it’s so sweet.  

Signed, Republicans.  

9 hours ago, M12BH said:

When phone banking for Beto last week I ran across a few people who said they would neverneverNEVEREVER vote for a Democrat. So there's your answer.  

A good friend of mine said the exact same thing just the other week. He's 61 and is as honest as the day is long, but he's Team R regardless of the candidates in front of him. He did walk it back a bit by saying "never say never", because his dad was a yella dog Dem from Wichita Falls who never voted for an R in his life until the final 2 presidential elections of his life (hint: the D won but was infamous for wearing a tan suit once).

4 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

A good friend of mine said the exact same thing just the other week. He's 61 and is as honest as the day is long, but he's Team R regardless of the candidates in front of him. He did walk it back a bit by saying "never say never", because his dad was a yella dog Dem from Wichita Falls who never voted for an R in his life until the final 2 presidential elections of his life (hint: the D won but was infamous for wearing a tan suit once).

Beto is not going to win by converting these type of Republican voters. Texas is not going to go blue by converting them either. Beto's and Texas' hope of going blue is with increased voter turnout, specifically among Hispanics. 

Beto is not going to win by converting these type of Republican voters. Texas is not going to go blue by converting them either. Beto's and Texas' hope of going blue is with increased voter turnout, specifically among Hispanics. 

That’s it, plain and simple.

Defectors from the suburbs (mostly while women).
Young voters.
Minorities (not just Hispanics, btw. There’s still a sizable black vote, and trump has done an amazing job of pushing east Asians and south Asians towards the Dems).

That’s the dem coalition for the future in Texas.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Young voters.
Minorities (not just Hispanics, btw. There’s still a sizable black vote, and trump has done an amazing job of pushing east Asians and south Asians towards the Dems).

White people being scared of becoming the minority is honestly the one thing that will speed up white people becoming the minority, at least when it comes to political representation.  These last 18-months have basically been a masterclass on how to unite everyone who is not a white, Christian male.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

What I was about to post:

“I wouldnt add college educated urban and suburban white men to the list but they are worth talking about.  He won’t get enough of them to build a coalition but it seems to be much more split than it used to be.”

After seeing that trump won white men that are college graduates in Texas by a margin of 66% to 26%:

“Fuck.”

After seeing that he won white college graduate women in Texas by a margin of 59% to 35%.

”Motherfucker”

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

White people being scared of becoming the minority is honestly the one thing that will speed up white people becoming the minority, at least when it comes to political representation.  These last 18-months have basically been a masterclass on how to unite everyone who is not a white, Christian male.

The same exit poll that I referenced above had trump winning the white vote 69-26. HRC easily won all the other demographics, including Asians, very easily. It seems to be whites vs all minorities regardless of gender or education.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results/exit-polls/texas/president

14 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Saw two Cruz signs today in my previously unsullied Lake Highlands neighborhood.  One of the houses also sports A&M signage.  (Okay, so the neighborhood is normally a little sullied.)

hqdefault.jpg

Lake Highlands is about as close to MAGA as you will find within Dallas city limits.  Lots of Aggy and Baylorites there.

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Young voters.

You can also factor in that the silent generation was 23% of all voters nationwide in 2014 but is projected to be 8% in 2026. As I have said before Texas Republican voters are dying off at a rate of net loss of 50,000+ a year, which adds up.

Texas has a net migration with other states of 150,000 per year with over 250,000 coming and over 100,000 leaving. This also dilutes the Republican base a little each year.

Independent voters swinging toward Democrats will be big in 2018 and 2020.

Edited by RayDog
  • Like 1