Talk Texas vs Purple Wizard's KState Wildcats

LTtxfan

9 hours ago, Tex Long said:

We didn't lose that game because Colt got hurt - the same basic "pinched nerve" injury at the junction of right shoulder and neck, which he would suffer the next game against agy, three years later against Bama, as well as in the NFL. We lost the KState game because Jamaal fumbled, Selvin fumbled, and The Punter had a punt blocked, which took us from 21-21 to 21-42, all in about five minutes. I thought Jevan Snead QB'ed reasonably well and we got within three, but couldn't recover an onside kick at the end. You score 42 points and lose... it ain't on anybody but the D.

Mack was scared to death to have a freshman QB out there. Colt seemed to be not able to make a full throw in practice. We had two weeks to the agy T-Day game, and by the time it got there, Colt was said to be suffering from some gawdawful horrible flu -  sick, puking all night - and his arm still wasn't right.

Mack, scared to death, couldn't bring himself to let Snead take the reins. Colt looked like warmed-over shit, but played every single snap until he got ko'ed by a cheap shot with time for one play - after having been hit on a previous play almost as hard. The second one, he was out on the field for a good ten minutes, and wound up spending hours at Brack with MRIs, xRays, and more, culminating with (as I recall), "He's got a pinched nerve."

Snead stood on the sideline, helmet off, arms folded, staring at the field. I don't think Mack even looked at him. After Colt ot carted off, Snead had time for one play, he got one snap, one fucking snap: he dropped back and threw as much of a Hail Mary jump ball as he could, which was - predictably - intercepted. Watching his body language all day, I opined that he would be gone as soon as possible, and he was. He wasn't the best QB I ever saw, but he was better than just OK... god damn, he would have been a great asset to put in the Bama game, when Colt got ko'ed with the same fucking injury, and Squints was so unprepared to play that he couldn't even find his fucking helmet.

So, yeah, fuck KState, fuck the Purple Wizard, fuck their mothers, fuck their dogs, fuck their mothers' dogs, fuck their dogs' mothers.

Did I leave anyone out?

Right - Fuck 0U.

Fuck Chip Brown, too.

• Like 2

I was curious how our rather anemic pass rush stacks up against the rest of the Big 12 - among the 10 Big 12 teams, only the Kansas State Fightin' Purple Wizard Sleeves have fewer sacks (3) than Texas 4 sacks through 4 games.  Oklahoma State has a ridiculous 18 sacks in 4 games - though 8 of those came against South Alabama and another 4 against their FCS opponent.

Texas has been getting pressure on occasion, but seemingly hasn't had much luck actually bringing the QB down.  Only 1 DL has a sack thus far this season (Omenihu) the other three are by a LB (Johnson), and two DB's (Boyd & Brown).

34 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I was curious how our rather anemic pass rush stacks up against the rest of the Big 12 - among the 10 Big 12 teams, only the Kansas State Fightin' Purple Wizard Sleeves have fewer sacks (3) than Texas 4 sacks through 4 games.  Oklahoma State has a ridiculous 18 sacks in 4 games - though 8 of those came against South Alabama and another 4 against their FCS opponent.

Texas has been getting pressure on occasion, but seemingly hasn't had much luck actually bringing the QB down.  Only 1 DL has a sack thus far this season (Omenihu) the other three are by a LB (Johnson), and two DB's (Boyd & Brown).

We did sleep they QB against TCU, though. Gotta count for something right?

24 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

We are 4 in the nation for TFL against P5 and 23 against FBS opponents.

Where can one find these stats?

Do you know if anyone (other than PFF) tracks QB hurries/hits in college like they do in the NFL?  I have to imagine we're pretty high in those categories as well.  

56 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Against FBS opponents Shawn Robinson has looked - not good.     3 td's, 5 int's and 3 fumbles in his last three games.   He has 8 fumbles in his 10 games played.  Yikes.

Not to take anything away from the win, but re-watching the game, he single-handedly kept us in it.

28 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Teaser time

You know what. Fuck it. I'm gonna say it. Herman is a great coach. The whole idea of each game being just another step in the process, as simple as it is, is great coaching and a message that stick with you. It gives players something to work towards every single week regardless of what happened the week prior. 

We've seen this team get better 3 weeks in a row. Let's make that 4. 

Hook em. ftb

16442592-7.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You know what. Fuck it. I'm gonna say it. Herman is a great coach. The whole idea of each game being just another step in the process, as simple as it is, is great coaching and a message that stick with you. It gives players something to work towards every single week regardless of what happened the week prior. 

Hook em. ftb

16442592-7.jpg

Approved 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Hook em. ftb

16442592-7.jpg

Someone gets it.