-
24 Virginia Tech
ACC
Record: 3-1
-
25 Oklahoma State
Record: 4-1
-
Others receiving votes:Boise St. 86, South Florida 83, Syracuse 74, Cincinnati 35, Iowa 34, Texas A&M 31, Washington St. 14, TCU 13, California 10, Maryland 10, Missouri 8, Mississippi St. 3, Boston College 3, BYU 3, Arizona St. 2, Appalachian St. 2, Duke 1, Hawaii 1, San Diego St. 1.

ou sucks.

Manhattan Kansas is underrated as far as home field advantage to a national audience, particularly when Texas rolls in there.

We got a huge monkey off our back yesterday, we know it and it will manifest itself in the national view of our team later in the year, because we could have disappeared from the rankings at all yesterday, for the remainder of the season if we had regressed to the norm up there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Interesting Tech disappears after somewhat competitive loss to WVU and OSU slides back in after beating Kansas.  Didn't Tech crush OSU in Stillwater a week ago?

Not to mention Tech's other loss was to SECSECSEC which should really count as a close win against anybody else.

We shouldn't drop a spot (for that matter - neither should OU). Fucking ridiculous. If #18 was too high to begin with then that's a separate issue.

We moved up in the coaches poll this week to #20. I think anywhere from #15-#20 is fair. I can't say with a straight face I would take Wisconsin or Oregon over us on a neutral site right now, but whatever. Looks like another year of the B12 getting questionable amounts of respect.

Also - how in God's green fucking earth is atm even getting votes? 

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Clemson shouldn't be anywhere near the top 5.  They look . . . not good.

Notre Dame has the best resume out there right now.

I'm assuming you mean outside of Bama because Saban would skin them alive and make a nice, home-style Leprechaun stew with that team. 

1 minute ago, UTEX_ME said:

also lulz AuBarn struggled for 4 quarters with Southern Miss and go from 10 to 8

Yeah, this is SEC fluffery all day long.

Auburn looked good against a good Washington team the 1st game of the season. 

I would argue they haven’t made any real improvements throughout the year. They more games and slide.

1 minute ago, UTEX_ME said:

also lulz AuBarn struggled for 4 quarters with Southern Miss and go from 10 to 8

SEC, brah.

Seriously, I have no issue with us dropping in the ranking due to the struggle within Kstate but this kind of grading needs to be applied across the board. Even OU is dropping after wins but SEC schools move up after lackluster wins. Bullshit.

And on what planet is someone on that thinks aggy should be ranked?

• Like 1

SEC, brah.
Seriously, I have no issue with us dropping in the ranking due to the struggle within Kstate but this kind of grading needs to be applied across the board. Even OU is dropping after wins but SEC schools move up after lackluster wins. Bullshit.
And on what planet is someone on that thinks aggy should be ranked?
It's fucking bullshit how the SEC gets pimped year after year with these inflated rankings. Auburn moves to 8 after struggling to beat Southern Miss at home but OU drops last week? Like you said, it's not consistent but we should all be used to it by now.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm assuming you mean outside of Bama because Saban would skin them alive and make a nice, home-style Leprechaun stew with that team. 

I was just talking about resume, not about who would win at a neutral site.  But honestly--how can you conclude that about Alabama?  We haven't really seen them play anybody.  Aggy and Mississippi are dogshit teams, and their nonconference slate is a joke.

Alabama has a two-game schedule.  LSU and Auburn.  That's it.  The rest are a bunch of nobodies.

Notre Dame could still run into some problems against Virginia Tech, USC, and, depending on what you think of that game yesterday, Syracuse.  I'm not sold on the notion that they'll make the playoffs.  But right now, they've got the best resume out there.

27 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Yeah, this is SEC fluffery all day long.

Auburn looked good against a good Washington team the 1st game of the season. 

I would argue they haven’t made any real improvements throughout the year. They more games and slide.

Personally I don't think the Pac 12 has any of the best 12-13 teams in the country. This is one of their weakest years by far in recent memory. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I was just talking about resume, not about who would win at a neutral site.  But honestly--how can you conclude that about Alabama?  We haven't really seen them play anybody.  Aggy and Mississippi are dogshit teams, and their nonconference slate is a joke.

Alabama has a two-game schedule.  LSU and Auburn.  That's it.  The rest are a bunch of nobodies.

Notre Dame could still run into some problems against Virginia Tech, USC, and, depending on what you think of that game yesterday, Syracuse.  I'm not sold on the notion that they'll make the playoffs.  But right now, they've got the best resume out there.

Actually you're right - it's been almost a full calendar year since their last national title. I hear the seat's really getting hot over there in Tuscaloosa. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Please tell me you aren't being serious. 

Have you seen them play a legit top-25 team?  Because I haven't.

That's not to say that I think Alabama has forgotten how to play football.  I don't.  It is to say, however, that this year's team is different from last year's, and we don't know how good this year's team is from having watched them play other quality teams.

I can tell you from watching Notre Dame pound the fuck out of Stanford (which I think is a very good team) that Notre Dame is very good.  We don't have the same type of observational evidence vis-a-vis Alabama.

That's all I'm saying.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We shouldn't drop a spot (for that matter - neither should OU). Fucking ridiculous. If #18 was too high to begin with then that's a separate issue.

We moved up in the coaches poll this week to #20. I think anywhere from #15-#20 is fair. I can't say with a straight face I would take Wisconsin or Oregon over us on a neutral site right now, but whatever. Looks like another year of the B12 getting questionable amounts of respect.

Also - how in God's green fucking earth is atm even getting votes? 

Most voters have families to protect

12 minutes ago, Deej said:

The only school in the SEC worth a shit is Bama. The rest of their teams get to ride their coattails up the rankings.

Ya, that Georgia team is a joke. LSU and Auburn are surprisingly salty this year and Kentucky may have a good year as well. In conclusion:

giphy.gif

• Like 1