2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Warriors are getting absolutely nothing from their bench, 7 points and 8 fouls.

the longer this series goes, the more it favors the rockets.  the warriors starters can not average 40 mpg over 7 games and win the series...i think.

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

the longer this series goes, the more it favors the rockets.  the warriors starters can not average 40 mpg over 7 games and win the series...i think.

I hope you're right. EG and Harden played 45 and CP3 played 43 tonight.

Warriors lost their 1st playoff game when Green gets a triple double, and Durant nearly hit 50. Rockets need 3 more games where they blow the Warriors off the glass, as I don't think there is any way Green and Iguodala can continue scoring 28-35 points a game.

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

yup, they keep playing with other options when they already solved the equation 

I fucking hate that they ever went away from those jerseys. That dildo shark jersey that came next was such an abortion, it's not even funny. Should wear the one that brung ya (to the finals)!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
On 5/5/2019 at 9:36 AM, TexasMan said:

Those jerseys/ logo is one of the best in the nba

OK, so I'm not typically the guy that notices this kind of thing, but what's the story on the lower case "et" in "ROCKetS?" I would guess it's to fit the whole thing on the jersey but I'd like to hear the discussion. Not hating at all, just curious...

18 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

OK, so I'm not typically the guy that notices this kind of thing, but what's the story on the lower case "et" in "ROCKetS?" I would guess it's to fit the whole thing on the jersey but I'd like to hear the discussion. Not hating at all, just curious...

That goes back so far that I'm not sure anyone can explain it-- you're talking 1972-73 IIRC. It's just a stylistic choice, though, it doesn't have any significance as far as I know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goatsaag said:

Klay has no idea how to contest a stepback other than just hoping the refs don't call the foul

As a defender if you didn't stay right with the shooter as he is stepping back, once the shooter jumps there is no way to defend it without fouling.

Strong Start for Harden.  Curry with good 1st a qtr, but now in foul trouble with 2.  So far KD kinda quiet.  Klay can't find his shot and foul trouble with 3 fouls.

PJ has been active.... 🤘 

If Rockets can slow the Warriors bench, may go back to San Fran at 2-2.

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Strong Start for Harden.  Curry with good 1st a qtr, but now in foul trouble with 2.  So far KD kinda quiet.  Klay can't find his shot and foul trouble with 3 fouls.

PJ has been active.... 🤘 

If Rockets can slow the Warriors bench, may go back to San Fran at 2-2.

*Oakland. A perfect place for this team. Unfortunately they're to relocate to San Fran next season.

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

As a defender if you didn't stay right with the shooter as he is stepping back, once the shooter jumps there is no way to defend it without fouling.

I mean, Looney hasn't fouled Harden on one yet. Klay may have fouled on every single one he's defended (only got called for that one though).