Official Surly - Texas vs OU Game Thread

Vertigo

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

At this point, as long as TEXAS is 5-1..... I'll gladly take Maryland loss

Yeah I was thinking about this too. If we beat Maryland there's no guarantee we don;t get a little full of ourselves and lose one or more of the games we've won. If losing to Maryland is part of what made this team continue to improve each week the way they have, then so be it. Better every week. Just keep doing that.

Tone after the game was pretty calm. I think OU's late comeback gave a lot of their fans the "well, it was a good game" mentality. 

Told an older OU guy it was a great game as I was walking out, he then extended a fist bump. 

Last year it was much... rowdier. 

Btw.  blame for the 3 score collapse rest on my shoulders.  At the beginning of the 4th I took off my shirt that I wore for the last 3 games and switched to my daughters soccer team shirt for her game at 2pm.    Thankfully its proximity to me in my truck was enough to get that FG thru the uprights.   Whew.

Tone after the game was pretty calm. I think OU's late comeback gave a lot of their fans the "well, it was a good game" mentality. 
Told an older OU guy it was a great game as I was walking out, he then extended a fist bump. 
Last year it was much... rowdier. 

Oh so you missed your opportunity to tell him to fuck his own mother. Got it.

1 minute ago, midtown said:

Btw.  blame for the 3 score collapse rest on my shoulders.  At the beginning of the 4th I took off my shirt that I wore for the last 3 games and switched to my daughters soccer team shirt for her game at 2pm.    Thankfully its proximity to me in my truck was enough to get that FG thru the uprights.   Whew.

Don't ever pull that shit again

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

Just now, midtown said:

Lame

1 minute ago, midtown said:

I watched the game on DVR cause children's baseball. I have their dream shirt but I did not wear. Did I mention this is the only time I will ever go to their game and I wore all burnt 

As mentioned earlier, not sure UMd was a prerequisite, but until we started putting together a string of 3-4 wins, and learned how to win from week to week, we were fucked like Chuck.

Someone had to put those wins together for anything positive to happen.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, midtown said:

Take a lap