Official Surly - Texas vs OU Game Thread

Vertigo

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Just got back from the game. I'm exhausted. We were hoping for a 21 point blowout and the air was just sucked out of the Texas end with that 4th quarter. Thankfully Sam pulled them down the field to set up Dicker. I was pissed about the penalties that killed our drives and bad playcalling but we got out with a win and that's all that matters. It was still a hell of a lot of fun to see our guys put on the Golden Hat. It was also fun to not have to slink out of the Fair for once. 

43390528_10214676400602102_1716606687709

Section 114? Looks like were sitting pretty close...

But the same thing would not apply to a wr or rb while running with the ball...
Yes it would. The hand can touch the ground to keep you up without making you "down". You see RBs and WRs do it all the time to keep themselves up to get a couple extra yards. The ball is an extension of the hand in circumstances like this and touching the ball to the ground by itself is not considered down. If it was, then a QB could never pick up a botched snap because the second he grabbed it he'd be down.

Btw.  blame for the 3 score collapse rest on my shoulders.  At the beginning of the 4th I took off my shirt that I wore for the last 3 games and switched to my daughters soccer team shirt for her game at 2pm.    Thankfully its proximity to me in my truck was enough to get that FG thru the uprights.   Whew.
Fuck soccer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Great Win.... Will be interesting to see PFF grades on Defense for Horns.

Seems like Caden got schooled a few times especially on Murray's long touchdown run...... Heck of a lot easier to take when HORNS win 🤘

he'll grow, as will the rest of the team. Sterns is a freshman, so mistakes like that will happen from time to time. all that said, i agree much easier to swallow with a win.

12 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

62-46-5

It's time to starting adding to the left side of that number.

Also 5-1 baby.

1 minute ago, Deej said:

It's not a 2 point loss to Clemson, bit I'll take it.

aggy enjoy the game today?  It's be pretty shitty if they weren't supporting their big brother.  

They didn’t show replays on many of their big plays the last quarter, but I wish I could see them again to look for holding or any other explanation for a lack of defensive players anywhere near the ball for most of it. 

To be a fly on the wall when the team does the all 22 film watch of the 4th. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

6 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

So um did anyone get a screengrab of that female Texas fan in the 3rd quarter?

lol.. my son and I were yelling at the tv for having the scoring banner in the way when she was leaning over. I thought for sure someone on Shaggy would have a gif, you failed me. 

1 minute ago, DreadHead said:

lol.. my son and I were yelling at the tv for having the scoring banner in the way when she was leaning over. I thought for sure someone on Shaggy would have a gif, you failed me. 

Longhorn network will be airing it again soon, just screen grab it then.

3 minutes ago, Topper13 said:

This is why it's great that tube tops are making a comeback. You never know when a titty is going to just pop out

Tube Tops are awesome, but I think she just had a really low cut blouse. Either way it way it was a great visual at the time, the camera man was creeping.