Official Surly - Texas vs OU Game Thread

Vertigo

Watched it in a hospital room as well. My wife had twin babies Wednesday, and my little girl is in the NICU. This hospital needs a bar.

They all do, man.
If you're in austin, ill bring you a bottle. Congrats. Fuck ou

Seriously, if you’re at Seton, I’m headed back up there later. I can bring you a pop or two.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

Someone explain the Murray fumble to me. Obviously I nearly busted a nut with joy when it occurred but how is that not a down ball?  Is their some sort of qb-specific rule for the ball being down in that situation?

no part of his body was down, no knees, ass, elbow, nothing. play on

• Like 3

YESSSSSSS!!!!!

Just got off the DART from the Fair....... walking up the stairs from the train to the parking lot, an (about) 8 yr old boy made the day complete. He was walking up ahead of us with his dad. On his own doing, he leaned over the rail and yelled at the mostly sooner train, "Give 'em Hell! Give 'em Hell! oU SUCKS!" I was laughing as I gave him a high 5...

• Like 4

Just got back from the game. I'm exhausted. We were hoping for a 21 point blowout and the air was just sucked out of the Texas end with that 4th quarter. Thankfully Sam pulled them down the field to set up Dicker. I was pissed about the penalties that killed our drives and bad playcalling but we got out with a win and that's all that matters. It was still a hell of a lot of fun to see our guys put on the Golden Hat. It was also fun to not have to slink out of the Fair for once. 

43390528_10214676400602102_1716606687709

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 6

First off, congrats on the hard fought win. That caliber game is exactly what this rivalry deserves and it’s good to see it back. 

Like I said last year, I’m still thoroughly impressed by Ehlinger and his toughness. Kid has that ‘it’ factor. Ended up talking to his mother for awhile as she tried to escape the sun for a bit. 

This is probably the worst 3rd down and turnover creating OU defense I’ve ever seen. Just abysmal. I haven’t seen stats but it seemed like Texas was 85% on third down. Mike Stoops should not be allowed on the bus. He’s done.

Since I’m working the game, the nature of my presence doesn’t allow me to see every single play to completion, but from what I did see, Texas was the better-more consistent team- which feels weird saying. 

If any of you asswipes were in sections 24 or 25 you probably stomped on my toes as you entered the section. 

Anyways, good to see these quality matchups between the two new coaching regimes. That stadium was rocking on both sides. Good stuff. 

Boomer. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I think Sam is coming out the pocket for some tacos after this game. The offense was fucking nails.

The O scored on 7 of its first 8 possessions. For once, we didn't play down to our competition. We took the opportunities given and ran with them. Blew the Sooners out,, built a lead, and then held on for dear life. We didn't shit away a lead with stupid mistakes. Well played, men.