Official Surly - Texas vs OU Game Thread

Vertigo

1 hour ago, NoRagrets said:

I need to follow this Paul Hookem on Twitter. I like his style.

Paul is a rock star. He was posting here for a while and dropping some sick photoshops and gifs. I think he may be associated with the program or press somehow.

7 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Damn yall some thirsty mofos. Those 4 ain't bad, but they sure as shit aren't top tier Texas girls. "They all have nice breasteses"  Huh? Girl on the right is rocking a training bra. 

ou sucks. 

First off fuck you very much. I don't have to explain my love for titties. 

Second, zoom in. She's not wearing a bra and has a decent rack being hidden by overalls (which someone should've advised against.)

10 hours ago, Assman said:

I only let my wife talk to me during commercial breaks, so as they were coming back from the break, she was still talking (naturally), but I was mesmerized by the set of tits seen above.  My eyes were glued to the TV, praying one would pop out, when she says "Well did you get a good look?" and I respond "No because the fucking score was in the way".  /csb

Username does not check out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Um. We’ll be baaacckk. 

I thought about that one. It was absolutely prophetic. However it lacked the ability to be dropped into conversation or used on a regular basis. There wasn't anything mimetic about it. Take the loss, pussy is absolutely something that fits that bill for how it came about.

I take pleasure that for 3 quarters we kicked their ass. 4th quarter will be a learning experience that will benefit us against teams rest of the year. Hate how it went down but the ousux offense can do nasty things at times and glad we closed it out. 

I can't imagine that we will repeat the penalties on offense and the defensive struggles again late.  I couldn't be sure if it was effort, out of position, or fatigue, or all the above on d but I doubt it will happen again.

Sterns definitely played his worst game. He looked a step slow all afternoon and missed a bunch of tackles. No doubt he will still turn out to be one of the greats.

I thought it was awesome how we never heard Kris Boyd's name. Murray was attacking Davis and Locke all game, so upon rewatch I'm going to take a closer look at our best cornerback who also gets a lot of unnecessary shit. I'd bet KB was blanketing someone all day.

16 hours ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Fuck Kurt Bohls at 6:10.  You didn't need to preface your fuckin question you dick.  It just proves my theory that his whole schtick is to say things to give himself credibility as being unbiased toward Texas.  That said he overdoes it and is overly and unduly critical.  

The reporter who joked about how they call it "QB power and not QB draw" to emphasize that they're tough... made it pretty obvious he doesn't know what power is which is pretty embarrassing as a sports reporter.  Especially since none of the three scores were power.

15 minutes ago, fellside said:

The reporter who joked about how they call it "QB power and not QB draw" to emphasize that they're tough... made it pretty obvious he doesn't know what power is which is pretty embarrassing as a sports reporter.  Especially since none of the three scores were power.

Yeah that was totally cringe. They actually ran QB draw at times, it's a pass look with a designed QB run. Then QB power is the same as HB power, it's a blocking scheme... What an idiot. Only in Austin I swear.

Some posts on here saying OUsucks LB was wanting to quit in the middle of the game. (Starts at post #31).
https://www.dirtburglars.com/forum/sports-forums/athletics/football/135022-the-better-defense-won

You read most fan boards like OU, LSU, etc, and you usually see a reasonably self aware fan base that is in touch with reality. Then, when you see posts from texags, it’s like they live on a completely different planet from reality.

Final Score:

W 48-45

First Downs:
Texas – 27
OU – 21

Third Down Conversions
Texas – 6-14
OU – 3-8

Total Yards:
Texas - 501
OU - 532

Passing:
Texas – 26-37, 324 yds, 3TD/0Int
OU - 20-27, 310 yards, 4/1

Rushing:
Texas - 38-177, 4.7 ypc, 3TD
OU - 31-222, 7.2 ypc, 2 TD

Texas – 33:50
OU – 26:10

Turnovers:
Texas: 0
OU: 3

Penalties:
Texas – 6-43
OU – 7-73

* - In every area except penalties, Texas exceeded its 2018 game average in these stats, and in every area except rush yards and penalties, OU under performed their 2018 average.

Edited by Disco Missile

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

You read most fan boards like OU, LSU, etc, and you usually see a reasonably self aware fan base that is in touch with reality. Then, when you see posts from texags, it’s like they live on a completely different planet from reality.

I was going to say the same.  They are biased but perfectly reasonable and complimentary to Texas at times. You’d never see that kind of reasonable even intelligent discussion from an aggy.  Anybody saying anything other than refs robbed them and bagmen would be shouted down immediately 

9 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Not the entire game, but every play in the game in about 40 minutes:

Nice:

Upon rewatch.

Almost more nervous than live.

So many critical plays that had to go our way.  Tight catches, weird Murray mistakes, 4th down success etc.  I realize there were also a few that didn't go  Texas' way.

Reminded me of the 05 MNC game in that way, except Texas was pulling this stuff off the whole game minus a 5 min period in the 4th.

Keep it going.  Lots of room for improvement.