Seguin, bitches!

jw4381

Who knew so many degenerates from Seguin would find their way to Surly.  Seguin was a great place to grow up, and still has the best breakfast tacos I've ever had in my life.  They've got a ton of strong places, but none will top the now closed Taqueria Gonzalez that was over near Guadalupe St. south of Kingsbury.  Can't tell you how much I would pay for just one more order of 1 Bacon, egg and cheese, 1 Chorizo egg and cheese,  a cup of menudo, and a lemonade from that place

I refer to Seguin as Breakfast taco capital of the world. There has to be more Taquerias per capita than any other town.

Glad to see that you know about Taqueria Gonzalez. That place was #1 ranked on our family list forever.

I do miss the King Pao chicken from Dragon Place. Nobody else makes it like them.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Mez2 said:

had our family reunion there this past summer at the power plant, that place is pretty kick ass.

When we've sat in the old building that is actually over the water where the turbines were, the service was a bit slow. I think when you get sat over there you almost get forgotten.

17 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Yeah i'm glad you're having a good time, but is there a consensus as to who the town is named for?  Asking for a friend.

Wait, was this in question?  Juan Seguin is all I've ever heard.  Hell, we used to take field trips to his grave site

32 minutes ago, JSB said:

Wait, was this in question?  Juan Seguin is all I've ever heard.  Hell, we used to take field trips to his grave site

Yeah, well there is a newspaper clipping from back in the day that refers to it as  Walnut Seguin Springs but more importantly the word Seguin is actually Choctaw  German and since the very existence of that word predates the person in our Texas history, TRUE history is on the side of the predated use of the word and not the cited history for over 100 years.  So some say the city was named after Juan Seguin but not all our history supports that so the logical thing to believe is that it is not true.  Seguin is the german word for ogre that lives under bridge  by the way.  And don't ask me why they just didn't keep it Seguin Springs if it wasnt named after good ole Johnny.  It sounds ridiculous i know but i assure you i'm right.

Edited by RollLeft