Where is The Best Whataburger?

Txlc

On October 24, 2018 at 10:08 AM, Pescado_Rojo said:

The one on Navarro and Business 59 in Victoria is like a fucking Oasis in the desert on the drive home from Seadrift after fishing all day. 

Bingo.  This is also our go-to spot for jalapeño cheddar biscuit and two taquitos at 3 AM on the way to goose hunt.  Always fun to roll to order breakfast on a Sunday morning while all the drunks are sobering up.

My go-to (and my favorite) is the Whataburger in Taft.  Hit it on the way back from Rockport many a time.  

Whataburger in Bastrop has always sucked ass.  Used to stop there on the way to visit the in-laws in Houston.  No mas.  Too many screwed up orders and long waits.

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

The taquitos and the jap cheddar sausage sandwich are insanely delicious. But nothing compares to the honey butter chicken biscuit. It's breakfast perfection. It's the Babe Ruth of fast food breakfast, while the taquitos and jap cheddar sausage sandwich are Ted Williams and Willie Mays. 

I like to order the honey butter chicken biscuit, on the jalapeno-cheddar biscuit rather than the standard one.  The combination of sweet and savory is delicious.

On 10/22/2018 at 2:03 PM, ChampKind said:

The one on Shepherd at Richmond (Houston) has always been solid.

Word.

I live in a relatively small city compared to Houston.  And of the seven Whataburgers here, I think they all are pretty solid.

Damn, I'm going to have to whataburger for lunch tomorrow for sure. Ringing in January 1, 2015 with hungover breakfast at the Corpus location was perfection. It's a great tone to set for the year, only problem being things can only get worse from there.

I don't remember most of my meals at the Lamar and Denson location, but I would bet i fucking loved them.

On 10/27/2018 at 1:16 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

Thought thread title was a trick and expected the correct answer to be, "All of them." Turns out, bad Whataburgers apparently exist ...

Even a bad Whataburger is better than most of the fast food available here.

Management of the store really drives the quality of the Whataburger location.  For example, there are two Whataburgers on Coit Road in Plano that are about 4 miles apart.  The one by the GWB is thoroughly meh, while the one just north of Spring Creek Parkway is outstanding.  

I drove back from Houston to Ft Worth yesterday. There's a criminally long stretch of I45N that has no Whataburgers. If you don't hit the one in Huntsville, you're boned. I learned the hard way. I wanted some goddamn taquitos yesterday. Instead I ended up stopping at shitty ass Bucees and having two of their breakfast tacos, which are an abomination.

The moral of this story is, even a bad WB is better than no WB at all.

1 hour ago, baboso said:

Management of the store really drives the quality of the Whataburger location.  For example, there are two Whataburgers on Coit Road in Plano that are about 4 miles apart.  The one by the GWB is thoroughly meh, while the one just north of Spring Creek Parkway is outstanding.  

Agree.  And east Plano is the only time I've considered getting out of my car to punch someone working a drive thru in their fucking face.

5 hours ago, TornACL said:

I drove back from Houston to Ft Worth yesterday. There's a criminally long stretch of I45N that has no Whataburgers. If you don't hit the one in Huntsville, you're boned. I learned the hard way. I wanted some goddamn taquitos yesterday. Instead I ended up stopping at shitty ass Bucees and having two of their breakfast tacos, which are an abomination.

The moral of this story is, even a bad WB is better than no WB at all.

i just looked on google because i didn't believe that such a thing was even possible.  but it is.  not a single one on 45 between corsicana and huntsville. 

has to be aliens. 

Don't know where the best one is, but the one in Decatur will not make that list. They're slow. Slower than normal Whataburger slow. Getting to it is a pita. The parking lot is jacked up because they share the lot with a drive thru Starbucks. Just nothing redeeming about that location.