Where is The Best Whataburger?

Txlc

Whataburger is my go to burger place since I first moved to Texas back in the 70's. That being said, the Whataburger in Nacogdoches has the best tasting burgers in the Whataburger universe. I am not sure why they taste better than any other Whataburger but they do. Loved them back in college and had the opportunity to eat there years later when passing through town on a trip. Just as great as I remembered. Of, course you might die of old age waiting for it to be cooked as it is also the Slowest Whataburger in the state but damn, it tastes great. Anyone else have a favorite Whataburger?

42 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The one closest to my house.

Why? Because it's closest to my house and I want fucking Whataburger ASAP as possible.

I wish this was true. But the closest one to me is off Airport Blvd in Austin, and I never recommend that one. I still go there routinely, but I don't recommend it, it's just not quality. My favorites are usually in the nearest small town. The closer to Corpus the better.

• Like 1

The one closest to my house (North Main and 45) is in danger of getting firebombed if they fuck up another one of my orders. The last three orders have been completely jacked up. The only thing worse than driving to Whataburger to pick up food to-go is...well, I can't think of anything worse.

The one on Shepherd at Richmond (Houston) has always been solid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Txlc said:

Whataburger is my go to burger place since I first moved to Texas back in the 70's. That being said, the Whataburger in Nacogdoches has the best tasting burgers in the Whataburger universe. I am not sure why they taste better than any other Whataburger but they do. Loved them back in college and had the opportunity to eat there years later when passing through town on a trip. Just as great as I remembered. Of, course you might die of old age waiting for it to be cooked as it is also the Slowest Whataburger in the state but damn, it tastes great. Anyone else have a favorite Whataburger?

I'll see your Nacogdoches Whataburger, and raise you the Whataburger in Corrigan.  Being a local, I've eaten at the Nac Whataburger many times, and up until a few months ago would have agreed with you.   Heading to Houston a while backI didn't want to stop as I was running late, but low and the hole, by the time I reached Corrigan I had to get my WB fix.   It was the best I had ever had, not to mention that seemed pretty fast for WB, with courteous and friendly service.

Edited by SHOOTER12

21 minutes ago, MAROON said:

have a friend who swears it's the one in Falfurrias.  I've been there and they do make a tasty burger - if you order correctly.

what do you mean "if"?  it's not like you have to say anything beyond a number and maybe "with cheese."  this isn't fucking in-n-out where you have to intricately describe the exact permutation of secret code in order to a get a burger that doesn't suck.

35 minutes ago, elfenix said:

what do you mean "if"?  it's not like you have to say anything beyond a number and maybe "with cheese."  this isn't fucking in-n-out where you have to intricately describe the exact permutation of secret code in order to a get a burger that doesn't suck.

Disagree - Do your want your jalapenos grilled or ungrilled? how about your onions?  You want the bun toasted on the inside and out or just outside, or not toasted at all?

6 hours ago, MAROON said:

Disagree - Do your want your jalapenos grilled or ungrilled? how about your onions?  You want the bun toasted on the inside and out or just outside, or not toasted at all?

while those may be more tasty, a standard #2 /w cheese is already tasty.  unlike a double double. 

15 hours ago, MAROON said:

have a friend who swears it's the one in Falfurrias.  I've been there and they do make a tasty burger - if you order correctly.

Damn straight. They also put a slight toasting on your taquito tortilla. 

Full disclosure: I’m from Falfurrias. 

17 hours ago, MAROON said:

the new whataburger app feature where you can customize yr burger as a call-ahead order is fucking awesome and dangerous. Definitely not for amateurs as there are some customizable options that can fuck up yr whataburger pretty quick. A gentle touch is best.

14 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

the new whataburger app feature where you can customize yr burger as a call-ahead order is fucking awesome and dangerous. Definitely not for amateurs as there are some customizable options that can fuck up yr whataburger pretty quick. A gentle touch is best.

If you're not careful:

1*Y3ZibsBlrVfWspy9HLANPQ.jpeg

I'm not seeing the fried egg option

6 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

the question is not where, the question is when.   the answer is to go inside and order a burger at 8am and they will make it better and fresher than any other time of the day.   science, bitches.  

11pm.  the magic hour.  #2 w/ cheese plus honey butter chicken biscuit. 

22 hours ago, futureman said:

the taquito, while delicious, is not their best breakfast offering.

9 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

I will fight you!

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

you’ll get a sausage-egg-and-cheese jap cheddar biscuit across the face if you do.  the superior breakfast offering.  

I don't often agree with future man.  But when I do, it's about sausage egg and cheese jalapeno cheddar biscuit from whataburger.

That said...

whynotboth.gif

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 2:03 PM, ChampKind said:

The one closest to my house (North Main and 45) is in danger of getting firebombed if they fuck up another one of my orders. The last three orders have been completely jacked up. The only thing worse than driving to Whataburger to pick up food to-go is...well, I can't think of anything worse.

My experience exactly.  And not just the closest but I've had fucked up order the last couple times from the TWO closest ones to my house.  I posted about it in the what do you order thread.  Damn it pisses me off...more than when other fast food places fuck it up for whatever reason.

So yeah, if there's all the sudden a rash of whatburger bombings in Texas, I guess Champ and I are busted.

My biggest drunk Whataburger order ever was 130am, #2 all the way, onion rings, Sausage BOB, Sausage egg and cheese taquito, apple pie, chocolate milkshake. 

Fuckin amazing. If you have the means, I highly recommend it. 

For some of you fat asses that may represent a mid afternoon snack but it was a challenge for me. 

8 minutes ago, TornACL said:

My biggest drunk Whataburger order ever was 130am, #2 all the way, onion rings, Sausage BOB, Sausage egg and cheese taquito, apple pie, chocolate milkshake. 

For some of you fat asses that may represent a mid afternoon snack but it was a challenge for me. 

Um, biggest drunk Whataburger was definitely a triple-meat/triple-cheese/with bacon and fries and onion rings.

30 minutes ago, TornACL said:

you mean like if we have $15 ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The taquitos and the jap cheddar sausage sandwich are insanely delicious. But nothing compares to the honey butter chicken biscuit. It's breakfast perfection. It's the Babe Ruth of fast food breakfast, while the taquitos and jap cheddar sausage sandwich are Ted Williams and Willie Mays.