The Worst

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

25 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Nobody has started a thread that properly encapsulates just how bad that loss was. Fuck everything about that gutless fucking loss.

and you can all go fuck yourselves.

Go fishing without waders. You won't feel a thing after 15 minutes.

** Also, please put me in your will.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Nobody has started a thread that properly encapsulates just how bad that loss was. Fuck everything about that gutless fucking loss.

and you can all go fuck yourselves.

2024 we get out of this pathetic conference. It's only 6 years away, you can make it that long.

2 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

Sam & the receivers balled out and the OL did okay. Tre Watson played his best game. But no one will remember it. 

Yep. Sort of like all the great defensive performances that got wasted last year. If only we could swap defenses with last year.

14 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Yeah, it's the worst when you're shitfaced 12 hours straight and have no chick with you for all of that.  I feel ya, bro.

Does not compute...

For those lamenting on the loss of talent on defense, I propose two questions:  1) is depth really a justification for having Roach at LB, and Hager on the DL?, and 2) is there anything we can offer good athletes (LJH) so that they stay?  Honest question - any way to incentivize them such that ncaa wouldnt be up our asses?

5 minutes ago, pacman said:

Flip side, we lost by one to a team we were supposed to lose to by one.

According to ESPiN predictor, 60% chance to lose at Tech, 64% to beat ISU,  85% to beat KU. 

Though I believe the predictor had us around 52% to win yesterday, so...

29 minutes ago, Panama Red said:

Ha ha, I was thinking more about our lack of being able to tackle people. I forgot _iaz likes to blitz at stupid times.

when there is cushion and the wr gets space and ball, he's got a bit of time to juke the defender.  It's like Kyrie Irving in space, he can fool you, but if are velcroed to him, he's not that effective. 

20 minutes ago, Izhmash said:

Does not compute...

For those lamenting on the loss of talent on defense, I propose two questions:  1) is depth really a justification for having Roach at LB, and Hager on the DL?, and 2) is there anything we can offer good athletes (LJH) so that they stay?  Honest question - any way to incentivize them such that ncaa wouldnt be up our asses?

I don't see LJH returning after the year he's having, but one can dream.  

One thing 1st half Mack did was keep players home and it showed with some really good/great seasons.  Dabo didn't have a single guy leave early last year even though he had 5 guys who would have been drafted in the first 1.5 rounds.  They attribute culture for Dabos success in keeping high NFL talent from leaving early, that and a chance to play Bama again for the title.  

The dynamic is shifting, more players are leaving early and it's a double edged sword.  The best chance to keep them is if there's a culture they love and a real chance to win big, but you need guys to stay around to have that shot at a title. Only Bama under Saban is immune because he has built a self fulfilling machine of talent and success that attracts the best talent coming out of HS every year.