Official Surly - Texas vs Iowa State Game Thread

Vertigo

The defense has looked really good. Montgomery is good, but I don't know that our basic gameplan defensively changes with him in there. We're not giving Purdy any time to get comfortable. Montgomery may be a little more dangerous on the screen pass, but we'll just have to see.

The offense has been really good, too, except for in some key moments in the red zone. You gotta credit ISU for standing up, too.

If Sam is fine, I still feel pretty good about this. You can always play what-if, but I'd much rather be up 14 than down 14, especially since we get the ball to start the half.

If he's not, well...furk.

7 minutes ago, Colonel Mustard said:

Have you watched our previous games this year? Exactly which game this year gives you the thought that we will easily put this game away?

I've watched every game this year. Todd Orlando knows how to scheme against a more traditional offense, esp one with a freshman qb. Plus I choose to be confident and optimistic since we've won more close games than we've lost. Also fuck ISU.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

They showed him going into the locker room early.  So yeah, he's probably getting it looked at.  Doesn't seem bad enough to keep him out in the 2nd half, though.

Baylor game everyone assumed it was the cut on his hand, he showed no outward sign his shoulder was screwed and even ran a play after the hit.

this time you could see he was hurting, he went to sideline and down on a knee.  This is a lot like what happened to that cross eyed  gooner QB, his maybe a little worse though.  Initial injury, couple weeks rest, couple more games and then finished it on a hard hit.