Official Surly - Texas vs Iowa State Game Thread

Vertigo

2 minutes ago, Topper13 said:

These LHN commercials are a beating

The worst is the ones where they are randomly in a field throwing footballs, talking, tailgating, shooting doves with Colt, chit chatting with Roger, and smoking blunts with Ricky.  

My issue is this—why are they in a field with nothing but pampas and fucking trees just wondering around?

Just now, Pancho Negro said:

The worst is the ones where they are randomly in a field throwing footballs, talking, tailgating, shooting doves with Colt, chit chatting with Roger, and smoking blunts with Ricky.  

My issue is this—why are they in a field with nothing but pampas and fucking trees just wondering around?

You have given this a lot of thought. It seems like they could be in cooler places 

Just now, NowThis said:

LHN isn't bad.  I don't really pay too much attention to the announcers, just watch the game. LHN is ok . You watch something for the commercials?

LHN had the misfortune of appearing at the beginning of an awful decade for UT football. As a network, it's actually pretty cool. I used to watch it all the time when I had more time to watch TV, and they had a lot of really cool shit. The show they used to have called Texas Insider where they'd do an episode each week on the previous week's matchup ruled. That's where this came from:

If Texas had been winning, I think most fans would have been thrilled with the LHN. When you're winning and want to just keep gobbling up the homer stuffing, the LHN is amazing. And, if Texas was winning, and thus people were tuning in and the channel was getting more viewers, their budget would be increasing.

• Like 2