Michigan @ Ohio State. 11 am CST. Fox

Parliament

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

NO IT DOESNT

jesus people.       if you say that then you are completely ignoring the fact that at some point you have to go for 2.  it doesnt matter if you go for 2 now and miss, or go for 2 later.... AND MISS.  the point is you still HAVE TO GO FOR 2- AND MAKE TWO..  and if you miss now, you know its no longer just a 1 possession game- its a 2 possession game.

would you rather have 4 seconds left on the clock at the end of the 4th qtr, and you score a TD.... but still need to go for 2 to tie.... and you MISS????    oh shit you just lost the game for sure, because there is no time left to get the ball back and score. 

at least if you miss early, you know you have to score one extra time. 

You do not know if you need to go for 2 in the future.  This is where you, and other dumbasses, go wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

NO IT DOESNT

jesus people.       if you say that then you are completely ignoring the fact that at some point you have to go for 2.  it doesnt matter if you go for 2 now and miss, or go for 2 later.... AND MISS.  the point is you still HAVE TO GO FOR 2- AND MAKE TWO..  and if you miss now, you know its no longer just a 1 possession game- its a 2 possession game.

would you rather have 4 seconds left on the clock at the end of the 4th qtr, and you score a TD.... but still need to go for 2 to tie.... and you MISS????    oh shit you just lost the game for sure, because there is no time left to get the ball back and score. 

Well, except you may not necessarily have to go for two with that much game remaining.  Now, if OSU kicks another FG, it's an 8 pt game instead of a 7 point game.  

1 minute ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Well, except you may not necessarily have to go for two with that much game remaining.  Now, if OSU kicks another FG, it's an 8 pt game instead of a 7 point game.  

Easier to make up for that decision later if you screw it up earlier. I’m for taking the risk when you’ve got the momentum. 

11 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

NO IT DOESNT

the problem with your theory is he didn't go for 2 after the 1st TD.  how do you explain that?  now if Michigan scores a TD OSU can win the game with a FG and its a 1 possession game. yes he will go for 2 but what if it is the last MU drive of the game.

chasing points now is stupid unless you go for 2 after every TD.   you can't calculate score and time/possessions this early in a 2 point game.

Edited by dcar00

6 minutes ago, NBMisha said:

You do not know if you need to go for 2 in the future.  This is where you, and other dumbasses, go wrong.

exactly.  you have to get later in the game to calculate to some degree the points and possessions.  he should have gone for 2 on the first TD if this was his thinking. In 17 tries they have scored 9 times.  so about a 50% rate.

7 minutes ago, NBMisha said:

This is true

Football math is hard

taking  the 7 early, see how the game plays out

if the other team misses a xpt or has to settle for a couple of fg instead of td

makes a huge difference 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think this desk is my favorite of all the CFB halftimes.

I think this chair is my favorite of all CFB 2nd quarters.  

2 minutes ago, DejaVu said:

This is probably the one year that I’d agree with this notion. Most years, it’s penis headed zombies at ESPN reciting from approved talking points. 

Clemson would be the other complete team.  

• Like 1

Back on the 2pt thing.  If you find yourself with the ball down 8 with under 2.5 or so minutes to play you have to score a TD and execute something that is basically a 50/50 shot.  If you find yourself down 9 at the end of the game you now have to score a TD and execute something that is at best a 20% shot (expected onside kick...unless you find yourself playing Texas, but that is another thread) . 

Not to mention being down one possession vs 2 changes how you do everything and the pressure of only being up one possession is greater on the defense and may impact their decision making as well.  

All things being equal I would keep a game within one possession or less as long as I can and take my shot at the end rather than chase 50/50 probabilities way too early.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

7 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

What a playcall! Jfc Harbaugh 

Looks like he is still calling plays for back in early 80's when he played..... needs to go with more 3 wide and expose the weak LBs and Safeties of Suckeyes in space..... 

If you spread Suckeyes out.... the Michigan running game will break more long runs too....

Edited by LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Has anyone heard how Ohio state gives out those helmet stickers? Do they have a weekly meeting going over who got what and why?

Sticker given every time they hit a woman and get away with it.

Stands for black eye, not Buckeye.

Edited by Casual Encounter