Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

CNN. talking head makes the point that the FSB has announced statements that are anti-Wagner, telling them to not obey Wagners leaders.  Putin is former KGB/FSB.  So the assumption is that Putin is done with Prigozhin.  A good point he made was that Prigozhin had to know that his statements recently that the justification for the war was a lie would not go over well with Putin. And so the real question is, would Prigozhin have said the things he saying or do the things he’s doing without first knowing that he had the support of elements within the Russian military and assets in Moscow. 

While he doesn’t say it, the question is whether Prigozhin is a crazy man - or a person with his finger on the pulse of, and the outlet for the entire country’s dislike of a war that’s destroying the country and killing its young men. 

I guess what I’m trying to say is

A338E67C-8DCA-441E-8BD7-3F0FBD067A12.jpeg.d4717a3e038c10de970489333ad6d5a9.jpeg

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

^Lol, here's the translation, things looking tense

There's a whole lot of reports flying around that those are actual regular Russian Army officers meeting with him, even generals, including the tweet you mentioned. I find that really hard to believe, because any Russian Army officers meeting with Prigozhin at this point might as well find a high-up window if Prigozhin loses.

I expect the rank-and-file to perhaps defect, because Shoigu and Gerasimov and the other generals aren't visiting the front lines, and don't give a fuck about them, to the point that they fuck over their families and pretend like those who were killed were simply missing, while Prigozhin is out there meeting up at the front lines and publicizing the deaths.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I wonder what the level of desertion in Ukraine by the Russians will be in the next few days?  Their lines might just suddenly be gone with troops in the Donbas withdrawing to Russia to join Wagner.  Troops in the south might mass surrender, and then comes the strange part, who will the Ukrainians trade them with to get their people back, Wagner, the MOD, a bit of both?  

Might be getting ahead of myself here with hope for Ukraine, but honestly, fingers crossed on all that.  

Also, I think Putin has hours to live.  

Edited by BamaATL
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I wonder what the level of desertion in Ukraine by the Russians will be in the next few days?  Their lines might just suddenly be gone with troops in the Donbas withdrawing to Russia to join Wagner.  Troops in the south might mass surrender, and then comes the strange part, who will the Ukrainians trade them with to get their people back, Wagner, the MOD, a bit of both?  

Might be getting ahead of myself here with hope for Ukraine, but honestly, fingers crossed on all that.  

Prigozhin is walking around very confidently.  For a dude that should be paranoid as hell, he's making himself seen and he is putting out video showing exactly where he is at, or at least has been.

Makes me think he's got insiders in the Russian Army.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

My sense on this is that Prigozhin is in “I’ve done something I can’t undo,  but maybe….”  mode. 

Whatever happens remember that Prigozhin is a war criminal and a regular criminal who was entirely dependent on the Russian state for everything. And he needs a Russian state that is aggressive and corrupt. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This report struck me as odd, at the time. Now, it looks like the offering of an off-ramp.

ST. PETERSBURG, June 17. /TASS/. The objective of Ukraine’s demilitarization has actually been mostly achieved, as Kiev is using fewer and fewer of its own weapons, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in an interview with RT Arabic.

"Indeed, Ukraine was heavily militarized at the time when the [special military operation] started. And, as [Russian President Vladimir] Putin said yesterday, one of the objectives was to demilitarize Ukraine. In fact, this objective has largely been achieved. Ukraine is using fewer and fewer of its weapons. And it is using more and more weapons provided by Western countries," Peskov said.

https://tass.com/politics/1634505

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Haha 5

https://twitter.com/antiputler_news/status/1672474730194927618?s=20

But objectively, someone understands how the Russian army was going to stop Wagner? All combat-ready units are at the front, at Putin's disposal are only the FSB and the National Guard, which is used to putting Navalny lovers on a bottle. Well, you can’t fight with a real 100,000th army with batons. One of Putin's chances to hold on to power is to publicly hand over Shoigu and Gerasimov to be torn to pieces, but this is unlikely, since Prigozhin has already been declared an enemy of the people. This means that a significant part of the front's units will have to be removed in order to transfer this front somewhere near Moscow.

^Ahh man, so much for sleep

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Not sure I agree. Haji Murad and all that. He may ride out on his stallion. 

Putin has to hammer him or he looses. Meanwhile run sabotage groups as the Russians start to move forces. 

And watch the south. The reason for peace was a- you control the land, b- we will stop bombing, and c- we withdraw. Dagestanis are sharpening blades. Time to read some old books. 

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Wait - so Prigozhin is going to stop and attack a town 10 mile short of Moscow?

Too soon dude. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

https://twitter.com/antiputler_news/status/1672474730194927618?s=20

But objectively, someone understands how the Russian army was going to stop Wagner? All combat-ready units are at the front, at Putin's disposal are only the FSB and the National Guard, which is used to putting Navalny lovers on a bottle. Well, you can’t fight with a real 100,000th army with batons. One of Putin's chances to hold on to power is to publicly hand over Shoigu and Gerasimov to be torn to pieces, but this is unlikely, since Prigozhin has already been declared an enemy of the people. This means that a significant part of the front's units will have to be removed in order to transfer this front somewhere near Moscow.

^Ahh man, so much for sleep

Night shift bro. And those morning folks always get the kolaches. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

One of Putin's chances to hold on to power is to publicly hand over Shoigu and Gerasimov to be torn to pieces, but this is unlikely, since Prigozhin has already been declared an enemy of the people. This means that a significant part of the front's units will have to be removed in order to transfer this front somewhere near Moscow.

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Putin has to hammer him or he looses. Meanwhile run sabotage groups as the Russians start to move forces. 

And watch the south. The reason for peace was a- you control the land, b- we will stop bombing, and c- we withdraw. Dagestanis are sharpening blades. Time to read some old books. 

21 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

My sense on this is that Prigozhin is in “I’ve done something I can’t undo,  but maybe….”  mode. 

Yeah, I see no off ramp in this for Prigozhin whatsoever - he's been declared an enemy of the state, multiple Russian officials/generals have went on the air declaring that he's attempting a coup/rebellion, and the fact that he straight-up took Rostov on Don after telling everybody he was going to is an outright threat to Putin and Russia-at-large.  Plus he's talking about going to Moscow.  Putin has had a shitload of people killed or poisoned for far less than what Prigozhin is doing.

And now we have all of his public statements about how the war is bad/waged on a false premise, how the Russian government is lying about casualties, etc.

Maybe a day or two ago, it could have been prevented if Putin allowed him to share some power with Shoigu/Gerasimov, similar to the Chechen stuff, but the Chechens didn't go into Russia and take over a major military hub and city of over a million people, and the HQ of the southern Russian forces.

And I think he had an arrangement with lower-ranking military officials in the Rostov on Don area.  It was too easy, and he clearly feels like he owns the place.  Would not surprise me if he only needed a few hundred Wagner forces to waltz in, meanwhile he sends thousands down the highway towards Moscow.

He's crossed his Rubicon.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Even if Putin could pull forces from the front lines in Ukraine, Wagner is already far closer to Moscow, and probably controls the best route or routes to get ahead of them. They might try to hit Wagner from the rear, but they have to catch up, first.  And then there are the holes/weak points left for Ukraine to exploit.  Hard time to be Russian MOD right now.

• Hook 'Em 3