Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

To some extent this approach favors the way Ukraine fights, even though it is not representative of what Western allies may have wished to see. Ukrainian forces prefer sequenced assaults, making fires the decisive element and exploiting with maneuver, less so using fires as a supporting component of a maneuver force. Ukrainian infantry has been conducting assaults typically as platoon- and company-sized elements. This is painfully slow and by itself cannot generate momentum, but Ukrainian units are generally better than Russian ones in the close battle. Ukraine is also likely sustaining less attrition by operating in small, dismounted units, but it offers less of an opportunity to achieve a rapid breakthrough. Similarly, with penetrating intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance, Ukraine has been gaining the advantage in the counter-battery battle over time. Steady decimation and blinding of Russian artillery fire by targeting counter-battery radars have helped Ukraine establish a visible fires advantage.

and...

Attrition makes for poor headlines, but it plays to Ukraine’s strengths

keep grinding 

Yeah, but attrition has costs:

That said...

And the successes keep coming:

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Attrition makes for poor headlines, but it plays to Ukraine’s strengths

I’m glad things are slowly turning, but it is nonsensical to say that attrition plays to Ukraine’s strengths. 

Have to hope the slow moving grind eventually causes big break because Ukraine cannot afford the same losses in manpower and equipment they’ve had the last 3 months proportionally all the way to the Sea of Azov. 

2 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Based on everything I have read there is no reason to believe that the same rate of attrition would occur all the way to Azov. Breaking through the 1st/2nd defensive lines opens it up for a thunder run all the way to the sea.

Yep. If the Russians had any serious reserves, they'd already be in the fight and Ukraine would not have been making the gains it has been making.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck this war criminal and her take on history. 1- The Crimean War was a war of aggression. Just like this one. Look how that turned out. 2- You folded in WW1 thanks to internal shit. The UK and US deployed troops to guard some secure locations. Food aid continued. 3- You never would have killed that many Germans without Lend Lease, which is kind of what we are doing for Ukraine today. 4- BRICS have no power. Wow, imagine a Bolivian division moving north to threaten the Ukraine. How would they get there? And ever seen their army? All special units are US trained and pretty pro-US. Oh, and they are not buying your weapons anymore. 5- Can Ukraine hit your tanning salon? Like when you are in it? 

Great allies you have today Russia! 

Yes, but WHY don't you have any allies?  The Russian World wonders.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

This is definitely on point. For a leader who is as obsessed about projecting an image of absolute power as Putin, it’s a bit humiliating to host Kim and beg for military support.

Military support in the form of Soviet designed equipment that Russia can't produce in meaningful quantities anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, statsman said:

I’m going to not go CR, but am going to warn about CR-

I’m a conservative. I like this thread (hate this war) because I think supporting Ukraine advances the cause of freedom. I have repped dozens of posters on this thread who would find almost no kinship with me on domestic politics. Finding common ground feeds my optimism about America. 

Im not the only conservative. This is a link to the podcast of Jim Geraghty, of National Review (and new conservative opinion writer at the WP). He went to Ukraine, and talks about it. He supports Ukrainian freedom and opposes Russian aggression. His 30 minute podcast, linked here, avoids domestic politics (except to note that most of our munitions aid is stuff we didn’t need) and describes Ukrainian efforts to resist, and atrocities by Russia. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/3-martini-lunch-podcast/id417007039?i=1000626706063

CR warning- for many of you, if you listen to any of his other podcasts, you will come back to this thread and neg rep me. Please don’t. 

You are in a safe place. Unlike the Ukrainians. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

This is definitely on point. For a leader who is as obsessed about projecting an image of absolute power as Putin, it’s a bit humiliating to host Kim and beg for military support.

What's hilarious is that Lil Kim is riding an armored train around Russia.  Paranoia/mental illness and he doesn't trust Putin to protect him.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m a conservative. I like this thread (hate this war) because I think supporting Ukraine advances the cause of freedom. I have repped dozens of posters on this thread who would find almost no kinship with me on domestic politics. Finding common ground feeds my optimism about America. 

Im not the only conservative. This is a link to the podcast of Jim Geraghty, of National Review (and new conservative opinion writer at the WP). He went to Ukraine, and talks about it. He supports Ukrainian freedom and opposes Russian aggression. His 30 minute podcast, linked here, avoids domestic politics (except to note that most of our munitions aid is stuff we didn’t need) and describes Ukrainian efforts to resist, and atrocities by Russia. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/3-martini-lunch-podcast/id417007039?i=1000626706063
CR warning- for many of you, if you listen to any of his other podcasts, you will come back to this thread and neg rep me. Please don’t. 
Thank you for being on the right side of history with this one view point, and thank you for supporting Ukraine.

Rather anachronistic with the current brand of conservatism, but there is room enough to caper.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

58 minutes ago, statsman said:

IMG-7139.gif

stop apologizing. If people can’t handle someone they don’t like, agreeing with them on this then they can pound sand. 

Films "Oppenheimer" and "Barbie" are disguised in Russian cinemas in order not to make the Ministry of Culture nervous.

The films are hidden under the titles "Freezing out" and "Fast Dates".

Earlier, the Russian Ministry of Culture recognized the films as immoral. The title "Fast Dates" apparently suits the values of the "Russian world" better.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Man, they have lost a lot of Ka-52s.  According to Wiki, they've built something like 200+, but lost about 31.  That's a huge part of the that fleet.  

I'm also not seeing nearly as many other rotary winged craft being downed of late.  

well gotta keep a few in reserve to hammer any potential internal threats. 

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Man, they have lost a lot of Ka-52s.  According to Wiki, they've built something like 200+, but lost about 31.  That's a huge part of the that fleet.  

I'm also not seeing nearly as many other rotary winged craft being downed of late.  

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

well gotta keep a few in reserve to hammer any potential internal threats. 

Ka-52s are probably the only helicopter that Russia has that can somewhat survive (although not very well) in a contested theater, and I wouldn't be surprised if the generals are pushing them hard to try and slow down the Ukrainians or are targeting Ukrainian breakthroughs.

Given that it's Russia, I wouldn't be surprised if half their fleet are hangar queens being used for parts.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ka-52s are probably the only helicopter that Russia has that can somewhat survive (although not very well) in a contested theater, and I wouldn't be surprised if the generals are pushing them hard to try and slow down the Ukrainians or are targeting Ukrainian breakthroughs.

Given that it's Russia, I wouldn't be surprised if half their fleet are hangar queens being used for parts.

Maybe if they cover them in tires the SAM's will bounce off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I agree.

Which tells me we are about to see a lot more Mi-24s and Mi-8s in the mix than we've seen previously because they have a ton of those.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I agree.

Which tells me we are about to see a lot more Mi-24s and Mi-8s in the mix than we've seen previously because they have a ton of those.  

At this point though, I feel like they've got to be running somewhat low on pilots.  You can't give them a few weeks training and send them out.  Well, you can.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I agree.

Well plus they have the ones India decided not to buy. Yay BRICS allies. 

Maybe the NORKS can give them a few. I hear the MI-24's in Nicaragua are still flying. Well sometimes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

At this point though, I feel like they've got to be running somewhat low on pilots.  You can't give them a few weeks training and send them out.  Well, you can.

Watching now. Spit out my coffee. 

More flying hours than a T-72 turret killed me. Dying here. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 1