Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

https://foreignpolicy.com/2023/09/05/yevgeny-prigozhin-assassination-vladimir-putin-wagner-deal-revenge/

The gist of this article is that Prigo was murdered NOT because of his March for justice on Moscow - but because part of the deal to let him live was that he had to let go of his African security empire, and that he ultimately refused to do so. The author of the article claims that it was this second bit of treachery that Putin could not let stand.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

23 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Just Romania, Moldova is really just a Soviet creation/relic.  Transnistria is sort of the last bastion of that.  (This is obviously painting with a broad brush, but more or less its pretty accurate).  

Yep they just need to move the border to the river. Once Ukraine wins they and Romania just need to roll into Transnistria and end that insurgency. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I wonder what the threshold for a NATO military response is? It's definitely not a wayward missile hitting some trees. I doubt it's even a wayward missile hitting a building with civilians.

I think a wayward missile hitting a building with civilians gets NATO into the missile defense business, perhaps putting in a no-fly zone for Russian missiles over Western Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 2

More sharks hating Russians. 

CNN — 

Three men on board an inflatable catamaran were pulled from the sea in the early hours of Wednesday after “several shark attacks” left their vessel partially sunken off the Australian northeastern coast.

Two Russians and one French national, ages 28 to 63, were on board the boat as it traveled from Vanuatu to the northeastern city of Cairns, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) said in a statement.

The 9-meter (30-foot) Russian-registered vessel appeared to run into trouble when sharks attacked its inflatable hulls.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/06/australia/australia-boat-shark-attack-intl-hnk/index.html

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

17 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I think the most we would see is a no fly zone and NATO SAMS closer to Western Ukraine to protect border regions. So a 30 mile shoot em down zone. But something bigger than this would have to happen. 

It's pretty discouraging thinking about the fact we could end this war in like 72 hours if we brought the thunder. But alas...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

Me reading this consumed-by-freakish-animal article:

Three men on board an inflatable catamaran were pulled from the sea in the early hours of Wednesday after “several shark attacks” left their vessel partially sunken off the Australian northeastern coast.

Two Russians and one French national, ages 28 to 63, were on board the boat as it traveled from Vanuatu to the northeastern city of Cairns, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) said in a statement.

The 9-meter (30-foot) 

oh-boy-excited.gif

Russian-registered vessel 

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e476cohmfmsm6lc3qyscf

• Hook 'Em 3