Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

anyone have the actual G20 statement on the war? I see articles discussing it but can't find the actual statement...

It’s a long one but the language you care about is in the second sub-section. Russia is a member of G20 so it’s not a shocker that the language was this weak.

https://www.g20.org/content/dam/gtwenty/gtwenty_new/document/G20-New-Delhi-Leaders-Declaration.pdf

• Hook 'Em 3

Cross posted from the Elon thread.

Re Elon turning off Starlink and blocking the Ukrainian attack on the Black Sea Fleet.

When those drones washed ashore harmlessly, it also gave Russia intact drones to dismantle and learn how to stop them. Elon shut the drones off in early Sept 2022. The drones washed up on the shore in late September 2022. It would have taken the Russians a long time to reconstruct enough of the drones to prepare defenses, but Elon just handed them some intact ones. 

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2022/09/ukraines-new-weapon-to-strike-russian-navy-in-sevastopol/

image.thumb.png.7ebd30e9141d998f19d7f695ec3ab2e6.png

Ukraine had launched 6 drones going for a surprise kill shot on the Russian Black Sea Fleet. Elon personally shut it off and told the Russian ambassador he did so. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/09/07/elon-musk-starlink-ukraine-russia-invasion/

He also called the Russian ambassador to assure him that Starlink was being used for defensive purposes only. “If the Ukrainian attacks had succeeded in sinking the Russian fleet, it would have been like a mini Pearl Harbor and led to a major escalation,” Musk says. “We did not want to be a part of that.”

How many civilians have Russian missile cruisers and missile subs killed since September 2022?

Elon is personally responsible for every one of those deaths. 

• Rage+1 9

25 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

From the translation it was stated they are exporting vs. producing diesel. 

With much of western removal of operations, they may well lack the technical ability for refinement, if they ever did it there in the first place, I don't know.  Interesting broadcast though by them, in the event of a blackout, their defense and nuclear arsenal is dependent on diesel power generation.  While I'm sure they have significant reserves for just such a purpose, it's an interesting tell by them.  

If there is ever a time to pucker your butthole, it's if we've evacuated our embassy in Russia (which isn't likely even now), followed by reports of mass blackouts in Russia.   Again, not at all likely, but a cyber attack on their electrical power generation would likely be our first move, particularly because their back up systems are dependent on diesel power generation, and that of course is very finite.  

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, George said:

I guess that’s the equivalent of a strongly worded letter?

Could be laying some groundwork. I have no doubt that the Russians are looking at this carefully, because it does justify building an air-defense bubble that extends into Western Ukraine.

7 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The ATACMS news is so infuriating...right when their advance has put most of everything within range we decided to open up the arsenal? I just don't understand what we're doing.

Holding back something that is extremely valuable to us - I know there's the escalation aspect as well with some politicians, but I wouldn't be surprised if we slow-rolled it a bit while we built up our backstock of ATAMCS, because we don't have as many as people think we do, and we started an upgrade program in 2016.

We've built 3,700 of them for the United States, South Korea, Romania, Greece, Bahrain, UAE, Taiwan, Turkey, Poland, up through 2015.  The numbers we shipped to the non-US militaries could easily top 500-750 or more (combined for all non-US countries).  We also used them in the first Gulf War, Afghanistan, and up through 2016, we fired over 600+ ATACMS.

We've produced 2,000+ M270s (which can each carry 2 ATACMS), and around 600 HIMARS (limited to one ATACMS).  I'm sure some of the bean counters/logistics/command folks have a set number of ATACMS they want to have for the US "just in case" and the remaining numbers (less than 3,000, plus minus whatever we shipped overseas) are probably close to that comfort zone for them.  The Army has nothing else like it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, B00M said:

How the fuck is a gas station state low on fuel? 

They could easily have some refineries that have gone offline either due to Western companies pulling out last year, or because of a lack of parts/servicing (from said Western companies).  And Putin's cronies don't have many ways to make money internationally these days - could be a lot of fuel flowing out of Russia through proxies for sale on the international markets.

Tom Clancy and Larry Bond wrote a little novel in the 1980s, Red Storm Rising, that got into a scenario of the Soviets running low on fuel, causing them to move against the West because they were paranoid the West would move agianst them if they found out they were low on fuel.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Some weird shit - talk of lots of vehicles moving to the Armenian border, reserves being called up, etc.

Russia can't do a fucking thing right now about it.

friends fail GIF

Hence Turkey threatening Iran.  I'm sure the Israeli's are just gonna sit out someone fucking up Iran, though the Turks and the Israeli's will sure make for strange bedfellows.  

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Hence Turkey threatening Iran.  I'm sure the Israeli's are just gonna sit out someone fucking up Iran, though the Turks and the Israeli's will sure make for strange bedfellows.  

It depends - Israel would love to send special forces to set back Iran’s nuclear capabilities a few decades.

• Hook 'Em 1

Russian media report that Kadyrov, worried and frightened by a sudden worsening of his health condition, accused his personal doctor, Elkhan Suleimanov, who also served as deputy prime minister, of trying to poison him. 

The doctor disappeared without a trace from October 2022, and then, according to several sources, he was removed from all posts, brutally murdered and buried alive.

Suleymanov's last Instagram post is dated October 2022, despite the fact that he used to update his profile almost daily. He was also not seen for a long time either in Moscow educational institutions, which he often visited, or in Chechnya. Noticeably, his Instagram page shows a link to the website of the Chechen Republican Oncological Dispensary, which was his main project. However, the source claims that this site now sells cocaine in Dubai.

Suleymanov was an extraordinary figure in Kadyrov's entourage - he was a Lezgin, not a Chechen, and had an impressive professional record in medicine. His abrupt disappearance and mysterious death raise many questions

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Ottoman Empire was a safe haven for Jews for centuries. Sure it was more than 100 years ago, but that's like last week in those parts.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Poland has realized it can create a common European defense policy, it just has to create a military stronger than most of the rest of Europe combined.

Yeah, I listened to a speech announcing a bunch of the new weapons systems, and one of the reasons for their buildup was something about "Lebensraum" which doesn't sound like a Polish word (this was Google's translation of Polish-Engilsh), and Kaliningrad, which doesn't sound like a Polish city.  Not sure what that was about.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 7

On 9/9/2023 at 4:08 PM, InkaUtexas said:

What Russian Air Defense doing? 

We need to do this with a UT Flag over college station. 

If aggy started firing into the air and trying to shoot it down, as soon as the bullets started falling back to earth, they'd lose their collective mind and claim they were under attack and that the flag was returning fire.

• Hook 'Em 5

That French self-propelled gun that @Schulz2.0 posted above - if they are actually in the combat theater, that's crazy that they aren't shooting and scooting.  I'm guessing they've got drones picking out targets for them based on the delay between rounds, and also the lack of shoot-and-scoot means they aren't worried about Russian counter-battery fire.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That French self-propelled gun that @Schulz2.0 posted above - if they are actually in the combat theater, that's crazy that they aren't shooting and scooting.  I'm guessing they've got drones picking out targets for them based on the delay between rounds, and also the lack of shoot-and-scoot means they aren't worried about Russian counter-battery fire.

Its really fascinating observing how the battle field tactics have changed with technology. I'm guessing the AFU have achieved artillery supremacy in that area by way of an army of spotting drones and loitering munitions and HIMARS on tap to silence any attempted russian counter battery fires. Plus, ivan seems to be having trouble getting supplies to the front line so there just may not be any shells to shoot back

• Hook 'Em 6

46 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Its really fascinating observing how the battle field tactics have changed with technology. I'm guessing the AFU have achieved artillery supremacy in that area by way of an army of spotting drones and loitering munitions and HIMARS on tap to silence any attempted russian counter battery fires. Plus, ivan seems to be having trouble getting supplies to the front line so there just may not be any shells to shoot back

Also, we didn't see what happened before or after that 1:30.  So they easily could've rolled up before, ripped off a couple shots, and then rolled on.

• Hook 'Em 3