Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

On 11/21/2023 at 8:35 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

SIAP (I did look, sorta). Is this person legit?

Bad ass if true:

If you watch the video, the flight time of the bullet was about 10 seconds.

So, the speed of the bullet would be about 380 m/s. Surly ballistics experts, does that sound about right? Seems a little slow?

About right according to the ballistics table for the popular .338 Lapua sniper round.

F868599A-3572-45EB-9B2C-D945F9F3D300.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 4

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Don't know why they are putting this on CNN, but interesting, with an Austin connection

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/21/politics/ukraine-power-grid-equipment-cisco/index.html

Always interesting how this stuff comes together

Seems like if the GRU was sabotaging Polish companies, that would draw a lot more attention.

US flew expects to Ukraine in 2015 to study Russian attacks.

Texas are gonna keep Ukrainian power on through the winter.  Uh….

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, US Grant said:

Pretty serious tone change from a guy about as connected as you could get in geopolitics. Richard Haass.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/11/21/richard_haass_we_need_to_lower_our_goals_in_ukraine_be_happy_with_protecting_80_of_the_country.html

"What concerns me is when people get disillusioned and increasingly come to the -- where you and I are, that as desirable as it is, it's simply not feasible. They're going to increasingly say, and we're hearing it in the House, we're hearing it in parts of Europe, why should we keep doing this? We're already stressed. We're trying to support Israel. We're worried about Taiwan. Even if we give everything we need to give or want to give to Ukraine, it still won't lead to success.

What I argue, therefore, is the United States needs to have some very direct conversations with Ukraine, with President Zelensky. Talk about reducing their emphasis on liberating land and put emphasis onto holding what they've got. In the long run, diplomatically through sanctions, yes, we can try to see the rest of their territory returned.

For right now, let's have 80% of this country saved, 80% of this country rebuilt. I would actually propose a cease-fire as an interim arrangement to expose the Russians for what they are, so we can rebuild support for Ukraine in this country.

But we've had two fighting seasons. The idea that one or two or three more years of this is going to result in success, I simply don't see it. Russia is on a war footing. They have access also to arms from North Korea and Iran. I just think, yeah, any time in foreign policy, any time in life there is a big gap between what you're trying to do and your ability to do it, you've either got to increase your means or lower your goals. I think here, the only realistic option as a tactical measure, is to lower our goals."

Yes....   Let's listen to Haass...

In April 2023 former U.S. officials including Richard Haas, Charles Kupchan, Thomas Graham, and Mary Beth Long, among others, were reported to have conducted unofficial meetings with Russian diplomat Lavrov.[16] In an extensive article published by the Council on Foreign Relations' Foreign Affairs, Haass and Kupchan detailed what they termed as a "a plan for getting from the battlefield to the negotiating table." These interactions were allegedly centered on adjusting U.S. policy with the intent of facilitating Russia's acquisition of Ukrainian territory, an action that is purportedly in violation of U.S. law. The engagement of former U.S. officials in informal dialogues with Russians has led to a schism among American diplomats, foreign policy academics, and national security experts. Michael McFaul, former U.S. ambassador to Russia under President Obama, voiced concern that conversations about potential resolutions involvement of Ukrainian representatives, could undermine the stance of the Biden administration insisting that Ukraine’s future can't be decided in backrooms: “If you’re having Track Two negotiations about how to end the war, Ukrainians have to be there,” said McFaul.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_N._Haass

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

A while back, the Polish Ambassador to France stated that is Ukraine fails to dislodge Russia, Poland would feel obligated to enter the war. I would find it unsurprising if they did. The hate Russia with the fire of a thousand burning suns and they are gearing up their economy to put it on a war footing.

I know that some people don't believe Putin is trying reestablish Russian primacy by rebuilding the empire, but that's exactly what all the eastern block countries believe, probably because Putin has stated his clear objective over and over again.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, US Grant said:

For right now, let's have 80% of this country saved, 80% of this country rebuilt. I would actually propose a cease-fire as an interim arrangement to expose the Russians for what they are, so we can rebuild support for Ukraine in this country.

This right here shows he's either a dumbass or in Putin's pocket, or both.   Putin and his cronies (especially Russian state media) have publicly made it clear that they will not stop until they take over all over Ukraine, and that once they are finished with Ukraine, they will go after other European countries.  Putin is publicly telling everybody what he intends to do.

5 hours ago, US Grant said:

Russia is on a war footing. 

They are on a war footing, yet they've spent 21 months trying and failing to capture Avdiivka.  That's some war footing.

watching arrested development GIF

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Russia in a Nutshell.

They really don't care about their wounded.  No surprise, Putin doesn't value their lives at all, nor do their commanders.

Also, that one Russian is going to have one helluva case of PTSD if he comes out of this alive.  But I'm hoping karma catches up to him and that he gets wounded and bleeds out as his fellow soldiers leave him to die in the middle of a battlefield.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

A while back, the Polish Ambassador to France stated that is Ukraine fails to dislodge Russia, Poland would feel obligated to enter the war. I would find it unsurprising if they did. The hate Russia with the fire of a thousand burning suns and they are gearing up their economy to put it on a war footing.

I know that some people don't believe Putin is trying reestablish Russian primacy by rebuilding the empire, but that's exactly what all the eastern block countries believe, probably because Putin has stated his clear objective over and over again.

As my Polish friends say, the Nazis were fucking terrible, but the Russians haven't paid for what they've done to us yet.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Poland has every right to be worried, although Moldova and Georgia would be up next (albeit Romania may be helping to take care of Moldova).  If Putin annexed Belarus in his own little Anschluss 2.0, then Poland should definitely be antsy.

Still, Putin has been sending thousands of Russians to die trying to take a town that they've been trying to take since February of last year,  which all goes back to if Russia had any ability on the battlefield to do something dramatic, we would have seen it. There's still noise about another mass mobilization after Putin's next "election", but a bunch of the economist types are questioning whether it's possible for him to do it and not fully collapse Russia's economy.  It's hard to see where it relates to how the Soviet Union was in the 80s and their economic issues, but they lost 20% of their GNP between '89-'91 due to oil issues and trade with Eastern Europe drying up, which kind of mirrors now...

Still, Russian and its mighty army and Air Force can't take the town below after 21 months.

• Hook 'Em 3

Had a long talk with Lt. Bearschlong over the past few days, and this conflict is causing wholesale changes in US Army doctrine. Armor and artillery is now obsolete. The future Army will travel at 60Mph on 4-wheelers and technicals under a phalanx of drones and missiles, blanketed with offensive and defensive electronic warfare systems. Light and nimble.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Had a long talk with Lt. Bearschlong over the past few days, and this conflict is causing wholesale changes in US Army doctrine. Armor and artillery is now obsolete. The future Army will travel at 60Mph on 4-wheelers and technicals under a phalanx of drones and missiles, blanketed with offensive and defensive electronic warfare systems. Light and nimble.

Light cavalry rides again.  Will they get lances too?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

Begun, the drone wars have.  No but really do you know how long it takes the Army to change its doctrine? Like decades. 

And nobody listens to Lieutenants.

• Hook 'Em 2

Begun, the drone wars have.  No but really do you know how long it takes the Army to change its doctrine? Like decades. 
And nobody listens to Lieutenants.

Yes on both fronts, but no kid in their right mind is watching drone videos on Reddit thinking sign me up for that.

My son’s biggest fear is field grade and general officers with PowerPoint decks. And the 82nd is already pivoting away from human recon.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

And we are back to old junior officers (he went to some military/political school in the USSR days) - his family didn't bother paying for a fancy portrait, they just grabbed a photo from back before he shipped out to Ukraine I'm guessing.

But then we get a 24 year old with a shitty Photoshop (it's not too bad, but they didnt' bother with the background and the shadows are off.

And a 23 year-old, whose family I guess didn't pay for any photoshopped medals or a fancy background

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

"Look kids, your daddy fought and died so that we could put this plaque on the wall and a Lada in the driveway.  Don't we love President-for-Life Putin?"

Russia mobilized this 39 year-old dentist to...become a lieutenant in military intelligence and not do dentist things and instead die.

Keep eliminating the dentists, Putin, and you'll make it hard for RussianWivesWantingtoMarryWesterners.com to do their thing (but the photoshoppers will get paid).

• Hook 'Em 3

"But the Russians aren't trying to recreate the Soviet Union or the Russian Empire, no matter what Glorious President-for-Life Putin or our friends on Russian state TV say! I don't know why people get that impression!"

What is that on his shoulder?

F_nv8AeXEAA_KqS?format=jpg&name=large

Super Troopers Reaction GIF by Searchlight Pictures

F_n1ObxWMAAB0Qq?format=jpg&name=small

free-shipping-xvggdg-NEW-90-150cm-Russia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Russian_flags#Monarch'_flags

And what's that patch on his cap?

F_nv_uLW4AAeoDy?format=jpg&name=900x900

"Let's work brother" ????

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

If you follow the Killed in Ukraine account, as well as some of the other similar accounts, you'll notice that a lot of the junior officers (lieutenants/sr lieutenants) who were killed over say the last 6 months or so, were mobilized/conscripted well after the general invasion in February of last year, with many, maybe most, having been mobilized since the start of this year (or at least entering service).

This applies both to the old guys (like the retired police officer above) as well as the young guys who came out of actual, formal military schools/academies.  A lot of these older officers actually had professional backgrounds (dentist, engineers, and retired police officer on this page), which means they had "decent" jobs, and many had families (wife/kids).

I'd be curious what the data folks are making of all of this, but it's just interesting that so many junior officers who were killed over the past 6 months or so had entered service this year.  That tells me that they are losing a shitload of officers if they are having to rely on newly-minted officers to fill the junior commissioned ranks with recently-mobilized (and many are company commanders or in similar levels of responsibility), and it also means that either most of the junior officers who entered prior to February of 2022 were killed last year, or the ones that weren't, are now field-grade officers.

I mean, we know they are losing a shitload of officers (see below) as they've lost 2,100 junior officers, but it's still wild to think of how many platoon and company-sized units are relying on commanders who weren't in uniform a year ago.

I also wonder if those older junior officers that we are seeing killed were forcibly mobilized, or were lured in with promises of a decent paycheck.  A part of me thinks that the older guys probably know how bad things are, and given how many have families, were forced to join, especially since the ages have been steadily raised.  Just using the examples above, there can't be much that's appealing to an engineer or dentist with a family, or a guy who was retired.

F_tSzvPX0AAziFu?format=png&name=medium

And the numbers above are the ones that have been formally verified - the Russian government is constantly forcing people and local governments to take death notices down.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

If you follow the Killed in Ukraine account, as well as some of the other similar accounts, you'll notice that a lot of the junior officers (lieutenants/sr lieutenants) who were killed over say the last 6 months or so, were mobilized/conscripted well after the general invasion in February of last year, with many, maybe most, having been mobilized since the start of this year (or at least entering service).
This applies both to the old guys (like the retired police officer above) as well as the young guys who came out of actual, formal military schools/academies.  A lot of these older officers actually had professional backgrounds (dentist, engineers, and retired police officer on this page), which means they had "decent" jobs, and many had families (wife/kids).
I'd be curious what the data folks are making of all of this, but it's just interesting that so many junior officers who were killed over the past 6 months or so had entered service this year.  That tells me that they are losing a shitload of officers if they are having to rely on newly-minted officers to fill the junior commissioned ranks with recently-mobilized (and many are company commanders or in similar levels of responsibility), and it also means that either most of the junior officers who entered prior to February of 2022 were killed last year, or the ones that weren't, are now field-grade officers.
I mean, we know they are losing a shitload of officers (see below) as they've lost 2,100 junior officers, but it's still wild to think of how many platoon and company-sized units are relying on commanders who weren't in uniform a year ago.
I also wonder if those older junior officers that we are seeing killed were forcibly mobilized, or were lured in with promises of a decent paycheck.  A part of me thinks that the older guys probably know how bad things are, and given how many have families, were forced to join, especially since the ages have been steadily raised.  Just using the examples above, there can't be much that's appealing to an engineer or dentist with a family, or a guy who was retired.
F_tSzvPX0AAziFu?format=png&name=medium
And the numbers above are the ones that have been formally verified - the Russian government is constantly forcing people and local governments to take death notices down.

It is truly astounding. The Russians are apparently creating and then further compounding their demographic death spiral.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1