Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

In the absence of factual information, I'll make some up use my idle time wisely. 

My GoogleEarth map, showing main railroads in Occupied Ukraine

The NE-SW line from Volnovakha-Polohy-Tokmak-Melitopol is the critical supply line to Crimea, and basically everything Southwest of Donetsk.  Controlling any portion of the line isolates Crimea by rail, and cuts off any Russian troops to the west from supplies by rail. 

image.thumb.png.7c9bda42919e535e7182c63a53437b0a.png

Same map, zoomed in, showing the main roads & highways, depicting how those smaller towns are choke points of road & rail traffic across Russian occupied Ukraine. Interesting thought on the movement of Russian troops from the flooded Dnieper River. Were they moved far enough east to provide meaningful support or will they be cut off and isolated by advancing Ukraine troops? Pretty much all cultivated farmland from there to the coast, "...I'm ten years burning down the road...Nowhere to run ain't got nowhere to go."

image.thumb.png.83213338836b31fa778378ef726d19cc.png

image.png

• Hook 'Em 6

Hungary is preparing a provocative press conference with Ukrainian prisoners of war, who were handed over to Hungary by the Russian Orthodox Church.

It is reported that the prisoners should tell about forced mobilization, bad conditions at the front, and express gratitude to Hungary and the Russian Orthodox Church.

This press conference was a mandatory condition for the removal of prisoners from the Russian Federation.

• Rage+1 7

I love to see the HIMARS take out a clustered group of Russian leadership, but make no mistake- Ukrainian civilians are going to pay for it, with their lives, and tortured before dying. That’s what happened in Kharkiv and Bucha- when things start going south, they decide the locals must be helping and the Russians get real vicious. 

• Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Hungary is preparing a provocative press conference with Ukrainian prisoners of war, who were handed over to Hungary by the Russian Orthodox Church.

It is reported that the prisoners should tell about forced mobilization, bad conditions at the front, and express gratitude to Hungary and the Russian Orthodox Church.

This press conference was a mandatory condition for the removal of prisoners from the Russian Federation.

The fuck is wrong with this guy?  I get he wants to march along as dictator of Hungary, but how does provoking the rest of the EU help him with that in the long run?  

1 minute ago, statsman said:

I love to see the HIMARS take out a clustered group of Russian leadership, but make no mistake- Ukrainian civilians are going to pay for it, with their lives, and tortured before dying. That’s what happened in Kharkiv and Bucha- when things start going south, they decide the locals must be helping and the Russians get real vicious. 

They're going to do that anyhow.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, statsman said:

That was a storm shadow strike (doesn't change your point).,

There aren't that many locals in the area. That's on the spit at the mouth of the Dnipro. It was a tourist area previously. 

I don't think Bucha had anything to do with partisans. The people responsible for those horrors were ordered to clear the area of human beings. Not as a reprisal, but as a strategy to sow terror and to make sure there wouldn't be any distractions. 

I'm not sure what you're referring to with Kharkiv. Russia has never occupied it. 

To me Russians are going to be vicious regardless. They abduct children. They blow up prisoners of war. They execute civilians with gunshots to the back of their heads. They blow up dams, but first make sure they've taken or destroyed every flotation device for the people who will be most impacted before they do so. Then they shoot at people who try to evacuate, and shell evacuation centers.

They target hospitals and medical personnel, even setting up traps where they can target anyone taking away the wounded. 

They destroy any cultural references to the Ukrainian people. They burn books written in the Ukrainian language. They erase any reference to Ukraine, its culture, and its people in the history taught in the occupied areas. 

They keep food from being exported. They annex territory in sham referendums, even when it's likely they might have passed with a majority vote in a legitimate one. They threaten the use of nuclear weapons indiscriminately. They purposefully risk nuclear meltdown at the nuclear power plant under their control, up to and including using it as a hostage for staging military equipment. 

They imprison their own citizens to long terms simply for not agreeing with the war. They arrest American citizens and then give them no access to the outside world. I can't remember the exact quote, but someone above in the thread stated what they can't control, fuck, or steal, they simply destroy.

I don't think destroying a building housing military personnel changes the equation much at all. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Isn't forced "parading" of prisoners of war a crime?  Or is Hungarian dickhead here off the hook because it's "voluntary"?

Fuck this guy nevertheless.

Edited by 27-25
typo
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

There had to be a better way of making his point. The US isn't going to get that experience, either, because we wouldn't do such a thing. It's not a bug. It's a feature. And I don't know about the whole "no other Western-style military" thing. Is Israel not a western style military? How is he so sure no other western style military is capable of it?

I'm all for being rah rah Ukraine, but there are plenty of ways to do that without hyperbole. Not impressed. 

This is about desperation on one level. Ukraine needs to do something to prove this isn't a static war of attrition, and they can't wait for Western allies to provide enough air power to neutralize the Russian advantage in the theater of operation. They've admitted as much. So they're going in anyway. God speed.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

There had to be a better way of making his point. The US isn't going to get that experience, either, because we wouldn't do such a thing. It's not a bug. It's a feature. And I don't know about the whole "no other Western-style military" thing. Is Israel not a western style military? How is he so sure no other western style military is capable of it?

I don’t know if Israel could.  They have less than a quarter of Ukraine’s population and a much smaller active-duty military.  Granted, they could swell their ranks with  their reserves, but their military has, over time, changed to match up their immediate threats (and countries are not going to invade them with the nuclear thing hanging over their heads).  

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

This is about desperation on one level. Ukraine needs to do something to prove this isn't a static war of attrition, and they can't wait for Western allies to provide enough air power to neutralize the Russian advantage in the theater of operation. They've admitted as much. So they're going in anyway. God speed.

Yep.   They have a lot of MANPADS and other more tactical AD so hopefully that’ll be enough.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

Meanwhile, back further to the western end of the front.

The last minute of that long video for those that didn’t watch:

A Russian military leader says something to the effect of “I wouldn’t get too excited about any defenses we have managed to put up. This isn’t the main attack, they have 600 tanks waiting just behind the front.”

Please, please, please be an absolute slaughter.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The last minute of that long video for those that didn’t watch:

A Russian military leader says something to the effect of “I wouldn’t get too excited about any defenses we have managed to put up. This isn’t the main attack, they have 600 tanks waiting just behind the front.”

Please, please, please be an absolute slaughter.

This looks wide enough to get a major mechanized force thru.  If they can get thru behind them, man o man would that be the best news.  Even if right now they can only get the rest of Kherson and East Zaporizhzhia this is a huge success.  Fingers crossed.  

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

This looks wide enough to get a major mechanized force thru.  If they can get thru behind them, man o man would that be the best news.  Even if right now they can only get the rest of Kherson and East Zaporizhzhia this is a huge success.  Fingers crossed.  

Hey, UT had an amazing ninth inning tonight, well that has nothing to do with this, but anyways, yeah, if the Ukrainians are pulling off such big moves...and every 10 or 20 km they gain moves the HIMARS and other artillery that much deeper.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hey, UT had an amazing ninth inning tonight, well that has nothing to do with this, but anyways, yeah, if the Ukrainians are pulling off such big moves...and every 10 or 20 km they gain moves the HIMARS and other artillery that much deeper.

I mean, seriously, fuck the trees. I don't even care if it's off-topic, that was absolutelyfuckinglegendary.

"Rebuilding year," bitches.

• Hook 'Em 5