Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

On 3/28/2022 at 6:28 AM, Shady Ray said:

However, as I said in one of my longcat posts of the past, gauging German sentiment is VERY difficult to do. Germans at large simply do not behave the same way as other western electorates when it comes to public display of politics. That whole Nazi/Stasi Combo tends to do that. They are not particularly vocal - individually or as an interest group/block outside of Organized Labor. They don’t tend to demonstrate. They don’t tend to openly discuss controversial matters and the difference between a German speaking outside of the house and a German speaking in the privacy of their own homes is extremely different.

Wait... what?   Germans don't project their political opinions into the world?  What do they do when a hot political take enters their brain?  Does it just... stay there, unexpressed?  How is that even possible?  What could they possibly have to tweet about?

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Wait... what?   Germans don't project their political opinions into the world?  What do they do when a hot political take enters their brain?  Does it just... stay there, unexpressed?  How is that even possible?  What could they possibly have to tweet about?

I think the sentiment is that they are a reserved group for the most part, and their more stoic external side may hide their more personal sentiment about matters?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I get the pushback on aircraft.  Even if it's Ukraine pilots in there, its NATO ordnance, NATO maintenance, NATO navigation, etc.  

But sorry, I don't even see China or the dipshits of America giving much of a shit after learning that a battery of mobile anti-aircraft defense missile systems were taken by some Polish soldiers to the Ukraine border and left over night.  

"Uh, a couple of soldiers took it to get washed Captain..."
"TOOK IT TO GET IT WASHED?!?!?!?!?!" 

9 hours ago, Thatguy said:

There you are.... Standing there having lost all the things you held dear in life. Man, people go into a murderous rage simply from finding out their significant other cheated on them and you think they wouldn't if they lost all of them? I would kill as many Russians as I could with gritted teeth. Why? Because I have nothing left to live for except extinguishing their lives, that's why. Right now my fear is only not being able to come home to my family. Not seeing my wife's smiling face. Not seeing my daughter play sports. Take that away from me and you just uncapped a rage that would likely only be extinguished when my casket is lowered in the ground.

Don't forget to have someone erase your browser history.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, texasdago said:

So if Russia starts focusing (aka retreating) to other parts of the country, why shouldn't the Ukranian forces then focus on pushing them out of there?  Can't they also decide to start going after Crimea?

Push their pussy asses back into Russia and completely humiliate Putin?

Workaholics GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Alpha 1? Come on man. Might as well've just called it the 'former' American special ops led special ops team.

I do wonder who's over there.  I'd bet my last dollar we have active, Tier I team sneaking around and lending support.  Probably a large contingent of Tier II Special Forces as well (Green Berets) as this is their bread & butter.

But then you have all the others?  Blackwater?  Other "agency" people?  Ground Branch probably.  Various other EU teams.  Wonder how many "victories" attributed to the UA were facilitated by Western trained/backed teams pulling the strings?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

On the first one it was reported in the last 48 hours that NATO now has every piece needed in theatre for doing a no fly zone over Ukraine.

There will be no NATO No Fly Zone. There may be a Zone of NATO ground to air fuck around and find out. All air assets beside drones need to be Soviet design. Fortunately, there's lots of them around the world for sale.

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

There will be no NATO No Fly Zone. There may be a Zone of NATO ground to air fuck around and find out. All air assets beside drones need to be Soviet design. Fortunately, there's lots of them around the world for sale.

It was posted waaaay upthread but someone said that the former Warsaw Pact members of NATO need to empty their stockpiles of former Soviet gear (guns, ammo, tanks, aircraft, etc.) and ship it to Ukraine. This allows Ukraine to continue to re-arm while opening the door for the new NATO members to modernize. 

10 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I do wonder who's over there.  I'd bet my last dollar we have active, Tier I team sneaking around and lending support.  Probably a large contingent of Tier II Special Forces as well (Green Berets) as this is their bread & butter.

But then you have all the others?  Blackwater?  Other "agency" people?  Ground Branch probably.  Various other EU teams.  Wonder how many "victories" attributed to the UA were facilitated by Western trained/backed teams pulling the strings?  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-us-armys-green-berets-quietly-helped-tilt-the-battlefield-a-little-bit-more-toward-ukraine/ar-AAVqQfJ?li=BBnb7Kz

The U.S. Army's Special Forces, better known as Green Berets, have had a deep impact on Ukraine's fight to defend itself from a Russian invasion, despite not being directly involved in the conflict.

"Ukraine was taken very seriously by Special Forces," retired Green Beret Sergeant Major Martin Moore told Fox News Digital. 

After Russia's annexation of Crimea in 2014, a move that faced minimal resistance, the Ukrainian military began an effort to modernize its forces to prepare for possible further Russian incursions into the country. The U.S. military also quickly stepped in to help, with the Army's Green Berets, taking on a critical role in training Ukrainian forces.

While elite military units such as the Navy SEAL teams garner widespread attention, the Army's Green Berets are fanned out across the world helping Army's prepare for wars similar to the one now being fought in Ukraine. This work is typically done quietly, something Moore said Green Berets prefer.

"They do something different," Moore said. "They go where nobody else is and find out what is possible."

Moore said Green Berets are a "force multiplier," improving the combat capability of the international forces they work with. He stressed that they are not about "raids and ambushes," but about having an "unparalleled understanding of the place" they are operating. 

Green Berets are required to learn a foreign language as part of their training and are constantly trained in the political, economic and cultural complexities of the regions in which they are assigned to operate. This unique skill set allows them to partner with foreign forces for training and at times to fight alongside them.

Those skills have been put to use in Ukraine since 2014, with Green Berets and members of the Army's National Guard advising and training Ukrainian forces at Yavoriv Combat Training Center in western Ukraine. It's the same facility Russia attacked with rockets on March 13, killing 35. The Americans had already left,  vacating the facility and moving troops deployed there to Germany in February. 

Part of the job Green Berets did at Yavoriv was to train their Ukrainian counterparts to set up militia units that could wage guerrilla warfare against an invading force. The Ukrainian military can now put those lessons to use, with the government actively encouraging its citizens to join the fight against Russian forces.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

despite not being directly involved in the conflict.

This is the point I was getting at - I seriously doubt they and many others are not directly involved in various capacities.  

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Today is the 34th day of the Russian invasion of the Ukraine -- and the cold war super power feared by so many has only managed to take and hold some eastern fringes of the Ukraine while getting pantsed by Ukrainian farmers.  To put that into perspective, Nazi Germany had completely defeated Poland within 35 days back in 1939.

6ajiij.jpg

We also have not been drug into WW3 and no nukes have been fired.  All in all, good job, good guys.

the.

Just now, BabaYaga said:

This is the point I was getting at - I seriously doubt they and many others are not directly involved in various capacities.  

If they are, I doubt it's anywhere in Ukraine where they are in danger of being overrun.

But I'm leaning towards probably not - there's just too many smartphones floating around, and all you need is for somebody to surreptitiously record a group of Americans training or aiding troops in Ukraine and things get really awkward.

And given that are easily thousands of former/retired Green Berets who would still be in the age range to be effective, you'd probably have a healthy pool of them to draw upon to go there as civilians.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Well as it happens that one time they were a people with many hot takes they tried so hard to export to all of their neighbors. It didn't end very well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, that is probably lost on a lot of people - we can have thousands of airborne there in 48 hours or less, it's just a matter of shoving them onto airplanes.

But to stand up a full armored brigade, that's impressive. 

Connecting the dots, it looks like that includes a buncha tanks?  They flew them there?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigade_combat_team

Screenshot_20220329-101115_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If they are, I doubt it's anywhere in Ukraine where they are in danger of being overrun.

But I'm leaning towards probably not - there's just too many smartphones floating around, and all you need is for somebody to surreptitiously record a group of Americans training or aiding troops in Ukraine and things get really awkward.

And given that are easily thousands of former/retired Green Berets who would still be in the age range to be effective, you'd probably have a healthy pool of them to draw upon to go there as civilians.

Not a great time for that given how much fake footage is out there right now for governments to capitalize on.  But yeah, we could possibly have hundreds if not more in/near the theater.  Thankfully, they can blend in looks-wise so long as everybody around them doesn't record audio.  Hey, maybe they've invented some way of communicating silently in combat.  God bless those guys. 

Not giving anything away here---friend and sometimes business associate, 75th Rangers (all 75th are Rangers, not all Rangers are 75th), formerly O-3 at STB.  West Point grad.  Been out for a long while, late 40's by now.  Suddenly I haven't heard from him in weeks.  Not gonna ask his family or close friends, but it's not like him to not respond.  I'm guessing he's doing some good somewhere.  

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

How do you tell the difference.....;)

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Connecting the dots, it looks like that includes a buncha tanks?  They flew them there?

I think the equipment was already stored in theater (probably Germany) as we've always done that in the past, but getting all 6,000+ there and getting their tanks/etc. out and ready to roll was huge.  And unlike the Russians, our vehicles that were in storage are going to be squared away.

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Not giving anything away here---friend and sometimes business associate, 75th Rangers (all 75th are Rangers, not all Rangers are 75th), formerly O-3 at STB.  West Point grad.  Been out for a long while, late 40's by now.  Suddenly I haven't heard from him in weeks.  Not gonna ask his family or close friends, but it's not like him to not respond.  I'm guessing he's doing some good somewhere. 

Or he met a stripper....;)

8 minutes ago, Parliament said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigade_combat_team

Screenshot_20220329-101115_Chrome.jpg

A C5 can carry two M1s, C17 can carry one. We definitely had some assets in theater like atom said earlier, but it wouldn’t be terribly hard for us to move that hardware in a week. We have 50ish C5s and 200+ C17s. Air Mobility Command doesn’t fuck around. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Well maybe her surname is "Goode" and like I said, he's "doing some good somewhere" 

Yeah, he's doing ninja shit.  Good friend from college, his older brother was a ninja out of Bragg.  He intimated from talks with his brother ("allegedly") that when deployed to Panama back in the day, when gone for months, and never one time actually set foot in Panama.

25 minutes ago, Snacks said:

so... how do you keep the rounds from landing where you don't want them to land?

the rounds are explosive and each explodes when the tracer burns out.  that's why the videos show them spitting a line of light which ends in a lot of little explosions. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1