Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

^And just like in Chernobaivka airport, the Russians just keep bringing in new equipment to get bombed.

Speaking of Chornobaivka it recently got its own song. After 20 plus different UKR eliminations of aircraft at that location RU put AA assets there which did nothing against artillery. Check out the 1:03 mark for the nautical tank. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

Fascinating stuff. Such a major miscalculation by Russia. Mistook friendliness for willingness to be subjugated. 

This does go back to the post I read up thread on the Eastern European idea that there are no equals in a transaction, only the fucker and the fucked. To be a fly on the wall when Vlad realized which one he was…
  • Hook 'Em 4

^Interesting. Most are DNR/LNR, but there are a couple Russian soldiers sprinkled in there, and some aren't even in uniform. I wonder if these are from those recent reports a few days ago of them conscripting locals in territory they occupy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Russian/DNR troops using trench periscopes like it's 1918.

Russian military having to individually crowd-fund their supplies.  Meanwhile, the West is sending all kinds of stuff to equip even the lowliest of Ukrainian soldiers better than their Russian counterparts, and shipping it in by the planeload.  And you can bet that a bunch of that Russian stuff is going to be sold/stolen by other Russians.

• Hook 'Em 2

Okay, let's play the speculation game.  Russian state TV has talking heads on arguing that mobilization won't work, because it will take too long, and they will have outdated equipment anyways, and will be defeated by NATO equipment.

They wouldn't talk about that without Putin's permission.  If they are arguing against mobilization, then that doesn't leave a lot of tools in Putin's arsenal, outside of potential NBC stuff, and we know Putin's troops are not equipped to handle bio or chemical stuff (or nuclear for that matter).

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Pretty sure that soundtrack is the Gilmour collaboration with the recording of the Ukrainian musician that joined in the defense and recorded Oh the Red Viburnum in the Meadow.  I'd know that guitar anywhere, but I think I recognized the vocals in this case, too.

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, The Dog said:

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Meanwhile, Ukraine is getting TB2s from Turkey that were manufactured in the last month.

The counter offensive in Kharkiv makes Belgorod that much of a key point for the Russian defenses. If they can hop the river on the counteroffensive there is no real natural formation (plus all the main roads are on that side of the river) that would stop a Ukrainian push into Belgorod. If it falls it would leave a major corridor open in their air defenses and cut off one of the closer Russian “home” hospitals.

It doesn’t matter if they hop the river or not right now because it is forcing the Russians to shift BTGs that way, away from the heavier fighting in the south.

16 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

The counter offensive in Kharkiv makes Belgorod that much of a key point for the Russian defenses. If they can hop the river on the counteroffensive there is no real natural formation (plus all the main roads are on that side of the river) that would stop a Ukrainian push into Belgorod. If it falls it would leave a major corridor open in their air defenses and cut off one of the closer Russian “home” hospitals.

It doesn’t matter if they hop the river or not right now because it is forcing the Russians to shift BTGs that way, away from the heavier fighting in the south.

If they made a push for Belgorod, that would vindicate Putin's bullshit about them being a threat and probably open the door to nukes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, grazinhorn said:

Pretty sure that soundtrack is the Gilmour collaboration with the recording of the Ukrainian musician that joined in the defense and recorded Oh the Red Viburnum in the Meadow.  I'd know that guitar anywhere, but I think I recognized the vocals in this case, too.

Andriy Khlyvnyuk, the lead singer of BoomBox. BoomBox ended their North American tour to return home and join territorial defense. He was WIA from shrapnel about 2 weeks ago.

BoomBox has opened for David Gilmour in Europe.

623ee12c63721.jpg?resize=620,1104&ssl=1624178ec8e365.png?resize=638,1186&ssl=1

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I don’t know how moscow isn’t up in flames by now since they’ve been pretty much shut out by the modern world and this shit is all they show on state TV all day long.

That's the kind of TV programming that helps book publishers.

• Like 1

I was speaking with a Russian today who is from a city near Ukraine. She said that most of her family and friends in Russia believe the Russian propaganda about Ukraine. And in return, her family points to Western propaganda and that she is biased because she isn't patriotic towards Russia and has been away from home too long. But, they do have a sense that the war is not going great.

She says Russians are use to great hardship so there probably isn't going to be a major uprising in Russia. And that Putin has spent 25 years preparing so it is unlikely that he will be overthrown or kicked out of office. She didn't see a way for Russia to win or for Ukraine to win. Personally, I think uprising in Russia will lead to a cease fire in Ukraine. I guess another possibility is for Ukraine to drive Russia out of Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I was speaking with a Russian today who is from a city near Ukraine. She said that most of her family and friends in Russia believe the Russian propaganda about Ukraine.

I mean fuck we've seen how easy it happens here. ...... still happening.... 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, grazinhorn said:

What is the techno song (not Bayraktar) that is on most of the videos.  I want to listen to the whole thing on Spotify.  Edit Found it: Where are you from? by Probass Hardi

Also this is cool about the artillery ranges.  One of the comments is "Can you all get on the metric system in this century" 😛

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1