Official Surly - Big 12 Championship Game Thread - TX/OU II

Vertigo

you can’t entirely blame this game on the refs.  We made a ton of stupid, stupid mistakes.  And can Sam not look at both sides of the field?  He either looks left or he looks right, but he never looks left and right.  That safety was a prime example.  He was looking left from the snap and never saw an unguarded Colin Johnson when his man blitzed.  This has to be fixed by next year or Sam needs to sit. There’s no excuse to have to dumb down an offense for a QB at Texas.  You have to make a defense pay when they blitz like that.

• Like 1

Haaaaaaaaah!!!!!!! Horns Down!!!!!! Hurt your little vaginas!!!!! Take the loss pussssssssies!!!!!!

Can you guys imagine how much of a dumb fuck you have to be to go to other teams boards? I mean, you know that this guy is circle-jerking with his buddies about how cool it is. It is always good to remember how the other half lives.

1 minute ago, Capn81 said:

Can you guys imagine how much of a dumb fuck you have to be to go to other teams boards? I mean, you know that this guy is circle-jerking with his buddies about how cool it is. It is always good to remember how the other half lives.

Well they don't have a board anymore, but fuck him

2 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

Haaaaaah!!!! Fuck you Brah!!!! I post on this board all the time!!! Horns down must have hurt your little vag.....take the loss pussy!!!

• Fuck You 32

7 minutes ago, Fire Jack Chevigny said:

Rushing attempts:
Sam 15
Watson 13
Ingram 4

Not sure what game you watched.

some of those were sacks right?  I should have been more clear, we didn't run him in the middle of the field or on our side.  we did run him in the red zone.  I realize we were covering for his injury but if he's not a threat to run our running game is pretty much shit. 

8 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Blame this loss on whatever the fuck you want but our Oline couldn't run block a fucking women's volleyball team, if they were even average we win this game.

yup this was a big problem today. it will be interesting to see the tape breakdown on this b/c from first view it looked like their guys were just playing more stout and executing.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

some of those were sacks right?  I should have been more clear, we didn't run him in the middle of the field or on our side.  we did run him in the red zone.  I realize we were covering for his injury but if he's not a threat to run our running game is pretty much shit. 

our running game is pretty much shit because our oline sucks ass at run blocking

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I think you are right. We most definitely didn’t run him enough. I understand why. That’s  why Herman is going to have to make sure he has several qbs who can get the job done. Some may complain about injury to the qb but I see Sams toughness rubbing off on the team. I hope we get our oline to where it needs to be.

Reasons for the loss

1. Clock management at the end of 1H

2. 32 carries for 88 yards

3. Sam not seeing the corner blitz on the safety

4. 13 penalties for 128 yards (?)

Change any of those in our favor and this game easily goes the other way. The most unforgivable was the 2nd and 25 playcall to end the 1st half. Announcers knew it, fans knew it, and OU coaches definitely knew it. Apparently ours didn’t. I know their answer would be “we wanted to put up another score before half” but how many times is that gonna happen starting with 2nd and 25 on the 50. 1/10? 2/10? Gotta be smarter than that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

our running game is pretty much shit because our oline sucks ass at run blocking

yes and that is why it only works a little if Sam is a threat.  they never considered him a threat unless we were in the red zone.  if we can't run we lose to OU so therefore you have to run Sam a lot more.

Just now, Telegraph_it said:

Cute. Keep on sending congratulations to the land thieves. 

They did win. Did they not? I’m not a poor sport or an aggy.   I hope they get killed by Bama.  I’m not gonna hide my head in the sand that they won today.  Stop being a bitch.   You can be mad we lost.  That’s cool.  But don’t act like a sooner. 

Just now, Bigbend1812 said:

They did win. Did they not? I’m not a poor sport or an aggy.   I hope they get killed by Bama.  I’m not gonna hide my head in the sand that they won today.  Stop being a bitch.   You can be mad we lost.  That’s cool.  But don’t act like a sooner. 

Right on brother. They won and your pleasantries are cute. Thanks for calling me a bitch and a sooner. 

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we knew we were going to have to score 40 and we couldn't do it.  Ruffin Mcneil pants'd herman

Like I said back in October

On 10/8/2018 at 3:35 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

I wish they hadn't fired him. Ruffin McNeil is 10X the defensive coach that Mike Stoops is. Good for him, bad for us.