Official Surly - Big 12 Championship Game Thread - TX/OU II

Vertigo

1 minute ago, XYZ said:

I can think of two plays where the refs fucked us:

1. The PI against #9 that wasn’t called and was very, very obvious

2. The holding call against Texas during LJH’s kickoff return for TD. That was bullshit.

The no call false start on 4th and 1 that would have put them at 4th and 6 and at the edge of FG range.  That was a classic horse fucking.

Just now, XYZ said:

2. The holding call against Texas during LJH’s kickoff return for TD. That was bullshit.

3. The PI called against us where our DB barely touched their WR

Just now, FizzleFish said:

This game hurts, but I believe in most of this staff. We played our b game and got a lot of penalties and we’re right there until the end. I can’t believe that hold on the kick return. We need depth and speed. 

not really acceptable when it's the biggest game we've played this decade

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

they are going to get bitch slapped so bad by bama.  the holding calls will be everywhere.  bama actually has guys that can rush the passer.

last time Ewok played Bama with A&M, he was hurt so bad he did not want to go back into the game. 

5 minutes ago, XYZ said:

OU 4th and 1 false start. Uncalled. 

OPI on OU's last TD.  Uncalled.

Something like 15 to 20 offensive holding penalties uncalled.

Seriously, how do the refs miss a fucking false start?

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

Lots of things led to the loss today, not all on the officials. Missed extra point, terrible punting, poor play calling and  Hager’s penalty at the end of the half, lots of penalties (many we deserved), and yes a missed PI on third down. It all added up. A couple of those things go differently and it’s a one possession game at the end with a chance to win.

Horns still go to the sugar bowl if bama beats Georgia. Win that and it’s a very strong 2nd year for Herman.

Hook ‘em. 

Edited by drewlaws

2 minutes ago, NYBevo said:

Sucks to lose. It'll be interesting to see if Riley stays. He doesn't have another Heisman QB waiting in the wings that will play like Baker or Kyler. They should have a bad regression next season.

We say this every year about OU and it never happens.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

OU 4th and 1 false start. Uncalled. 

OPI on OU's last TD.  Uncalled.

Something like 15 to 20 offensive holding penalties uncalled.

Seriously, how do the refs miss a fucking false start?

They were always going to miss every call against OU, it was stupid on our parts to expect anything different. 

1 minute ago, Mmmmtexas said:

TAKE THE LOSS PUSSY TEXAS!

I would really like to know if you’d talk all this shit if you were here, in person. Not necessarily in the midst of ALL of us.  I’m not sure anyone would be that stupid, but you’d probably prove me wrong.

I’m picturing you, a white SWM, around 30-35yo, with zero and I mean zero, formal education.  Unless you count the half semester you spent at MidWestern St because you couldn’t even get in to OU. Oh, and the two years you spent at auto body & paint “school”. 

Anyway, you’re sitting in your shitty apartment or run down single-wide trailer, some where in the middle of bum-fuck Oklahoma, just having watched the game on the most expensive possession you own; your new tv you bought at Rent-A-Center.  Well, it’s not technically yours, yet- but just give you 35mo’s and 20% interest and it’s your Bro (winning!).

Why don’t you run along, go beat your fat white trash meth-head of a girlfriend (Sister? Ha I’m kidding- I’m sure she’s only your second cousin), kick your dog that you  have chained up outside and go grab a sizer of 3.2% piss you call beer and have your self a good evening.  

• Like 1

Just now, Bigbend1812 said:

Sucks to lose.  Hard to beat someone twice when they are the better team.   Feel good sooners.  You caught a lot of breaks today.  Congrats.   Good luck.  Will not be rooting for you at all.   Fuck OU and the Big12.   Proud of this team.  Will only get better from here.  

Sorry fuck this. They aren’t the better team and you don’t send congrats to a bunch of trash. 

They needed the refs and they got help and now they get stomped by bama. 

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

not really acceptable when it's the biggest game we've played this decade

Ok. Oklahoma has had a consistent coaching staff for almost 20 years. Their department has just been so much better at handling football. They got mayfield and Murray as transfers while we couldn’t even recruit a decent qb. We’ve been a cluster for 10. I believe in our coach and ad. Can’t wait to have all Herman guys and I hope cdc allows him room. 

15 minutes ago, XYZ said:

You can complain about other calls but the hold on the kickoff return was a hold, and a lot more. 

Dear lord, do you some of you even watch the game....