Official Surly - Big 12 Championship Game Thread - TX/OU II

Vertigo

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Oh, no—after all that the Big 12 might not get a team in the playoffs?

What a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be happy if Georgia beat bama this afternoon. That would leave out OU and WifebeaterenablerU.

it would be nice to go to the Sugar Bowl, but we're going to get the shit beat out of us if we do. I'd rather end the year with a  bowl win.

And fuck anyone who says bitchedassedness or doomed - yes, yes we would be.  We will not win the Sugar Bowl, it's metaphysical certainty. Kansas beating us 2 years ago was a less certain outcome by comparison. But it would still be a fun weekend in New Orleans.

1 minute ago, phdhorn said:

I would be happy if Georgia beat bama this afternoon. That would leave out OU and WifebeaterenablerU.

it would be nice to go to the Sugar Bowl, but we're going to get the shit beat out of us if we do. I'd rather end the year with a  bowl win.

And fuck anyone who says bitchedassedness or doomed - yes, yes we would be.  We will not win the Sugar Bowl, it's metaphysical certainty. Kansas beating us 2 years ago was a less certain outcome by comparison. But it would still be a fun weekend in New Orleans.

Fuck that. If OU doesn’t get into the playoffs they’ll bump us from the Sugar Bowl. I’d rather see Texas in the Sugar Bowl 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Fuck that. If OU doesn’t get into the playoffs they’ll bump us from the Sugar Bowl. I’d rather see Texas in the Sugar Bowl 

I would for the atmosphere but not for the game. We would lose without any doubt whatsoever.

However, if Georgia wins today, both they and bama will be in the playoff so we would get the SEC 3 which I think is LSU. That would be cool.

Edited by phdhorn

6 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

I find myself lacking conference pride. I think I’ll sleep just fine if those fine people up north get left out. 

OU getting skullfucked by Bama and us playing in the Sugar Bowl would be my choice.  I think they might try to find a way to put OU 3rd so they play Clemson.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

OU getting skullfucked by Bama and us playing in the Sugar Bowl would be my choice.  I think they might try to find a way to put OU 3rd so they play Clemson.

I hear you. If I could actually go to the sugar bowl I’d be even more receptive to the scenario of an Alabama mud hole. Instead I’ll be in the Swiss alps. 

18 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Reasons for the loss

1. Clock management at the end of 1H

2. 32 carries for 88 yards

3. Sam not seeing the corner blitz on the safety

4. 13 penalties for 128 yards (?)

Change any of those in our favor and this game easily goes the other way. The most unforgivable was the 2nd and 25 playcall to end the 1st half. Announcers knew it, fans knew it, and OU coaches definitely knew it. Apparently ours didn’t. I know their answer would be “we wanted to put up another score before half” but how many times is that gonna happen starting with 2nd and 25 on the 50. 1/10? 2/10? Gotta be smarter than that.

1 & 2 yes. But 3 is an awful take, his back was turned on the fake plus he was on his first read out the gate, which could of meant there was a quick route that wasn’t there. If anything it was Ingram that didn’t see him. There were plays before that we should have had and so safety should have never happened. 4 penalties were big yes, but how many did Oklahoma not get that were obvious? The last fucking touchdown the receiver was holding foster away from him. I will say that our seniors, especially Boyd killed us with penalties 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

I would for the atmosphere but not for the game. We would lose without any doubt whatsoever.

However, if Georgia wins today, both they and bama will be in the playoff so we would get the SEC 3 which I think is LSU. That would be cool.

But then Kyler (spoiled brat) will probably get  Heisman.

• Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Uh guys.

If Bammer loses bad enough to get ranked 5. OU into the playoff...

We play Bammer in the Sugar?

It's 28-21 Ga with almost 3 quarters gone.  Bama isn't going to lose his game nearly bad enough to go to 5 unless Georgia scores 2 unanswered TD's the rest of the game.  Doubtful.  If they lose by this score, or say 10 points or less, they're in.

2 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

It's 28-21 Ga with almost 3 quarters gone.  Bama isn't going to lose his game nearly bad enough to go to 5 unless Georgia scores 2 unanswered TD's the rest of the game.  Doubtful.  If they lose by this score, or say 10 points or less, they're in.

Yeah, about 20 mins ago after that interception with a 14 point lead it was looking different.

1 hour ago, DoneWithit said:

1 & 2 yes. But 3 is an awful take, his back was turned on the fake plus he was on his first read out the gate, which could of meant there was a quick route that wasn’t there. If anything it was Ingram that didn’t see him. There were plays before that we should have had and so safety should have never happened. 4 penalties were big yes, but how many did Oklahoma not get that were obvious? The last fucking touchdown the receiver was holding foster away from him. I will say that our seniors, especially Boyd killed us with penalties 

Without the offsetting illegal formation call on OU in the 3rd Boyd would have been responsible for 4 15-yard penalties by himself. 

15 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Without the offsetting illegal formation call on OU in the 3rd Boyd would have been responsible for 4 15-yard penalties by himself. 

These seniors have been through some shit but I for one am glad that there will be fresh faces on the field next year. They just didn’t play like it, Boyd was bad, Hager was a huge disappointment, and so on. 

If you were to tell me before the season that we would have a freshman be more reliable then seniors be unreliable; I would have slapped you silly but look where we are. 

Boyd was flagged a bunch, but IMHO those were saved touchdowns and we’ll earned. Rather take the 15 and live to fight another day.

6 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

These seniors have been through some shit but I for one am glad that there will be fresh faces on the field next year. They just didn’t play like it, Boyd was bad, Hager was a huge disappointment, and so on. 

If you were to tell me before the season that we would have a freshman be more reliable then seniors be unreliable; I would have slapped you silly but look where we are. 

I am really appreciative of the seniors who stuck it out and made it to this game. Obviously wanted a win but to play in that game for the first time since ‘09 is an accomplishment. But I agree. 

One cost us an interception

That one was terrible, I agree. But he’s left on an island more than anyone else on our team, and does a decent job of knowing when he’s beat and when to commit the penalty.

He also knocked a ball away from #5 that was a sure TD.

Just now, tequila said:

That one was terrible, I agree. But he’s left on an island more than anyone else on our team, and does a decent job of knowing when he’s beat and when to commit the penalty.

I’m not necessarily shitting on him either. 

9 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I’m not necessarily shitting on him either. 

Boyd is a good player, but an utter dipshit most of the time so it often negates his athleticism. When he is on, he is as good as anyone, but he is too inconsistent. He lost some money today and probably will lose some more during interviews and background checks.

This is the stupidest motherfucker shit I’ve ever seen in my fucking life but rose why would you motherfuckers be like calling as shit with the end of the game little Joy Humphrey was like yo is my bitch right anyways what had occurred at one Rosa as a kid and we still could’ve came through we still could’ve came true we could’ve been a mother but it was on top of the world Mahna Mahna

I really have nothing else to say other than like yo this is the stupidest shit I’ve ever seen in my fucking life why would they wraps I mean I know that they would want to be like at the end of the fucking game with the Jay been Jacob Sball believes in jail but still I mean why not the letter better team win I mean the better team win shit I was with the gym that comes up to the outcome regardless of who the fuck is