We Are Decent, But Waaayyy Behind GA or Bama

MaybeACoordinator

We need to recruit o linemen who can fill out their frames properly while still being 300+ lbs. I'm not sure if the young linemen (Moore, Angilau, Jones, Ghirmai, Cosmi, etc.) can do that, but I really don't know all that much about them. I have faith in Hand and Yancy to develop them properly.

Edited by George Clooney

which teams are playing

the UGA team that throttled Bama for 2 quarters today or the one that shit the bed for two quarters and lost a massive lead.....and lets be honest Bama was not playing lights out UGA was just imploding

the Texas team that throttled OU for most of the game and won earlier this year and that was throttling OU for half of the game today or the one that shit the bed in the second half

if the two teams that shit the bed play each other I think Texas can actually win it.....if the two best teams play Texas better have the game of the decade (well since 2005 so longer than a decade)

if the top UGA team shows up and shit the bed Texas shows up this game will be ugly for Texas and if top Texas shows up and shit the bed UGA shows up Texas should win by 10-14

28 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

We need to recruit o linemen who can fill out their frames properly while still being 300+ lbs. I'm not sure if the young linemen (Moore, Angilau, Jones, Ghirmai, Cosmi, etc.) can do that, but I really don't know all that much about them. I have faith in Hand and Yancy to develop them properly.

we need to quit recruiting 7 year projects

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

At least you can drink big ol' rum drinks in the Sugar Bowl. Any of y'all going are gonna need a few. 

Yeah, I seem like I've got a sandy vagina here, but we just ain't ready for this shit. I'd rather see us head out to San Diego again and dismantle a Pac 12 team. Or beat aggy, on any field. 

Just shut the fuck up already. This thread, this post, and your mindset are pure coward’s trash. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yeah, I seem like I've got a sandy vagina here, but we just ain't ready for this shit. I'd rather see us head out to San Diego again and dismantle a Pac 12 team. Or beat aggy, on any field. 

giphy.gif

For Texas to improve to an elite level, they need to play better competition in Bowl Games....

1 minute ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Just shut the fuck up already. This thread, this post, and your mindset are pure coward’s trash. 

Eh, I hate that mindset. Sometimes you just have to level with reality. For Xmas in 1990, my dad asked me if I wanted a new little TV or a ticket to Dallas to go to the Cotton Bowl. I could see that massacre coming a mile away, so I asked for the TV and watched it on there. Same myself a miserable trip and a day in horrible weather. 

I take no pleasure in writing any of this, and again, I acknowledge I seem like I suck, and am a giant pussy, but it is what it is. 

I was really impressed with Herman's coaching today and where the program is heading, but we are getting out of our element if we take on the Dawgs. This year. Give us two or three more years and we will be ready. 

Eh, I hate that mindset. Sometimes you just have to level with reality. For Xmas in 1990, my dad asked me if I wanted a new little TV or a ticket to Dallas to go to the Cotton Bowl. I could see that massacre coming a mile away, so I asked for the TV and watched it on there. Same myself a miserable trip and a day in horrible weather. 
I take no pleasure in writing any of this, and again, I acknowledge I seem like I suck, and am a giant pussy, but it is what it is. 
I was really impressed with Herman's coaching today and where the program is heading, but we are getting out of our element if we take on the Dawgs. This year. Give us two or three more years and we will be ready. 

He should have bought you a shotgun to deep throat.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think a really good Texas team will show up as well

the extra practice is meaningful

This team finally has pride it would have been easy to lose to Missouri last year Texas was coming off a horrible loss to Tech, Texas was playing for a "seven win season" which is pretty meh by Texas standards even with the shitty recent seasons......Missouri was on a 6 game win streak after losing 5 straight and playing for 8 wins which for them would be a good year based on past results and based on the recent past.....Missouri was really up for the game to "take down Texas" and while Texas wanted to beat a bad SEC SEC SEC team they thought they should beat and one of the Big 12 cry babies that ran off it would still have been easy for Texas to line up thinking that Texas on the jersey gave them 14 points right off the bat

instead they came out and played a pretty decent game overall against a team that also played well and still got their dicks knocked off and their little backpacks thrown in the trash can

this years team has just that much more pride and the opponent is way bigger as is the game, but I think UGA has a lot to be down about and less to be excited about

There's a great BBC show about WW1 called Our World War. The first episode is about the very first battle of the war, which took place at a bridge crossing in Belgium. The Brits had a tiny, very tough little all volunteer army at the time. Meanwhile, ze Germans had been conscripting a vast horde. (These stories are all true, based on letters home from survivors.) Anyway, the British picket guards captured a German cavalry scout and brought him back through their defensive position. One machine gun and about 100 well-trained riflemen. The German shook his head in disdain and said "You haff no idea vat's commink." He was right. The Brits fought their asses off but were just overwhelmed. That's the way I feel about us playing the Dawgs right now. 

Brit combat engineers did manage to blow the fuck out of the next bridge down, though, so this game could be a building block, just as that heroic feat was for the allies in WW1.