We Are Decent, But Waaayyy Behind GA or Bama

MaybeACoordinator

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

All year if we moved the ball, it ultimately came down to LJH and CJ making plays outside. They will still be 6 inches taller than Georgia’s CBs just like everyone else’s.

Baker for Georgia is one of the few CBs in the country capable of shutting down LJH or CJ. He's as good as they come.

He's a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award and has a real good chance of winning.

Edited by satyanash

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

We are beating Georgia in to the sugarbowl....so not behind them

Fixed because yeah, Austin's about 40 miles closer to New Orleans than Athens, so we'll get there quicker.  Otherwise no fucking way - but it'll still be a fun weekend.

37 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Georgia is better than us, but it’s really not that bad of a matchup.  We match up better with them on defense than we do with OU and even some of the other air raid teams like WVU.  They don’t use a lot of misdirection and we can come after Fromm more aggressively because they don’t spread the field and he isn’t a big run threat.  Orlando is better against those kinds of offenses, although admittedly they will have more offensive talent than anyone we faced except OU.

They will probably completely stone our running game, but so what, most teams do - even OU’s shit defense did today.  All year if we moved the ball, it ultimately came down to LJH and CJ making plays outside. They will still be 6 inches taller than Georgia’s CBs just like everyone else’s.

It is a horrible matchup and that is putting it mildly. We couldn't run the ball against Kansas so addressing that match-up is a waste of time. We will be lucky to run the ball for 100 yards on Georgia and that is a generous number.

Then you look at the fact that our passing game is really solid, it is pretty much all our offense has outside of the power sweep with Sam at QB in short yardage situations. So you take the fact that the passing game is really all we've got offensively and then couple that with the fact that Georgia is only giving up 5.8 yards per pass and just took the Heisman front runner, grabbed him by the nuts, and made him their bitch, it isn't hard to see how this is not a good matchup for us.

Doesn't mean we can't win, but we are certainly looking at a steep hill.

Edited by chase25

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

It is horrible matchup and that is putting it mildly. We couldn't run the ball against Kansas so addressing that match-up is a waste of time. We will be lucky to run the ball for 100 yards on Georgia and that is a generous number.

Then you look at the fact that our passing game is really solid, it is pretty much all our offense has outside of the power sweep with Sam at QB in short yardage situations. So you take the fact that the passing game is really all we've got offensively and then couple that with the fact that Georgia is only giving up 5.8 yards per pass and just took the Heisman front runner, grabbed him by the nuts, and made him their bitch, it isn't hard to see how this is not a good matchup for us.

Doesn't mean we can't win, but we are certainly looking at a steep hill.

Guess we are doomed.

2 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I think a really good Texas team will show up as well

the extra practice is meaningful

This team finally has pride it would have been easy to lose to Missouri last year Texas was coming off a horrible loss to Tech, Texas was playing for a "seven win season" which is pretty meh by Texas standards even with the shitty recent seasons......Missouri was on a 6 game win streak after losing 5 straight and playing for 8 wins which for them would be a good year based on past results and based on the recent past.....Missouri was really up for the game to "take down Texas" and while Texas wanted to beat a bad SEC SEC SEC team they thought they should beat and one of the Big 12 cry babies that ran off it would still have been easy for Texas to line up thinking that Texas on the jersey gave them 14 points right off the bat

instead they came out and played a pretty decent game overall against a team that also played well and still got their dicks knocked off and their little backpacks thrown in the trash can

this years team has just that much more pride and the opponent is way bigger as is the game, but I think UGA has a lot to be down about and less to be excited about

While I agree with your general point, that Mizzou team was awful. On par with Baylor. Losing to them would have been far from easy.

Just now, gmr548 said:

While I agree with your general point, that Mizzou team was awful. On par with Baylor. Losing to them would have been far from easy.

I agree, but last years Texas was on the precipice of either turning a corner or falling apart......6-6 with that loss to Tech was pretty bad

it would have been easy for Texas to fold or go back to doing stupid shit and fuck around and lose......to what I agree was a terrible Missouri team riding a winning streak of bad

Sigh. I'm gonna chalk this game up as a learning experience. As mentioned before, sometimes you need games like this to show you where you really are. And Herman is better at beating favorites than he is against underdogs, but what I saw tonight terrifies me. (Yes I am a pussy, but I love Texas, and don't like seeing us humiliated.) 

This seems like an SEC stunt to punk us. IF we can hold our own or win, the joke would be on them, but if we get mudholed, then more recruits flee the state. 

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Sigh. I'm gonna chalk this game up as a learning experience. As mentioned before, sometimes you need games like this to show you where you really are. And Herman is better at beating favorites than he is against underdogs, but what I saw tonight terrifies me. (Yes I am a pussy, but I love Texas, and don't like seeing us humiliated.) 

This seems like an SEC stunt to punk us. IF we can hold our own or win, the joke would be on them, but if we get mudholed, then more recruits flee the state. 

You realize the game is after the early signing period which is when most of our current commits will sign. The only damage that could come is if by some act of pure torture we get boat raced 48-10 which I don't see happening at all.

5 minutes ago, chase25 said:

You realize the game is after the early signing period which is when most of our current commits will sign. The only damage that could come is if by some act of pure torture we get boat raced 48-10 which I don't see happening at all.

Have you not been watching Texas or Georgia? Texas getting boat raced  48-10 is very possible, if not likely.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Fuck You 2

11 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I didn't see anything from Georgia that would worry me.  As long as B12 refs aren't calling the game we'd be in good shape.  

So on that note, who would we want calling the game? Is there a conference that even has good refs?

Edited by wood

13 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I didn't see anything from Georgia that would worry me.  As long as B12 refs aren't calling the game we'd be in good shape.  

Did you not watch the game like at all, everything about Georgia should worry us.

Edited by Not a Sock

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

Did you not watch the game like at all, everything about Georgia should worry us.

I clicked over on the game and saw DeAndre Swift run one time. That dude is in Barry Sanders class with his moves and is fast and can even fucking throw. Then they have Holyfield, and that QB can hunk it deep or into tight spots. The OL is athletic and disciplined, and the D is tough. S&P+ is gonna have us as 20-point dogs. 

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I watched us play and then the Bama Jawja game, and that one seemed like the TV was in fast motion. 

You probably got more drunk as the day wore on.  Happens.  

Because those two teams played like trash.  OU let georgia off the hook last year.  The same Georgia team that gifted Bama a title.  So STFU about not belonging on the same field.  Bottom bitch thought process. Fuck that.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I clicked over on the game and saw DeAndre Swift run one time. That dude is in Barry Sanders class with his moves and is fast and can even fucking throw. Then they have Holyfield, and that QB can hunk it deep or into tight spots. The OL is athletic and disciplined, and the D is tough. S&P+ is gonna have us as 20-point dogs. 

It's their D-line that worries me they where all over Tua and constantly in the back field sam is going to be running for his life.

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You probably got more drunk as the day wore on.  Happens.  

Because those two teams played like trash.  OU let georgia off the hook last year.  The same Georgia team that gifted Bama a title.  So STFU about not belonging on the same field.  Bottom bitch thought process. Fuck that.  

You're an idiot.

7 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

You might be retarded.  Get that checked out. 

Bc no motherfucker is in Barry Sanders class.  Just shut the fuck up already.  Do you know Barry Sanders?  Read a book.  

4 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

You're an idiot.

Lmao.  Quit drinking the kool aid, pussy.  OU hung w Georgia to OT.  OU pushed Bama shit in at the SugarBowl.  

The same OU that got lucky to beat Texas. I bet you’re one of the dumbasses that’s always ‘Bama could beat the Browns! Durrrrrr’.  STFU

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1