2023 Republican Government Shutdown: Same Shit, Same Story

horn4life

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

If the IRS stuff gains traction, and if airports shut down, you will see them bail on Donnie.  

And we aren’t even into food stamp territory.  

Mutiny in the Senate was always how this was going to end because Trump isn’t going to outright surrender. 

It’s just a matter of time. 

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

70-80% of American taxpayers get a refund.   We can joke that the 20%-30% not getting them are Trump supporters, but even just a cursory glance at Trump’s base shows most of them probably get refunds. 

If the "supporters" of the shutdown (aka, Trump's base) weren't getting refunds, Trump wouldn't be forcing the IRS back to work to issue said refunds.  If refunds were only affecting the libtards, they wouldn't care to call them back to work (for free) to issue them on time.

I just can't believe that over 41,000 members of the United States Armed Forces  have gone 5 weeks without being paid. That's some sort of bullshit.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more irritated I get.

The trumpers will throw out that they should have saved a rainy day fund, they took the job knowing that our government is functionally retarded and they could go without pay. And they'll also throw out the tired line about go ahead and quit and get a 'real job' (read: any public sector job to them is not real - depending on if they support the blue line today or not) but.. I think if a Coastie quits, they can like end up in jail and stuff for going AWOL. So talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Edited by relapse98
  • Like 1

I think I've found where most of the 36% live. The stupidity of some of these people never seem to amaze me. Rationale for why the government shutdown is good:   ""It kind of makes me question what they do on a day-to-day basis.  If I don't miss them, what were they doing?"  Yeah motherfucker, it's all about you.  Christ on a sidecar, of all the arguments you could make supporting the shutdown, this is what you're going with?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/01/20/trump-country-republicans-cheer-federal-shutdown/2549255002/

And no, USA Today is not my normal reading material but I saw one in a hotel lobby in Bumfuck Florida and picked it up.  

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

70-80% of American taxpayers get a refund.   We can joke that the 20%-30% not getting them are Trump supporters, but even just a cursory glance at Trump’s base shows most of them probably get refunds. 

I'd wager that over half of the MAGA cultists receive Earned Income Credit.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, M12BH said:

I think I've found where most of the 36% live. The stupidity of some of these people never seem to amaze me. Rationale for why the government shutdown is good:   ""It kind of makes me question what they do on a day-to-day basis.  If I don't miss them, what were they doing?"  Yeah motherfucker, it's all about you.  Christ on a sidecar, of all the arguments you could make supporting the shutdown, this is what you're going with?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/01/20/trump-country-republicans-cheer-federal-shutdown/2549255002/

And no, USA Today is not my normal reading material but I saw one in a hotel lobby in Bumfuck Florida and picked it up.  

If there is a god all of these people and only these people will be the ones to get food poisoning.

15 minutes ago, M12BH said:

reminds me of my office manager who doesn't believe polls because she's never been polled.

did mitch have jaw cancer from too much dip or something? 

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

1 -- only idiots negotiate with terrorists.

2 -- only idiots negotiate with someone who won't keep any promises made in negotiations.

3 -- we're not idiots.

4 -- go fuck yourselves.

5 -- we'll pass legislation and send it to the Senate.  We are a co-equal branch of the government, and we don't need the president's permission to do our job.  If you had a brain, a spine, or testicles*, you'd join us.

* "Brass ovaries" is also acceptable here.  See, e.g., Pelosi.

18 minutes ago, M12BH said:

"365 million people don't give a damn about your life, they give a damn about their own!".

images.jpg

I don't really see what the SOTU is a bargaining chip here. There is nothing that says it has to be delivered in oral form to a joint session of congress in the House chambers. Pick your own venue, invite members of congress to attend, afterwards deliver the same in written for to the leaders of both chambers. Move on. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

I don't really see what the SOTU is a bargaining chip here. There is nothing that says it has to be delivered in oral form to a joint session of congress in the House chambers. Pick your own venue, invite members of congress to attend, afterwards deliver the same in written for to the leaders of both chambers. Move on. 

Because the president is a teenage girl and it's not about the nail...or something.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

0BDAB576-912A-4BA4-BB0C-44DCAB4814E6_zps

"It's in the Constitution?"  You REALLY want to go there, Donnie Two Scoops?

no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

You wanna keep going with the Constitution, Donnie Bitch Tits?  Do you wanna?

“All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills.”

Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.

How you enjoying this, Donnie Dipshit?  You having fun yet?  We can keep schooling your ass, but "Nancy" is doing a fine-ass job of that thus far.

You are her bitch.  Now squeal like a pig.

• Like 4

What is happening now is BECAUSE the cowardly Pubs gave a fucking baby everything he wanted, in exchange for two far right judges on the Supreme Court.  

The Dems give Trump and off ramp and Trump rejects it as the approval rate keeps on falling.  How do you negotiate with a naked man who insists heisi wearing the finest clothes on the Planet?  How do you do that?  Even his own party members wouldn't negotiate with him to give him his (not racist) wall money.  

I guess Trump is going to really fuck this thing up to the max.  McConnell is more worried about his next election in two years than he is the health of the US economy. So the level of pain is going to have to become extreme.  It's gonna have to get really fucking bad to convince the naked man he really ought to put on some clothes. Simply because when you do not have empathy for others,  you honestly do not feel any pain at all unless it's applied to you personally.  I want to hear GOP Senators start answering questions in their home districts,  on a 70/30 issue they are shutting the government down over.  So some really shitty jobs numbers are going to be a near necessity, along with the market shedding another 1500 points to get movement on the President's end.

OF course you realize that if the weather were warm there would never have been a shutdown, as... well ... for this President, Golf comes first!

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, horn4life said:

What is happening now is BECAUSE the cowardly Pubs gave a fucking baby everything he wanted, in exchange for two far right judges on the Supreme Court.  

The Dems give Trump and off ramp and Trump rejects it as the approval rate keeps on falling.  How do you negotiate with a naked man who insists he wi wearing the finest clothes on the Planet?  How do you do that?  Even his own party members wouldn't do it to give him his (not racist) wall money.  

I guess Trump is going to really fuck this thing up to the max.  McConnell is more worried about his next election in two years than he is the health of the US economy. So the level of pain is going to have to become extreme.  It's gonna have to get really fucking bad to convince the naked man he really out to put on some clothes. Simply because when you do not have empathy for others you honestly do not feel any pain at all unless it's applied to you personally.  I want to hear GOP Senators start answering questions in their home districts,  on a 70/30 issue they are shutting the government down over.  So some really shitty jobs numbers are going to be a near necessity along with the market shedding another 1500 points to get movement on the Presidents end.

OF course you realize that if the weather were warm there would never have been a shutdown, as... well ... Golf comes first!

He's taken 800k people (really, many more than that -- contractors, all of their families, and everyone who depends on gov't services) hostage.  Now, we're at the point where he starts killing individual hostages.  Do you give into his demands NOW?  What about when he kills the next hostage?  And the next?

Nope.

You stand fast.  And as necessary and able, you do this:

0_JS158955375.jpg

28 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Checking in from the front lines of battle to report that the TSAprecheck line was open and took 5 minutes to get through security. Rumors of precheck and Mark twains death have been greatly exaggerated.

Go fuck yourself terrorist supporter. 

• Like 2

• Pancho changed the title to 2023 Republican Government Shutdown: Same Shit, Same Story