Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

35 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

this is being released starting today.  shipments to DFW and Austin.  then Houston and San Antonio later this week.  HO. LEE. SHIT.

spacer.png

https://www.guidelive.com/craft-beer/2019/08/12/pickle-beer-beer-pickles-martin-house-best-maid-fort-worth-collaboration

Meh. See PKL FKR 3 years ago from NB brewing company

19 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

martin house might be my least favorite texas brewery. its not only that they make shite beer, its also because they know better. at least strange land is just incompetent. 

Eh, they do a couple good things. Lightyears better than strange land.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:39 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

My wife likes the hard seltzer stuff, so I've tried most of them by default at this point.  Way better than the alco-pop stuff to me, as it isn't nearly as sweet.  Most of it just tastes like seltzer waters, which I'm pretty well hooked on.

I've come to welcome Natty Light as a tailgate beer.  For one, it's the ISU way.  Two, it's cheap.  Three, I can drink them all day and not be a mess.

Its nice that your wife doesn't care that your gay. JK, of course. I get that seltzer is popular, just not really something I enjoy. What gets me is that they are doing these things under beer brands (Natty Light Seltzer; Bud Light Tea), just make them their own product. As for tailgating, I can enjoy cheap low alcohol stuff for day long drinking, but I always mix in some good local craft beer, usually 5% or less.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Its nice that your wife doesn't care that your gay. JK, of course. I get that seltzer is popular, just not really something I enjoy. What gets me is that they are doing these things under beer brands (Natty Light Seltzer; Bud Light Tea), just make them their own product. As for tailgating, I can enjoy cheap low alcohol stuff for day long drinking, but I always mix in some good local craft beer, usually 5% or less.

Natty and Bud are clearly trading on their brand name to help push their product.  And in all honesty, I don't think selling seltzer crap is any more damaging to their brands than the normal crap beer they sell.  It all sucks.  Arguably, the seltzer stuff tastes better than their normal beer products.  Just my opinion anyway.

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, I usually start with a couple of good beers and then shift over after 2-3 craft beers.

My wife loves true love. That’s from them right? Just like your mom loves my true love.
[/img]

‘Tis. They do good stuff, it’s just that it’s mixed in with a lot of weird stuff. I saw this the other day as well.

48562754b010fa5c07d7b0315fc5019e.jpg

Their barrel aged stouts are great, as well as the gose, sours, and I really like the El Chuco guava/agave one.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:46 PM, Bottlecap said:

martin house might be my least favorite texas brewery. its not only that they make shite beer, its also because they know better. at least strange land is just incompetent. 

There are a fuck ton of Texas breweries I dislike more than martin house

Martin House actually has 7-10 pretty damn good beers

On 8/17/2019 at 4:28 PM, Anton Chigurh said:

I checked my local Kroger but they had none. Really only want to try a single.

They did have this though. Regular one is great so this should be too.

IMG_5620.JPG

I've had some different Tequila barrel beers and I just don't like them. I really did try though.