Hey Dallas Cowboys Haters...

Vic Mackey

You know, at this point, I still hate Jerry Jones, but after all the heartaches they've been suffering for the last bajillionty years, I no longer enjoy watching Cowboys fans lose. They are clearly good fans, since they've stuck with their team in spite of knowing full well what it's going to get them at the end of the year. They're going to have to win a couple of championships again before I can go back to hating them. 

Sounds a lot like aggy. Also sounds a lot like battered wives.

42 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You know, at this point, I still hate Jerry Jones, but after all the heartaches they've been suffering for the last bajillionty years, I no longer enjoy watching Cowboys fans lose. They are clearly good fans, since they've stuck with their team in spite of knowing full well what it's going to get them at the end of the year. They're going to have to win a couple of championships again before I can go back to hating them. 

giphy.gif

I am a native Texan going back multiple generations on both sides of my family but spent a lot of my childhood in Tennessee. I was an Oilers fan from the second they drafted Earl but back then also a Cowboys fan, partially because I admired Landry and the team's grace under pressure and partially because my dad's second wife had been a secretary for the Cowboys and could tell me stories about Staubach, Lilly, Hayes, Meredith, all the stars of that era. As a Texan, I pulled for them in all NFC games, in all games not involving the Oilers. More recently that's become a hard position for a Houstonian to take. Jerry Jones is one reason, Switzer was another. General ineptitude is a third. For Millennial Houstonians, not hating the Cowboys (and all things Dallas) is an act of treason against Houston. I guess that's what happens when big states mature. Same thing applies to San Francisco and Los Angeles, especially with the Dodgers and Giants. 

For the record, I am not a Texans fan, either. I have no NFL team. Bud pulled out of Houston at the very same time I was coming back down here from Nashville and ever since I have been a free agent. If anything, I root against the Texans because they are the notOilers.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Cowboys fans get shit because they don't celebrate their team's success so much as they throw it in everyone's face.  This thread is a good example.  They love to say, "you either love us or you hate us", and they go out of their way to make it so.  And when you ask them why they think people hate the Cowboys, they'll say, with a straight face, "they're jealous!"

You want to really piss off a Cowboys fan?  Tell him you're neutral on the Cowboys and they're just another team to you, like the Chargers.  And that's honestly how I feel.  I refuse to hate the Cowboys because I refuse to give a shit about the Cowboys.

Yet here you are commenting about the Cowboys. 

3 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Cowboys fans probably act this way because they get a lot of unwarranted hate. I’m a novice Cowboy/NFL fan but from my experiences with die hard Cowboys fans, they’re not any different from other die hards. 

Yeah, no.  No one gives Saints fans shit.  No one gives Steelers fans shit. 

People give Dallas fans shit because they invite it with threads like this.  Act like dicks, and you'll collect haters.  It's simple.

People give Dallas fans shit because they invite it with threads like this.  Act like dicks, and you'll collect haters.  It's simple.

Exactly this is such a stupid argument. Your watched didn't you? You secretly love us. No idiot it's football. Watched both games yesterday and watching saints vs eagles now.

16 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Exactly this is such a stupid argument. Your watched didn't you? You secretly love us. No idiot it's football. Watched both games yesterday and watching saints vs eagles now.

Cowboys draw the most viewers year in and year out because of the fans?

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

So if Cowboys fans stopped being “dicks” people would stop hating the Cowboys? Seems like an oversimplification to me. Not buying it but to each thier own.

9 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Cowboys fans get shit because they don't celebrate their team's success so much as they throw it in everyone's face.  This thread is a good example.  They love to say, "you either love us or you hate us", and they go out of their way to make it so.  And when you ask them why they think people hate the Cowboys, they'll say, with a straight face, "they're jealous!"

You want to really piss off a Cowboys fan?  Tell him you're neutral on the Cowboys and they're just another team to you, like the Chargers.  And that's honestly how I feel.  I refuse to hate the Cowboys because I refuse to give a shit about the Cowboys.

This is pretty much me tbh 

Yeah, no.  No one gives Saints fans shit.  No one gives Steelers fans shit.  People give Dallas fans shit because they invite it with threads like this.  Act like dicks, and you'll collect haters.  It's simple.

Horseshit. Both those fanbases have their Vic like posts. Maybe not in here, but they are out there. Louisiana folks can be every bit of or even more obnoxious. I mean let’s look at LSU fans for that confirmation. Those guys morph into Saints fans on Sundays. Saints fans get plenty of shit.

Hell the Cowboys and Horns are my lifelong teams. I see folks all the time comparing the two as one in the same. That’ll piss ya off but I certainly see it at times. I just write it off to every fanbase has its shitholes....haters and “neutral” fans just lump them all together.

There aren’t any fan bases than are so called great fans that don’t talk shit. There may be variations such as eagles and raiders fans being the worst. There you can beat up talking shit at their stadiums, that rarely or ever will happen at a cowboy game.

You then have fan bases that are so apathetic they don’t even care such as most LA teams and that goes for every sport. There are subsets in every fan base that are idiots. I find cowboy fans to have a delusional subset that think they should be champions every year. At one time that was warranted in the 1970 “‘s and 1990’s but not anymore. UT has this same subset of fans, and opposing teams fans hate that. Those are fans of teams that are perennial losers who hate the cowboys and ut fans the most.

On 1/13/2019 at 2:54 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

I am a native Texan going back multiple generations on both sides of my family but spent a lot of my childhood in Tennessee. I was an Oilers fan from the second they drafted Earl but back then also a Cowboys fan, partially because I admired Landry and the team's grace under pressure and partially because my dad's second wife had been a secretary for the Cowboys and could tell me stories about Staubach, Lilly, Hayes, Meredith, all the stars of that era. As a Texan, I pulled for them in all NFC games, in all games not involving the Oilers. More recently that's become a hard position for a Houstonian to take. Jerry Jones is one reason, Switzer was another. General ineptitude is a third. For Millennial Houstonians, not hating the Cowboys (and all things Dallas) is an act of treason against Houston. I guess that's what happens when big states mature. Same thing applies to San Francisco and Los Angeles, especially with the Dodgers and Giants. 

For the record, I am not a Texans fan, either. I have no NFL team. Bud pulled out of Houston at the very same time I was coming back down here from Nashville and ever since I have been a free agent. If anything, I root against the Texans because they are the notOilers.  

Glad I'm not the only one.  I was a die hard Oilers fan, and hated Bud Adams for taking the team name with him.  I left town before the Oilers did, and to me, naming a team in Houston the Texans was one of the stupidest things I could imagine.  That town is the least Texan town in the entire state.

Not taking Vince was the icing on the cake, and solidified my dislike for the Texans for eternity.  Now I could care less about NFL football for the most part, especially since the Horns haven't been good enough to put marquise players in the league.  

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 9:20 AM, slorch said:

jealous of what?

$50 parking?

This Cowboys fan rolls his eyes at those idiots too.

Saw it some in college, but a shit-ton in the military; but the fans who bother(ed) me the most are front running sunsabitches who have zero invested in their team.  Whatever the hot team is, they had that cap or t-shirt.  New shit almost every year.  They never rolled with their teams through the valleys and anguish of craptastic campaigns.  If you don't do that, then IMHO; you damned sure don't get to revel in the glory of winning either.

I fucking hate the Eagles and Redskins, but if someone has rolled with them most of their lives and they can tell me who Wilbert Montgomery, Harold Carmichael, Joe Jacoby, or Darrell Green were; I'm a lot more likely to see credibility in their takes and opinions on the game.

• i still have my astros t-shirt from when they were at the beginning of multiple 100-loss seasons
  • I went to UT in the early 90s, and attended football games, including that godawful wtf Cotton Bowl vs. Miami
  • The first time I went to a Super Bowl, the Broncos still hadn't won any. They did that day. Wore the old-school orange D to the game.

41 minutes ago, HouTex said:

This is a UT-based forum. Maybe this has been covered before, but how can UT fans/alumni ever root for a team that was once coached by Barry Switzer?

I hated that era for the Cowboys, mostly because it was absolutely unnecessary.  Switzer had zero business in that role...but the big dicks had to out-do each other and fuck their players and fans over in the process.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

I hated that era for the Cowboys, mostly because it was absolutely unnecessary.  Switzer had zero business in that role...but the big dicks had to out-do each other and fuck their players and fans over in the process.

did you like those three super bowls?  I hope you did.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, futureman said:

did you like those three super bowls?  I hope you did.  

yeah they were all Jimmy's and there should have been 4-5.

All jerrah did was prove how spectacular Jimmy was at building that team.

Edited by slorch