Cowboys @ Rams: Divisional Round Edition

Vic Mackey

I am so pumped for this game. I grew up in LA and lived and died with the Rams, but we moved to Texas in '79 and I became a Cowboys fan as well. Still rooted for the Rams, but that ended when they went to St. Louis. Well, now that they're back in LA (and often wearing those glorious '70s-'80s uniforms), I can't help but root for them again. I'll be pulling for Dallas tonight, but the whole idea of Rams-Cowboys in the playoffs IN THE L.A. MEMORIAL COLISEUM is just too much for my brain to process...

gettyimages-71499154.jpg?w=1000&h=600&cr

• Like 5

I wonder how the footing will be for this game. Last year, it was god awful. They cancelled a Hall of Fame game for a field that had better footing than the one last year when the Rams played Falcons. Rams looked really bad and Falcons dominated. Bad field conditions would benefit us.

And yes, I remember this Rams-Vikings game. I didn't see it on TV because it was blacked out in L.A., so I had to listen to Dick Enberg on the radio. That was pretty normal back then-- Rams home games were rarely on local TV because the Coliseum held 100,000 people back then.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I wonder how the footing will be for this game. Last year, it was god awful. They cancelled a Hall of Fame game for a field that had better footing than the one last year when the Rams played Falcons. Rams looked really bad and Falcons dominated. Bad field conditions would benefit us.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i don't get why we need a 2nd thread but whatever.

the last time we won a road playoff game....  1993... candlestick.

Because this is the gameday thread. We have a good thing going when I start them lately so I continued haha. The other was more of the weekly chatter leading up to it.

24 minutes ago, michaelpshayes said:

1992/1993 NFC championship was a completely horrible field, turf between the hashes was replaced prior to the game ...outside the hashes was shit ...and the sidelines were like a mud wrestling pit 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7okJGX9JYoU

Edited by RoyalBevo21

26 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i don't get why we need a 2nd thread but whatever.

the last time we won a road playoff game....  1993... candlestick.

I think these are all our road playoff road losses since then.

1994 - Niners NFC title

1996 - Panthers divisional 

1999 - Vikings wild card

2003 - Panthers wild card

2006 - Seahawks wild card

2009 - Vikings divisional

2014 - Packers divisional

Just now, Party_Taco said:

Gotta day I’m not exactly stoked about those conditions with our injuries - Stay healthy out there, boys!

This neutralizes their high octane offense. Same thing happened to them last year against the Falcons and they looked terrible. This is good.