Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

To show just how little 'bread' there is in this Texas recruiting class

Texas is the only team in the top 10 with 0 5-star composites recruits and only LSU and Penn State have fewer commits than Texas 23.

Braggin On My Croots!!  love hermanator. #BOMC

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

Doesn't  247 love Shepherd? He might get a bump.

Terry tweeted that a shepherd could be a top 10 pick or something like that when watching his film but they have to balance that with his high chance of being a complete and total bust. Low 4 star is usually where they put guys like that. I wouldn’t have been shocked if they bump him a bit but it looks like all their ratings have gone through so he’s probably not getting one.

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm pretty sure Burton doesn't even participate in rankings anymore. I could be wrong. Of course, if he doesn't, then that just is further proof to aggy that he is behind the scenes pulling the strings on all the experts that work for him. See, in took me 5 seconds to figure out how aTm will discount this new feature completely out of hand. BURTON MADE PERRONI DO IT.

He doesn’t but the ags have been whining about Burton, either himself or via EJ and Howe, etc forcing 247 to change certain UT commits for years, which is funny because Perroni actually has the most input out of any team-specific guy in Texas. They have him go to a lot of national and Texas-wide events to give input. Not to mention the whole Elko-Fong thing they have going.

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

or, you know, releasing an absolutely dominating reel of senior film and winning Gatorade National Player of the Year for it...

His junior film was just as incredible. The senior film really didn’t move the needle at all. Everyone knows he can dominate short, slow white kids in AZ. His only chance for a bump was showing that he can do the same thing against the nation’s Best athletes. 

I realize this advice will be wasted on you, but don’t be a bitch. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So there's a post on The Football Brainiacs site titled "Big News Likely on the way."

I hope they're right or we're never getting to 1000.

If it happens, it's going to get us to 1000. 

If.

It is actually big enough to where they definitely don't want to blow their load too soon otherwise they'll have an absurd amount of backlash if it falls through.

Edited by gordogg24p

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Doesn't look like they've been released yet?

It’s hard to tell if they’ve all happened or if the ratings are getting rolled out incrementally. Marcus Washington was moved by 247 from #493 to 416. lulz. Barton will never get over that slow 40 time he ran while injured at the camp where he won WR MVP. 

11 minutes ago, gordogg24p said:

If it happens, it's going to get us to 1000. 

If.

It is actually big enough to where they definitely don't want to blow their load too soon otherwise they'll have an absurd amount of backlash if it falls through.

Why are you guys speaking in code? This is not a 9.95 business here. What is it? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So there's a post on The Football Brainiacs site titled "Big News Likely on the way."

I hope they're right or we're never getting to 1000.

Just a heads up, there is likely to be some pretty major news coming out later today that could impact Texas…in a good way.

I’m sorry to be the, “I know something but can’t tell you” guy.

But when this news drops and again, it’s likely to happen today, you’ll know it was what this was in reference to.

Edited by RGBIII

Just now, RGBIII said:

Just a heads up, there is likely to be some pretty major news coming out later today that could impact Texas…in a good way.

But when this news drops and again, it’s likely to happen today, you’ll know it was what this was in reference to.

Bru? He's coming?

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

f89ab495b74b7e4981f243dc484f24e2275d733c

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

And for 2019? 

Just now, Huckleberry said:
6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:
Why are you guys speaking in code? This is not a 9.95 business here. What is it? 

I'm not speaking in code; I don't subscribe there so all I can see is the headline on the front page. I posted what I saw.

I for sure was not talking about your post. It looks like we won’t have to wait long anyway.

The wording implies a coaching change of some kind. 

There is no big news that is going to happen for 2019 recruiting. The hoped close is Richmond/JUCO, Proctor, and Henry. No one cares whether Shepherd stays or goes. He could be a strong starter or a bust. There probably is very little middle ground.

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Major news either is Jake Majors or Major Applewhite....read between the lines folks!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I'll spill the beans on the big announcement. I've decided to go to the WVU game next year. Book your tickets if you want to see me vomit in Morgantown. 

• Like 3