Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Just now, closetojumping said:

The $9.95ers just can't shut the fuck up. I swear that we have the worst group of them in the entire country. They're actively working against the program at times, and this is one of those times. Motherfuck.

Is this another FCB thing where news getting out gets people pissy that they didn’t share it themselves?

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The $9.95ers just can't shut the fuck up. I swear that we have the worst group of them in the entire country. They're actively working against the program at times, and this is one of those times. Motherfuck.

What are your thoughts on the $6.99ers?

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They haven't said what it is yet though, lol

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Here for the ctj vs. Baizer mudfight

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So I'm right - its not too late for Chip Brown to fuck this up.

Just now, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Is this another FCB thing where news getting out gets people pissy that they didn’t share it themselves?

Let's be clear here - none of us have an economic incentive to do anything other than be patient and potentially elated. You have distractions including the new composite rankings and aggies then hating us more than they like themselves, and all that that entails. 

That considered, TFB is economically incented. That's a problem. This gets fucked, it's on them sprinting out to run their mouths and potentially causing all kinds of other shit to spill out/crossover. Even if we wind up winning here, they're not doing anyone any favors. So there is no CTJ vs Bazier anything. He can say whatever the fuck he wants, and I will continue to be correct and justified with my position, and that you guys should understand. 

• Like 8

Just now, closetojumping said:

Let's be clear here - none of us have an economic incentive to do anything other than be patient and potentially elated. You have distractions including the new composite rankings and aggies then hating us more than they like themselves, and all that that entails.  

That considered, TFB is economically incented. That's a problem. This gets fucked, it's on them sprinting out to run their mouths and potentially causing all kinds of other shit to spill out/crossover. Even if we wind up winning here, they're not doing anyone any favors. So there is no CTJ vs Bazier anything. He can say whatever the fuck he wants, and I will continue to be correct and justified with my position, and that you guys should understand.  

So, that said, is the problem that they've announced "something big" is coming, or is it that there's the potential that they might spill specifics?

Just now, texifornia said:

So, that said, is the problem that they've announced "something big" is coming, or is it that there's the potential that they might spill specifics?

It's the same thing, in effect.  Once they say the first, they can't keep in a lid on it because there's pressure to spill the beans and be first.  They should have never said anything to begin with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I was confused by this too. 247 in their own rankings only gives out 32 5 stars, but for the composite, it looks like a grade of .9833 is the 5 star cutoff based on the last few years, so the composite can have more or less than 32 5 stars.

i have no clue how or why they make .9833 the cutoff for the composite.

The composite is percentile based and the 98.4 percentile is 32 out of 2000 recruits.

Just a guess.

Edited by JBJ

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Eric Nahlin was just asked if we can expect any new commitments to the 2019 class.

He replied "Maybe one, not counting Shepherd"

Booya that means we got into the Elam sweepstakes at hour 24 and got him to sign! What a turn of events...gotta be the good news not related to recruiting/maybe Texas. 

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Just a heads up, there is likely to be some pretty major news coming out later today that could impact Texas…in a good way.

I’m sorry to be the, “I know something but can’t tell you” guy.

But when this news drops and again, it’s likely to happen today, you’ll know it was what this was in reference to.

Higdon, that you? 

Just now, Babytime said:

I’m curious.  Why is this the info you guys are keeping a lid on, as opposed to other info on the past?

If it's a coaching change, as you'll recall last year with Hand, not keeping a lid on it can have some pretty big implications.

• Like 1

Also - they make it sound like someone else will be announcing this news.  So TFB isn't going to release it - but they have reason to believe someone else will?  The school?  Or do they expect someone like Fat Ketch / FCB to fuck it up?  If its the latter - they're okay with getting 'scooped'?  So many questions - does Will have enough socks to answer them all?

To me this reads as they know major news is coming, but it is not directly tied to Texas and any possible outcome of this news would be good for Texas....

Trying to then go outside the box:

Maybe NCAA is clearing everyone not directly tied to the Adidas scandal but will sanction Kansas?

Maybe some coaching changes somewhere else that helps Texas in their recruiting targets?

Maybe something tied to the the NCAA rules committee?