Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I think the staff is prioritizing retaining Naivar/prepping for if Orlando leaves for an HC role over any potential special teams dropoff from Naivar to Warehime.

At minimum we know Herman is big on special teams so he won't let it fall off the wagon completely.

I get what you are saying, but doubt Naivar would become DC if Orlando leaves. 

Having more time for Naivar to spend solely on defense is a good thing though since Texas currently has only 4 Coaches on the defensive side of the ball.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I was a little worried to see the special teams coach switch around, there is still a lot to do to make our special teams better. It should not be a job just tossed on some spare coach.

But whatever, maybe those titles do not actually mean much.

I hope it means we will focus more on special teams, as outside of Dicker in the OU game, our special teams weren't so special.

1 minute ago, FloridaHorn said:

I hope it means we will focus more on special teams, as outside of Dicker in the OU game, our special teams weren't so special.

Our special teams will naturally improve as the talent levels on our coverage units rise from stellar recruiting. We do need to cut down on some of the stupid mistakes, though. Dicker needs to not kick out of bounds, and I don't understand why we would start seemingly every game by kicking short before making the adjustment and booting the ball out of the end zone.

• Like 1

Just now, CB'sGotMeLit said:

Depends - do they look alike?

It should be obvious by now that there are good versions of this joke and bad versions of this joke.  If you're going to make this joke, it is worth trying to be new and creative about it.  Hard to believe that something less than a week old has already been beaten to death.  But I put nothing past Surly.

What I do ask is that when you fuckwits try to make this joke, do it in a new and interesting way.  Or don't do it at all and just post pics of Kate Beckinsale.

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

It should be obvious by now that there are good versions of this joke and bad versions of this joke.  If you're going to make this joke, it is worth trying to be new and creative about it.  Hard to believe that something less than a week old has already been beaten to death.  But I put nothing past Surly.

What I do ask is that when you fuckwits try to make this joke, do it in a new and interesting way.  Or don't do it at all and just post pics of Kate Beckinsale.

554421_1.jpg

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

About the only time Herman seemed defensive in that presser was answering about Hand. It was like he went out of his way not to compliment him too much and possibly therefore be seen as critical of Warehime. Also, the response he gave Bohls about how many would be contributors seemed like there was an unspoken (and much relished by Herman) f-you: “Some.”

Yeah, I was also trying to understand why Herman was being careful not to throw too much praise towards Coach Hand at today's press conference..... maybe your guess was right that he was trying to protect Warehime a little.

I think Herman caught so much criticism for his "Some" answer last year that it pissed him off today that Bohls asked the same type question again today..... So his answer of "Some" today was a smiling way to say "Fuck You" to Bohls for asking it again.

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I get what you are saying, but doubt Naivar would become DC if Orlando leaves. 

I don’t know... Tom sure likes alignment. Wouldn’t shock me to see a promotion from within. Wasn’t Naivar going to be in the running for DC had Orlando taken the Houston job?

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Like this:

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Wait, are Shepherd and Carrington twins?

/Katfid54

4 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

I don’t know... Tom sure likes alignment. Wouldn’t shock me to see a promotion from within. Wasn’t Naivar going to be in the running for DC had Orlando taken the Houston job?

Not sure but with CDC as current AD and the FB program on the rise, the DC role at Texas is not typically a hire from within type position.  Saban paid dearly this past year due to his promotion of Tosh Lupoi.... BIG MISTAKE.

If Orlando leaves, Not promoting Naivar to DC at Texas probably avoids the Peter Principle.

21 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Surprised you can tell the good and bad versions apart. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Here, I have the table set for all of you that have been shitting on Shepherd for the last three months. You know who you are. 

eating-crow.jpg

When he contributes to meaningful snaps on the field I’ll gladly bury my face in Sheryl Crow’s crusty old lap and eat all the Crow she can handle.

7 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Black pepper and white pepper are very, very different from red peppers

"White pepper is known for its sharp bite and is used to add extra flavor to Chinese soups, marinades for meat and poultry, and spicier stir-frys. It's also used in white sauces and dishes such as potatoes where the color of black pepper would detract from the appearance of the dish."

Your wrote this didn't you Katfid? 

11 minutes ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

"... where the color of black pepper would detract from the appearance of the dish."

I worked at the Salt Lick in Driftwood as kid for a couple of summers.  Customers would often praise the black pepper in their potatoes, except for the fact that they didnt put black pepper in the potatoes. What looked like pepper were cigarette ashes from previous customers. Bus boys would take dishes to the back and put left over food in 5 gallon buckets to reserve.  One time a lady said, wow.. prebuttered bread!  yeah, the used end was just cut off and the good end put in the humidifier  LOL  and sometimes it came with "pepper"  haha

Edited by Soldierhorn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I worked at the Salt Lick in Driftwood as kid for a couple of summers.  Customers would often praise the black pepper in their potatoes, except for the fact that they didnt put black pepper in the potatoes. What looked like pepper were cigarette ashes from previous customers. Bus boys would take dishes to the back and put left over food in 5 gallon buckets to reserve.  One time a lady said, wow.. prebuttered bread!  yeah, the used end was just cut off and the good end put in the humidifier  LOL  and sometimes it came with "pepper"  haha

LOL and haha?  Fuck you

6 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I6d.gif

17 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I've never hated anyone that I didn't personally know. Congratulations.

Well I never met Hitler or the clown serial killer (name escapes me) and I definitely hate those sons of bitches.

So congratulations, again. It goes Hitler, serial clown killer, and then you. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure but with CDC as current AD and the FB program on the rise, the DC role at Texas is not typically a hire from within type position.  Saban paid dearly this past year due to his promotion of Tosh Lupoi.... BIG MISTAKE.

If Orlando leaves, Not promoting Naivar to DC at Texas probably avoids the Peter Principle.

Luppoi was an idiotic hire. He had only been there a year, so there wasn’t the same knowledge and understanding of the culture/system. I’m not saying Naivar will happen. I’m just saying it wouldn’t shock me. 

1 minute ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I've never hated anyone that I didn't personally know. Congratulations.

Wel I never met Hitler or the clown serial killer (name escapes me) and I definitely hate those sons of bitches.

So congratulations, again. It goes Hitler, serial clown killer, and then you. 

Then there are surly clowns like you. context man context  I was just a kid doing what the big german and ultra cheap chinese owners wanted and this was a hugely different time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Also, Saban promoted Kirby Smart from within as well as Will Muschamp.