Texas recruiting notes 2019

8 hours ago, Machinator said:

Demariyon Houston senior highlights: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6063050/5bd649fada5b420e24dc24f7

This highlight starts off with 3 badly fielded kick off/punt returns that end up being touchdowns followed by one of the worst punts I've ever seen. His competition is legit garbage but Houston looks explosive and physical for his size. 

15 minutes ago, hornsup10 said:

This highlight starts off with 3 badly fielded kick off/punt returns that end up being touchdowns followed by one of the worst punts I've ever seen. His competition is legit garbage but Houston looks explosive and physical for his size. 

Dude’s got some wheels 

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Brayden Liebrock's senior highlights: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6022436/5ba2f7915b47fe0a5c4fc785

3 hours ago, RabidM said:

Damn, that kid can MOVE.  That's some good looking film.  

3 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Every time he extended his hands out from his body to make a catch. Hard to teach that on a consistent basis. 

OBSERVATIONS:

-He seemed to catch every pass thrown to him!
-And catches everything with his hands.
-Appears to run great routes and knows how to find space.
-His yards after contact were paltry. First tackler nearly always took him down, no matter how small. LJH he is not.
-Very willing blocker, both near the line of scrimmage and well down field.

He has "REDSHIRT" written all over him. He's got the receiving stuff down, but he will need at least a year with Yancy to bulk up to TE size, because he does not appear to have WR potential due to lack of wheels and lack of production after the catch, even when playing against mites from AZ.

I'm psyched that we got him and hopefully after beefing up, he runs with more violence after the catch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

OBSERVATIONS:

-He seemed to catch every pass thrown to him!
-And catches everything with his hands.
-Appears to run great routes and knows how to find space.

JOKE:

Just once, I would like to see a highlight tape where a receiver seemed to drop at least one of the passes thrown to him, caught every ball with his facemask or between his elbow and chest, and never tried very hard to get open and was easily taken out of plays.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So we still expect to close with:

Caleb Johnson LB (JUCO)

Isaiah Hookfin OT

Jacoby Jones DE  (JUCO)

Noah Cain RB

and possibly  Bru McCoy WR/LB  (assuming Helton is fired)

And I believe we're still looking for either a JUCO or grad-transfer OL?

if we were to get all of those, we would move into the #3 spot right behind aggy.  Of course, that is based upon the current scoring and not allowing for who the other teams get. 

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

Adimora, posted yesterday. I'd take him over all the in-state safeties; Richardson, Williams, Young, Owens, Catalon, Cine.. he's a dude

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6729292/5bebea38578df90d1c824d65

We are going to have an embarrassment of riches at safety next year, assuming Jones sticks around for another year (which seems much more likely after he has had to sit out several weeks).  I assume that you keep Jones in the run-stopping safety spot that he's played at a high level for two years now.  Do you keep Sterns at the high safety/centerfield spot, where he doesn't have as many run responsibilities, and can pick off deep passes like he does very well?  Do you spin him down to nickel and put someone like Adimora in the CF role?  Or do you move Foster over to NB, and plug Adimora into Foster's spot from this year, since it's more of a blitzing hybrid S/LB role?  Or do you try to plug Adimora directly in at NB?

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

We are going to have an embarrassment of riches at safety next year, assuming Jones sticks around for another year (which seems much more likely after he has had to sit out several weeks).  I assume that you keep Jones in the run-stopping safety spot that he's played at a high level for two years now.  Do you keep Sterns at the high safety/centerfield spot, where he doesn't have as many run responsibilities, and can pick off deep passes like he does very well?  Do you spin him down to nickel and put someone like Adimora in the CF role?  Or do you move Foster over to NB, and plug Adimora into Foster's spot from this year, since it's more of a blitzing hybrid S/LB role?  Or do you try to plug Adimora directly in at NB?

Yes4

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Overshown got next, don't forget.

19 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I get what you're illustrating, but you definitely don't take Foster off the line for blitzing; guy's been incredible this year rushing the QB and playing the run.