Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

41 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Yo, I made that drive back in November. San Diego to Pensacola. Definitely a long... Long trip. Made the most out of it with stops to see friends in El Paso, SA, Austin, and Houston though

San Diego to Pensacola - the Naval Aviation duty station regression drive. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mother mopar said:
9 hours ago, TankedBevo said:
I'm coming down from Dallas with the wife and toddler in tow. You fucks have no excuses. Onward and upward!

Me and the family are driving from SoCal after selling our house on our way to Florida. MM clan will be representing.

Where in FL are you ending up?

4 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

5bb748a16fda389e039f8af8da355bf3--navy-g

4 hours ago, Mano Cornuda said:

San Diego to Pensacola - the Naval Aviation duty station regression drive. 

3 hours ago, Waterface said:

Why would one go back to API Land after tasting the sweet fruits of West Coast fleet freedom and brown shoe command jackassery?

30 minutes ago, Mano Cornuda said:

Maybe ask @TheBryMan81 since he was the one that did it. 

Moving to Florida talk not going away. 

Haha y'all know what's up #GoNavy

So I'm a doc. Did my first year of a hospital residency in San Diego, then decided to be a flight doc, so moved to Pensacola for my introducing into the Aviation community... Yup, starting with API. Finished flying T6s, currently in Helo school, then will go to my assignment as a flight doc in June/July.  Trust me, wouldn't have left San Diego otherwise 😂

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Navy talk not going away #FlyNavy

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Mother mopar said:
10 hours ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:
Where in FL are you ending up?

Panama City...military move, hopefully my last.

Beautiful area in general all along the Panhandle. Very nice place to live when it's not Spring Break and Summer (the tourists are a necessary evil since they pay a lot of taxes).

7 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

So I'm a doc. Did my first year of a hospital residency in San Diego, then decided to be a flight doc, so moved to Pensacola for my introducing into the Aviation community... Yup, starting with API. Finished flying T6s, currently in Helo school, then will go to my assignment as a flight doc in June/July.  Trust me, wouldn't have left San Diego otherwise 😂

Air Force docs get more tail, sorry.

Edited by Spawn of Cthulhu
  • Haha 2

Haha y'all know what's up #GoNavy

So I'm a doc. Did my first year of a hospital residency in San Diego, then decided to be a flight doc, so moved to Pensacola for my introducing into the Aviation community... Yup, starting with API. Finished flying T6s, currently in Helo school, then will go to my assignment as a flight doc in June/July.  Trust me, wouldn't have left San Diego otherwise

No man. That is badass. Hijack away and thanks for your service
  • Like 3

Not an insipring spring game if you are a WR basing your decision on the passing attack.

Martell looks a bit inaccurate but does look great when uses his legs.  The other guy made the short easy stuff but nothing downfield.

maybe we can have walkons and freshman playing the DB spots during our spring game to showcase a passing attack lol

4 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Not an insipring spring game if you are a WR basing your decision on the passing attack.

Martell looks a bit inaccurate but does look great when uses his legs.  The other guy made the short easy stuff but nothing downfield.

maybe we can have walkons and freshman playing the DB spots during our spring game to showcase a passing attack lol

You laugh, but if the spring game is a recruiting tool, why not have 2nd and 3rd team d verses 1st team o? It isn't like Orlando is going to have trouble recruiting d anyway. Add in free beer, free live music, and a wet t-shirt contest and it would make for an exciting spring game. The fans would have fun, players would have fun, and all the recruits would be ours.

11 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Well in the small sample size of Air Force docs that I know (n=4), they're all married. So you may or may not be right there

In fairness, I was ( and still am) married, too. High percentage of Mormons in the USAF Medical Corps. Not sure about the other services. Pretty sure anyone single will do quite well. Good luck to you going forward.

15 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Roach and EJ CB'ed Tongue to Texas. 

LB recruiting is going to be interesting this cycle. Tongue would be a really good Rover LB. 

He's a guy ctj has implied has been recruiting himself to UT as much as the other way around if I recall correctly.