Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

46 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I just put in a pick for Peyton Powell to Baylolr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He may just do that, I'm not sure.  His dad played at Baylor.  That said,  he's probably visited TT maybe 5 times, twice after his UT commitment.

I'm still not thoroughly convinced that the QB as important to him as many here suggest.  One, I've heard him say that and two, BU has a really good QB already committed.  He was Ga.'s first pick (and Kliff's too for that matter).  At TT he's got 3 years to sit behind Bowman.  There's also Duffey and McIvor.

So could be BU, who knows?  Not entirely sure what what this means, if anything.  From TT commit and high school teammate Landon Peterson. "You know the move".

https://mobile.twitter.com/petersonlandon5/status/1073378926523748352?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1073378926523748352&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftexastech.forums.rivals.com%2Fthreads%2Fpeyton-powell.117541%2F

Edited by pigmeat markham

11 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

He was holding a spot at his best school option for a non-quarterback position until he got recruited hard enough by a school at the position he covets and perceives gives him the best chance. 

The Powell recruitment during the last few weeks reminded me of the recruitment of Kai Locksley.... a talented athlete wanting to play QB but probably better suited to play another position

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

The Powell recruitment during the last few weeks reminded me of the recruitment of Kai Locksley.... a talented athlete wanting to play QB but probably better suited to play another position

He’ll end up playing where he would have here, or as RG IV. Or maybe PP1.

Edited by Wishbone

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

With Washington a flip risk, Powell and Houston gone, and Bru unlikely, we flat out need numbers at outside WR.

I'm fine with taking Lewis.

Our state is stock piled with elite WR’s and we are struggling to make numbers in our class. Winning, Merhinger.