Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Couldn't enroll early because of a certain math class he didn't take or pass. Also something about not being tall or athletic enough.

I laughed at the 2nd part. He would likely start day 1 at Tennessee. 

Watch all the big programs that go after Henry. This sounds like normal recruiting talk after a school loses a recruit. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Like 90% of the time, JUCOs end up where they feel they'll have the best chance to start. They've been playing at some bullshit school in the middle of nowhere for two years, and they aren't going somewhere to sit on the bench. See the JUCO OL Arkansas stole from OU.

That could be the case with Lakia and Arkansas

Just now, closetojumping said:

The SEC has some bizarre math class requirement for JUCO players that we don’t have. It’s a big part of why we were able to land Gary Johnson. If that’s an issue with Henry, it means he isn’t going anywhere in the SEC. 

That's the word, and supposedly Florida State is a contender for him now.

Consistent with a guy whose recruitment screams dirty.

“It wasn’t an easy decision at all and it really went down to the wire. I decided on USC a few weeks ago and making the calls to the coaches was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. It was tough for sure but end of the day, I felt like USC was where I belonged and where I can have the most long term success on and off the field.”

If SC had fired Helton he would have come to Texas

Edited by Michael Knight

“It wasn’t an easy decision at all and it really went down to the wire. I decided on USC a few weeks ago and making the calls to the coaches was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. It was tough for sure but end of the day, I felt like USC was where I belonged and where I can have the most long term success on and off the field.”

If SC had fired Helton he would have come to Texas

If Bru is planning on Helton being an important part of his college career, he’s going to be in for a rude awakening.

No problem with him staying home, but if Helton played a role AT ALL in this decision, then he chose poorly. futureman has a better chance of being Bru’s coach in three years than Clay Helton.