Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

27 minutes ago, futureman said:

a) what’s with all the hullabaloo around weed testing?  nobody starts in the program.  you have to fail a test to get in the program.  nobody has been relegated to the program because of smoking weed in college.  it’s very, very simple.  you can be a raging stoner in the NFL pretty easily and carefree.  

2) bru is coming here.  there’s a reason e.j. won’t change his CB.  he knows, as do others, but they want bru to have his moment.  but it’s happening.  bru will be in austin. 

d) yes, bru is coming to austin. 

Are you for real? I can't tell if you're just making fun of the believers.

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

And are you shocked that the blond, private school, National Gatorade PotY WR is kind of a primadonna? At that position especially, ego management is a really high priority for the coaching staff.

I am not really concerned with Smith skipping the AllStar game honestly. If already recruited, don't see much point in going but to punp your ego a bit.

21 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Fwiw, former Tech commit and current target North Shore DB, Keeyon Stewart, quoted today as saying he's hearing from UT among others.

Could be a tougher than average get for Herman and staff.  Officially visiting TT on Jan 25 after having made other unofficials  there.  Committed to TT during the summer.  Said he wanted to look around after staff change.  Still in very close contact however.

Other than TT, hearing from KU, UH and UT the most. Former TT staffer, Emmett Jones, is now at KU so that's the connection there.  Former TT DC,  David Gibbs, will be Holgersen's  DC  at UH, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him visit there also.

As I mentioned, he committed to TT this past summer so his relationships with those ex TT coaches go back quite a while.  Has a teammate committed to Tech as well.

12 hours ago, satyanash said:

image.png

What in the hell did I just read in the top two paragraphs?  Bru told him that he made his decison and that he informed the respective two staffs. Ok i get that part.  BUT, then he proceeds to write the exact fucking opposite, basically implying he doesn't believe the kid. A kid who by all accounts is as straight up as they come.

14 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

A little to much drama to be straight up as they come, IMO.

Yep.  Seems like a good kid but I do think he told Suchomel he signed.  When he figured out that word was getting out, he told another story.   No drama if everyone knows it’s usc right?

also no shhhh from Carrington.  Over.  

Edited by Barry_McCokiner

32 minutes ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

Yep.  Seems like a good kid but I do think he told Suchomel he signed.  When he figured out that word was getting out, he told another story.   No drama if everyone knows it’s usc right?

also no shhhh from Carrington.  Over.  

It's most certainly USC, and has been since the beginning, but if UT were the choice I doubt Carrington would be posting anything at this point to steal the kid's spotlight. 

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I am not sure how much of it is Bru and how much of it is the motherless paysites making shit up to create drama for clicks. 

well let's see. one is a recruit who has stuck to his commitment timeline and informed both staffs of his decision. the other is a group of leeches whose entire business model is built around manufacturing drama in order to drive traffic.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

The whole point of him not announcing and waiting to announce today is soley gor the purpose of him creating drama.

Otherwise he wouldn't care who knew ahead of time.

he's always said he would announce at this all-star game. why are you upset he's sticking to that plan...he's worked his tail off to have his moment in the sun, quit acting like a scorned bitch.

the entire recruitnik world is driven by drama. you love it. you need it. and yet, you bitch about it. what the fuck is wrong with you? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

he's always said he would announce at this all-star game. why are you upset he's sticking to that plan...he's worked his tail off to have his moment in the sun, quit acting like a scorned bitch.

the entire recruitnik world is driven by drama. you love it. you need it. and yet, you bitch about it. what the fuck is wrong with you? 

I don’t think anyone is bitching, just stating facts.

3 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I don’t think anyone is bitching, just stating facts.

what i'm saying is that the audience for this stuff fuels the industry, and the entire industry is driven by manufactured drama. it's like a cocaine addict saying 'if they wouldn't make the stuff we wouldn't have a drug problem.'

• Like 1

Just now, Bevo said:

Lot of talk about Bru. Y'all must be USC fans, otherwise I don't get the point?  

I think everyone is just preparing themselves for what we don't want to happen but ultimately have zero control or influence over. The long and short is that expecting him to sign with SC and being pleasantly surprised if he signs with Texad is a much better prospect than if it goes the other way.