Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

8 hours ago, bEastTexas said:

247 days Kaiir Elam 4* CB was at the game on an unofficial. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Kaiir-Elam-90484/

I hadn't heard his name mentioned before. Interesting times in recruiting. We will need CBs to step up next year so there is an opportunity to play early.

Thinking about it, there is a lot of uncertainty on d next year. Safety will be good. We need improvement at nickle. We will need 2lbs to step up. We need pass rushing DEs and better DTs to take the next step. So, that is over half the defense. On campus many of those positions can be filled with players equal to the ones we are replacing, but to see actual improvement we will need to scour the JC and GT market.

Mike Roach: Visit notes from the weekend

—EJ and I have checked with some sources to see how the weekend is going. We've been told that the recruits visiting for the weekend had a great time at the game, and are enjoying their time on campus. Recruits will spend some time with the players tonight and then meet with Tom Herman tomorrow before wrapping up the weekend. We'll be able to gather more information tomorrow to have a better idea of how specific recruitments look.

—We were told specifically that Melissa wide receiver Kennedy Lewis is having a great time. Lewis and his father will spend some extended time with Herman tomorrow. If Texas decides to push, things could get very interesting for the TCU commit. Again, we'll be able to gather more specific information once the OV weekend wraps up.

—This is not an official visit note, but North Palm Beach (Fla.) cornerback Kaiir Elam made an unofficial visit for today's game. The four-star DB prospect is the son of former NFL DB Abram Elam. We are working to find more information on where he stands for Texas, and if an offer is expected.

41 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Mike Roach: Visit notes from the weekend

Reveal hidden contents

—EJ and I have checked with some sources to see how the weekend is going. We've been told that the recruits visiting for the weekend had a great time at the game, and are enjoying their time on campus. Recruits will spend some time with the players tonight and then meet with Tom Herman tomorrow before wrapping up the weekend. We'll be able to gather more information tomorrow to have a better idea of how specific recruitments look.

—We were told specifically that Melissa wide receiver Kennedy Lewis is having a great time. Lewis and his father will spend some extended time with Herman tomorrow. If Texas decides to push, things could get very interesting for the TCU commit. Again, we'll be able to gather more specific information once the OV weekend wraps up.

—This is not an official visit note, but North Palm Beach (Fla.) cornerback Kaiir Elam made an unofficial visit for today's game. The four-star DB prospect is the son of former NFL DB Abram Elam. We are working to find more information on where he stands for Texas, and if an offer is expected.

This right here. Evidence that they feel like they have to report something. That’s a lot of words to say we do not know anything. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Be interesting to see what happens with LSU at the RB spot now after beating Georgia in regards to John Emery and Noah Cain.  The Georgia board is in meltdown mode.  Why couldn't Rian Davis and Makiya have been ones to decommit?

Ha. What is a their forum called?  I always love reading a good meltdown 

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

UGA gets SMOKED by LSU and only drops 4 spots in the Coaches' Poll. You just have to laugh at this point. 

Yeah, they got absolutely dominated by LSU.  Bama will put a beat down on them if they make it past Florida.  UGA is very overrated this year.  

40 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The SEC is hot garage outside of Bama, Florida and LSU. 

Other than us, LSU is co-surprise team of the year. 

Outside of Cain, who else were we potentially looking at thinking LSU would implode? Obviously betting on Orgeron to self destruct will not work now. 

Edited by Newy25

Burrow definitely bailed Oeuax out and he has another year left. The defense is always going to be good with Louisiana talent and Aranda. 

Cain is going to LSU. 

I guess LSU is a bigger concern for 2020. I expect them to pop up in Evan's recruitment. Allegedly the North Shore coaches lean Bayou Bengal. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Burrow definitely bailed Oeuax out and he has another year left. The defense is always going to be good with Louisiana talent and Aranda. 

Cain is going to LSU. 

I guess LSU is a bigger concern for 2020. I expect them to pop up in Evan's recruitment. Allegedly the North Shore coaches lean Bayou Bengal. 

Pretty sure LSU on Texas FB schedule for 2019 & 2020??

I think Florida lands Sanders. 

His parents are pushing Bama hard, Trey seems to like Texas. Florida probably wins out as the compromise school and his older brother is there. 

I have no idea what we'll do at RB in 2019.  The grad transfer RB market could be an interesting follow. I'd be tempted to save the ship and try to land Evans, Mookie, and Jordan in 2020. 

17 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Outside of Cain, who else where we potentially looking at thinking LSU would implode? Obviously betting on Orgeron to self destruct will not work now. 

Probably hoping that they'd lose luster for 2020+ Texas kids 

12 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Cain is going to LSU. 

I wonder if Cain loses his spot there if Emery Jr wants in, or if Orgeron takes three RBs? Their class maxes out at 24, but they might have spots open if they miss on the Sopsher brothers. If Georgia loses both Emery and Cain, I wonder if they'll start looking at in-state options? 

Regarding our game next year, they're potentially losing two first round corners, which would help 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

This. LSU is always going to be a problem in Houston, East Texas, and with the Katrina kids.

It'd be nice if Texas could run them out of the Metroplex. 

I'd be nice if Texas could get into the Metroplex outside of one or two kids a year 

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Florida lands Sanders. 

His parents are pushing Bama hard, Trey seems to like Texas. Florida probably wins out as the compromise school and his older brother is there. 

I have no idea what we'll do at RB in 2019.  The grad transfer RB market could be an interesting follow. I'd be tempted to save the ship and try to land Evans, Mookie, and Jordan in 2020. 

Bama is almost certainly landing Sanders. Probably something like 80% Bama, 20% field. 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

I wonder if Cain loses his spot there if Emery Jr wants in, or if Orgeron takes three RBs? Their class maxes out at 24, but they might have spots open if they miss on the Sopsher brothers. If Georgia loses both Emery and Cain, I wonder if they'll start looking at in-state options? 

Regarding our game next year, they're potentially losing two first round corners, which would help 

You might have posted it a few months back, but I've read Oeaux really wants to take 3 backs in 2019. 

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

You might have posted it a few months back, but I've read Oeaux really wants to take 3 backs in 2019. 

That was early, and their starting to fill up, they can only take 24 this class, and they're currently at 20. I think Bama wins out on the two Amite kids, so maybe they'll end up taking all three RBs. 

Didn't I read that Cain doesn't want to be part of a class of several RB's? If so, that gives us a good chance, and I wouldn't count out Sanders, either. He loves Texas, and if he has supportive parents, they'll let him go where he wants. Not saying it will happen, but let's not lose hope. We're winning and that's what the kids wanted to see. When you win, things start to fall into place. Bru loves Texas, Sanders loves Texas, and Cain said he wanted to see how Texas does, and we're winning. What more could we ask for?

9 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Didn't I read that Cain doesn't want to be part of a class of several RB's? If so, that gives us a good chance, and I wouldn't count out Sanders, either. He loves Texas, and if he has supportive parents, they'll let him go where he wants. Not saying it will happen, but let's not lose hope. We're winning and that's what the kids wanted to see. When you win, things start to fall into place. Bru loves Texas, Sanders loves Texas, and Cain said he wanted to see how Texas does, and we're winning. What more could we ask for?

Cain keeps moving the goal posts for everybody except LSU. He's going to LSU. 

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Cain keeps moving the goal posts for everybody except LSU. He's going to LSU. 

And keeps filling up their spots. Warren could fall into our laps like Roach and Williams did because LSU probably won't have room.